The St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture launched the 2016 St. Lucia Business Awards on Wednesday September 30 2015. 2016 will mark the 7th Anniversary of the Award ceremony, in the current series of the private sector premier awards, which celebrates business excellence in St. Lucia. The Chamber is very pleased to once again host the Award Ceremony as the grand finale event in St. Lucia’s Nobel Laureate Week.
In her remarks committee chair Dr. Charmaine Gardner highlighted that the goal of the Saint Lucia Business Awards continues to be, rewarding and celebrating top performing companies within Saint Lucia’s private sector. The Awards have brought much prestige and attention to the many winners and nominees over the years, testament to the high regard the awards and its independent adjudication process are held by all.
Scheduled for January 23rd the 2016 awards ceremony will continue to reward and celebrate top performing companies within Saint Lucia’s private sector. The St. Lucia Business Awards continues to demonstrate that size is no deterrent to excellence as the St. Lucia Business Awards focuses on celebrating excellence in our Business Community.
This year there will be no additional awards introduced and maintains the fourteen award categories as:
1. Prime Ministers Award for Innovation
2. Award for Service Excellence
3. Entrepreneur of the Year Award
4. Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
5. Business of the Year Award
6. Exporter of the Year Award Goods
7. Exporter of the Year Services
8. Award for Excellence in Human Resource Development
9. Award for Marketing Excellence
10. Award for Corporate Leadership
11. Award for Corporate Social Responsibility
12. Green Award
13. Idea of the Year Award
14. Ease of Doing Business Award
Applications for the St. Lucia Business Awards are available on the St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce’s website www.stluciachamber.org. Businesses have eight weeks, within which their submissions can be made as the deadline is November 26th 2015. Once submitted the nominees will be announced mid-December and the St. Lucia Business Awards will take place on Saturday January 23rd, 2016.