PWA President says there was no Police “Hit List”

PWA President says there was no Police “Hit List”

The President of the Police Welfare Association, PWA, Camron Laure, has told a news conference that based on investigations carried out by his organization, there was no so called Police Hit List of criminals as alleged by a report into alleged extra judicial killings by officers of the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force, RSLPF.
Laure said that based on the PWA’s findings, Police Commissioner, Vernon Francois, instructed that criminal profiles be prepared for some notorious criminals who were being held at the Anse La Raye Police station and who were unknown to officers at the station.
According to Laure, several copies of the document were made available to Gazetted Officers.
“If such a list existed, the Police Welfare Association would have been the first to condemn it,” Laure said.
He disclosed that revelations by the Prime Minister, Doctor Kenny Anthony, asserting that the report into the Police slayings alleged that fake encounters were staged and that the Police planted weapons on criminal suspects, have resulted in the marginalization and victimization of officers who were part of the Special Task Force implicated in the report.
According to Laure, the officers have been overlooked for promotions and appointments even when they meet the requirements.
He also revealed that based on the Prime Minister’s address to the nation on March 8, 2015, during which excerpts of the IMPACS report were read, certain officers were being asked to retire.
The PWA President told today’s news conference that the organization was seeking legal advice on the constitutionality of the IMPACS investigation, hinting that it may have contravenes section 19 of the Police Complaints Act which empowers that body to investigate complaints against Police officers.
Quoting from the Act, Laure argued that Police Commissioner, Vernon Francois, had not administered the oath of office to the Jamaican investigators, and said he wondered who did.

Twelve suspected criminals were killed by the police between 2010 and 2011 during a police exercise called Operation Restore Confidence. Human Rights organisations and relatives of the victims claimed that the deceased had been deliberately targeted by police execution style.

Related Articles


  1. Nice
    October 6, 2015 at 6:01 pm Reply

    Doing more harm than good.
    And it just puts more truth to the fact the gazetted officers in the RSLPF are out to destroy the PM.

  2. Tyra
    October 6, 2015 at 10:09 pm Reply

    Your words cannot be trusted as the worse president of the PWA. Fake!

  3. jus a frend
    October 7, 2015 at 2:47 pm Reply

    Its high time u start packing your balls in your underwear and represent those who put you there. Dont be afraid of these guys who will breathe fire down your neck. If they brebreathe we breathing too. That is how u get the support of your followers as a leader. Stay brave cabrah u are earning balls nows.

Leave a Reply