Fire Service renews rubbish fire warning

Fire Service renews rubbish fire warning

The Saint Lucia Fire Service (SLFS) has reiterated a rubbish fire warning, after a shed was destroyed by fire.

The shed was reportedly occupied by a man, described by persons in the community as a vagrant.

The incident happened in the early hours of this morning, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, at City Gate.

Residents of the neighbourhood told the Times that the fire started at about 4:AM next to a garage.

However, the garage was not affected by the blaze.

Fire Service Officials told the Times that it is suspected that the blaze began as a rubbish fire which was apparently left unattended and got out of control.

Officials are reminding members of the public to consult the SLFS when burning rubbish.

“We have a procedure where we do site inspections to determine whether the area is suitable,” one official explained.

According to the official, there have been instances in the past where persons set out to burn rubbish and when the fire gets out of hand, they abandon the scene.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Shares