The Ministry of Commerce, Business Development, Investment and Consumer Affairs works integrally with a number of Affiliate Agencies and Business Support Organisations in providing a full spectrum of support services, needed to foster the growth of businesses from incubation to export. It is on this basis that the Ministry has designated September as Business Month under the theme, “Economic Growth through Business Support – with a focus on Youth and Women.”
The core objectives of Business Month are to:
• Create awareness of the functions of the Ministry of Commerce and its Affiliate Agencies
• Celebrate the achievements of Women and Youth in the Business Community
• Generate discussion on Entrepreneurship in Saint Lucia
• Showcase achievements of Affiliate Agencies and their plans to foster Business Development
• Disambiguate the support path of business development from start-up to export
A calendar of activities has been planned by the Ministry in the form of panel discussions; debates; seminars; services and business training expo and other celebratory events in observance of Business Month.
This calendar of month-long activities will also serve as an advertorial piece, highlighting the overall mandate of each entity and how they collaborate to achieve the work of the Ministry and by extension the work of the Government of Saint Lucia.
Business Month will officially commence with a ceremonial launch scheduled to be held on Monday, September 7th, 2015, at the National Television Network (NTN) Studio, Hewanorra House, at 10:30 a.m.
The Ministry of Commerce, Business Development, Investment and Consumer Affairs encourages the participation and support of the business community and the general public in the various events in observance of Business Month.