Sarah Flood Beaubrun predicts resounding UWP election win with her as party leader

Former government Minister, Sarah Flood-Beaubrun, who intends to challenge Allen Chastanet for the leadership of the opposition United Workers Party, (UWP), has predicted a resounding election win for the party with her at the helm.

“Absolutely, I think we can have a resounding victory. It will be an exciting election,” Flood-Beaubrun told the Times in an interview.

However the former MP for Castries Central made it clear that the decision as to whether she leads the UWP is a matter for party members and delegates, who will vote at the UWP convention on November 15, 2015.

“I think I have a lot of work to do, but I can make it,” Flood-Beaubrun declared.

The Attorney at Law disclosed that she was seeking the leadership of the UWP because she believes that she can do a good job.

“I can really bring unity to the party. I really have what it takes. I have the experience to lead Saint Lucia, to restore confidence in our people, to deal with the issues that are facing us, to bring hope to a situation of despair. I think I am really ready for this job and I can do an excellent job. I think I am the person to do this at the moment. That’s why I have thrown my hat in the ring,”she declared

Flood-Beaubrun was nominated at a party meeting yesterday in Ti Rocher.

The nomination was made by the Gros Islet constituency branch of the UWP and seconded by Castries North.

Questioned on the matter, Flood-Beaubrun told the Times the two groups would have to be asked what motivated them.

1. Joe
    October 19, 2015 at 4:43 pm Reply

Now the UWP have a good chance to win the next elections if Sarah runs. The UWP paid for a poll that showed them losing to Kenny which is why Chastanet will not publish the poll even though he had admitted it exists. From what you hear on the ground even if Chastanet were to win a general elections he is under so much pressure and so many people do not like him that the UWP government would not last long. St. Lucians just do not feel his spirit even if he means well. To give us a chance Sarah has to run against Kenny. That is a battle we can win big!

2. Watcher
    October 19, 2015 at 8:41 pm Reply

3. Mitchell
    October 20, 2015 at 4:20 am Reply

FINALLY there’s a ray of hope, #HOPE!!! It’s time for radical change.

4. Joe
    October 20, 2015 at 5:54 am Reply

When will we Lucians start voting based on common sense and a chance to develope a great and successful country.
    Sarah’s track record as Min of Health was exemplary.
    She turned Victoria’s A&E into a world class facility which the SLP destroyed when she left.
    I think she was only around 29 years when she did this and with no experience. She did it because she cared and thought only of her people.

Both Kenny and Chastanet just spend spend and spend.
    Can Chastanet with all the agro around him unite a country. I do not think so.
    Common sense tells us if we want success only Sarah could make a difference.

5. tom
    October 20, 2015 at 1:28 pm Reply

Mr. Chastnet took the UWP out of a deep brown sea. Since the time of Henry Giraudy and Sir John, Vaughn Lewis Stephenson King, Had no structure, If Allen was afraid he would not allow a convention so close to an election like his form leaders and Kenny and SLP. Joke you making. I think Sarah I have some level of admiration for, but what some know she does like to work her way up. She want to fly direct to the top or no way. If she really wants people support. I would like to see her march on Thursday and bring King And Spider with her. It would be a start to help further unify the party. The UWP is unified and hand full of persons who has always held decisions to ransom for selfish gain are playing games. It shows that Allen has the ability to lead even under the most trying time. ASK KING WHY WAS RF VISA REVOKED OH KENNY ALSO. THEY TRYING TO PROTECT HIM TILL THE CAMPAIGN START OF POLITICAL DESTRUCTION TO ALLEN AND GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. MF
    October 22, 2015 at 12:02 am Reply

Sarah Flood will roll Saint Lucia back 50 years. Want to lose access to condoms and contraception? Vote Sarah Flood. Want to lose the right to divorce? Vote Sarah Flood. Want a Catholic (not christian but Catholic) government? Vote Sarah Flood. Want a government that promotes baby making even for poor families who can’t afford? Vote Sarah Flood. I won’t go as far as saying she will sweep child abuse, spousal abuse, incest and rape under the carpet but she is all for ignoring such things in favour of the “family”. At least that’s what her political history suggests. So yeah vote sarah and forget progress.