In commemoration of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women Blue Ice Entertainment and the Premiere Martial Arts Institute will be hosting a Self Defense Training programme. The programme seeks to equip women with the skills needed to escape life threatening situations when attacked.
The programme will commence on the 7th of October and culminate on the 25th of November 2015, which is the United Nations Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.
Reasons to learn self defense
* Crime can happen to anyone at anytime. You will be alone and you will be vulnerable, what will you do?
* How do we show our daughters how to protect themselves against rape, incest, assault, domestic violence?
* Educate. A self defense course can’t empower you; but it can educate you in showing you the options who have to take control of your life and feel safer.
* This is true LIFE Insurance. A self defense class that can truly SAVE our lives.
* Do it for those who count on you. If you won’t do it for yourself how about for those who count on you the most – your kids, spouse, parents, siblings, etc?
* 35% of women and girls globally experience some form of physical and or sexual violence in their lifetime with up to seven in ten women facing this abuse in some countries.
* It is estimated that up to 30 million girls under the age of 15 remain at risk from FGM/C, and more than 130 million girls and women have undergone the procedure worldwide.
* Worldwide, more than 700 million women alive today were married as children, 250 million of whom were married before the age of 15. Girls who marry before the age of 18 are less likely to complete their education and more likely to experience domestic violence and complications in childbirth.
* The costs and consequence of violence against women last for generations.