Team Athletics St Vincent and the Grenadines (TASVG) is extending an invitation to all interested athletes to participate in the NACAC OECS Chatoyer Endurance 10K Road Race – “The world’s most challenging 10K”- which will be reintroduced on the afternoon of Sunday 25 October 2015 beginning at 3.00pm.
TASVG considers that his event, which is now being reintroduced after a lapse of several years, can become a major sport-tourism classic enhancing the stature of distance running in particular and of the sport of athletics in general, in this country and the wider regional and international sports arena.
The race starts at Penniston on the leeward side of the island of St Vincent and ends at historic Fort Charlotte, one of the outstanding heritage sites in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, which also offers a spectacular panoramic view of our capital city, Kingstown, and some of the Grenadine islands.
The NACAC OECS Chatoyer Endurance10K Road Race is being billed as the world’s most challenging road race event. We believe that this can become something of a permanent fixture on the annual international road-racing calendar and serve as a major attraction to athletes from around the world.
We expect that the sport-tourism challenge would add significant value to the annual event enough to attract larger number of participants at the local level and greater appeal to the international community.
1. The NACAC OECS Chatoyer Endurance 10K will take place on Sunday 25 October 2015 beginning at 3:00 p.m. from Penniston to Fort Charlotte, Kingstown, St. Vincent
2. Local teams shall register with any member of the Executive of TASVG or at the Olympic House, Kingstown Park, Kingstown, with a completed registration form and the registration fee.
3. International teams shall register through TASVG at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Categories of the Relay and the Registration Fees are as follows:
* Overseas Team Registration: $50 USD/athlete.
* Local Team Registration:
* Secondary Schools – $10.00EC/athlete
* Open – $25.00EC/athlete
5. Registration deadline for all teams is 5:00 p.m. Friday 16 October 2015.
6. There will be no registration after the closing of registration date.
7. Each category will be open to both male & female competitors. All race money will be equal for both male and female competitors in the respective categories.
8. No athlete under the age of 16 years will be allowed to participate in the event.
9. The top three (3) athletes in each category will receive cash prizes as follows:
9. The race will be electronically timed.
10. TASVG Road Race and Cross Country Commission does not hold itself responsible for inaccurate or insufficient supporting information given during the registration process and the impact of the outputted results based on this information.
11. All athletes shall sign the designated waiver or be refused participation.
12. The decisions of the race officials are final.