VH investigates neglect claims by pregnant teenager whose baby died

VH investigates neglect claims by pregnant teenager whose baby died

Victoria Hospital has launched an investigation into claims of gross neglect by a nineteen year old Mother, who says she gave birth prematurely to a baby girl who died about eight hours later at the health care institution.

“This is most unusual,” a source close to the investigation told the Times about the claims made by nineteen year old Security Guard, Richina Chelsea Matty, who lives in Micoud.

Matty says she was transferred from St Jude Hospital to Victoria on September 25, 2015, as a result of developing complications.

Matty told the Times that she was accompanied by her Mother and a Nurse from St Jude, and was put in a Labor Room at Victoria, but recalled that neither her Mother nor the Nurse were allowed into the room.

She said they arrived at Victoria Hospital at about 9:PM.

“I was left there alone and kept asking for assistance,” the teenager said, adding that she was left to throw up on the floor because of not being given a bed pan.

“I could see the nurses in the hallway going about their own business,” Matty told the Times.

She said she indicated that she wanted to use the bathroom, and when she could not contain herself anymore, wet her bed.

Matty, who disclosed that she was seven months pregnant, said she delivered a baby girl on her own at 1:50 AM on the morning of September 26, 2015.

She said the newborn cried once and a Nurse came, cut the umbilical cord and took the child away.

“I was practically left to clean myself up,” Matty said.

She explained that the baby died right hours after, because her lungs were “premature”.

Matty told the Times that dealing with the trauma and stress of her ordeal had prevented her from coming forward before with her story.

Victoria Hospital has indicated that it is aware of the teenager’s claims of neglect on the part of Nurses, and is looking into the matter.

1. The Crow
    October 13, 2015 at 5:37 am Reply

This is a most unusual story! I know the VH bashers will come out of the wood work and claim that this girl’s story is true . . . but is it? Like the person close to Matty said, her story is “most unusual”.

1. mel
      October 13, 2015 at 2:02 pm Reply

This girl story is not so unusual ..at 27 years i went to give birth and the nurses knew of my complications from my previous pregnancy and they didn’t care even after my private doctor gave instructions..i gave birth to a almost 8 pound baby on my own after calling and no one came …no one apologized and this traumatized me ,but thank god for my husband,daughter and my precious baby boy i got over this

2. me
      October 13, 2015 at 7:53 pm Reply

not unusual at all as I experienced something similar to that in April this year only that I was 23 weeks . so ppl aew not always plotting against VH

2. puzzled
    October 13, 2015 at 11:04 am Reply

The baby was born prematurely at 7mnths, help me to understand how is this negligence on the nurse part. VH has its flaws this I know but some of you need to walk in the nurses and doctors shoes for just an hour. I am pretty sure that you saw the nurse walking to take care of somebody else’s business.

1. s
      October 13, 2015 at 1:17 pm Reply

Shut up were u there no so cut the crap

2. Fuckery
      October 14, 2015 at 2:50 am Reply

One thing about them vh nurses… I went to give birth last year august and imagine the nurse that was there with me left and go & eat her KFC & I deh in endless pain… I well give her her business

October 14, 2015 at 3:14 am Reply

You sound so dumb. Premature babies survive all the time when given proper care. I cannot believe they allowed this young lady to be on her own knowing she had complications. Someone needs to be held accountable. I am so disgusted by that story. The negligence is she was left unattended by herself for a long period of time.

3. mimi
    October 13, 2015 at 11:46 am Reply

VH is a waste of time the nurses there don’t care abt ppl lives. I believe this young lady cause I had a family member who went throw the same treatment. The disrespect, and instead they tend to u they are sitting gossiping, or combing each other hair, VH need to fired some of their nurses or send them on some customer service training. Worse hospital I have ever been to.

October 13, 2015 at 1:41 pm Reply

I agree send them home they aren’t ready to work and they will say they was their assisting another patient non sense

5. say wat
    November 3, 2015 at 12:36 am Reply

The nurses and even the doctors act like they so above u and u on their time on two occasions i had to get mad wit them. Went to give birth to my son they lefr me in the room all by myself with all my pain the water bag burst the child was xumin the nurse poke her head i told her the child was cumin she told me no when i put my hand down deh the i felt the childs head when she see dat now she rushing cuz the child cumin out already she didnt even have time put floves the child was practically out already