13 New COVID-19 Cases Recorded Amid Reports Of Large Parties

- Advertisement -

The Ministry of Health and Wellness today, Thursday December 31, 2020 received confirmation of thirteen new cases of COVID-19.

The announcement comes against the backdrop of reports of large parties in the country.

“Reports have been received of large parties and other social gatherings during the past Christmas week and similar plans for the upcoming New Year celebrations,” according to a Ministry statement.

“While we wish everyone an enjoyable celebration as you usher in the New Year, we advise that safety be the priority for you and family,” the statement said.

- Advertisement -

It explained that the Ministry of Health and Wellness, through the reports from the contact tracing team, is noting the increased transmission of COVID-19.

“This can be associated with the increased movement and social activities during the first three weeks of December 2020,” the Ministry statement said.

It disclosed that all the thirteen new cases of COVID-19 are Saint Lucian nationals.

This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to date to 353.

The Ministry listed the new cases as follows:

Case #341 is a 35 year old male from the Dennery District
Case #342 is a 39 year old male from the Castries District
Case #343 is a 44 year old male from the Castries District
Case #344 is a 23 year old female from the Vieux-Fort District
Case #345 is a 34 year old female from the Castries District
Case #346 is a 30 year old female from the Castries District
Case #347 is a 35 year old female from the Dennery District
Case #348 is a 30 year old male from the Castries District
Case #349 is a 32 year old female from the Babonneau District
Case #350 is a 4 year old male from the Babonneau District
Case #351 is a 45 year old female from the Castries District
Case #352 is a 29 year old female from the Castries District
Case #353 is a 41 year old male from the Laborie District

The Ministry explained that all of these individuals had been assessed and tested for COVID-19 and placed in quarantine by health care practitioners pending receipt of their results.

Five of these cases are contacts of previously confirmed COVID-19 cases, it noted.

Investigations are currently being undertaken to determine the possible existence of an epidemiological link for the other eight cases.

“Arrangements have been made for the placement of all these individuals into isolation. Today the Ministry of Health also reports a total of 11 recoveries. This brings the total number of active cases currently in country to 64,” the Ministry stated.

Headline photo caption: Internet stock image courtesy Samantha Gades

- Advertisement -
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff
Our Editorial Staff at St. Lucia Times is a team publishing news and other articles to over 200,000 regular monthly readers in Saint Lucia and in over 150 other countries worldwide.

16 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.

TRENDING

spot_img

Subscribe to our St. Lucia Times Newsletter

Get our headlines emailed to you every day.

spot_img
RSLPF Investigates Castries Suicide ReportRead
+ +
Send this to a friend