Kidnap victim upset over sex rumors

Kidnap victim upset over sex rumors

The female Vieux Fort kidnap victim has threatened to sue over rumors that she had sex with the deceased, Francis Cyrillien, 52, who was hacked to death by armed bandits.

The incident occurred in the Bois Chadon area of Vieux Fort on Saturday.

“I want to tell all Saint Lucians, especially the people of Vieux Fort who have my name spreading and saying is sex I went to have by the beach with the man, I want to stop them, because anyone I hear saying that I will bring them to court,” the kidnap victim declared in an interview with the Times.

The woman recalled that Cyrillien, with whom she had a non-sexual relationship, came to meet her at her home in Vieux Fort at about 4:30 PM on Saturday afternoon.

She said he invited her to go for a ride with him which she initially declined since she had a prior engagement.

However the woman said she relented and went with Cyrillien in his vehicle which he parked in the Bois Chadon area.

The kidnap victim disclosed that the front of the two door pickup was facing the beach, so that it was difficult to see anyone behind them.

“We had not been there ten minutes when two guys entered the vehicle; one put a cutlass by the Mister neck and the other had a knife by my neck,” the woman disclosed.

She said the masked bandit with the cutlass told Cyrillien to drive and she asked him to comply with the instruction.

According to the woman, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the bandits forced Cyrillien to drive into a gap where she was pulled from the vehicle and pushed into the grass.

She recalled that the smaller of the two men demanded all the jewelry that she had after ripping a chain off her neck.

“I have him the bangle, whatever I had,” she said, adding that during that time Cyrillien was in the vehicle wrestling with the bigger of the two criminals.

The Vieux Fort resident explained that she was not aware that the bandit had chopped her friend while she was in the grass.

“The small one told me to move my clothes and go to the back of the vehicle then he called the big one and told him to stay with me and the small one would stay with the man,” she stated.

The woman said she was hearing a noise from the vehicle but was unaware of what was going on.

She said they pulled Cyrillien out of the vehicle, by which time she had already been tied to a tree.

She disclosed that as a result of being tied, she sustained several bruises and her hands and feet were swollen.kidnap-victim-3

“While we were there I hear the Mister shouting for help, and I was shouting for help but I not hearing anybody coming to my assistance. I got fed up and give up because I was so tired,” the woman explained.

She recalled that at one point Cyrillien told her that she had wanted to stay home but he had persuaded her to come with him.

The woman said Cyrillien told her if anything happened to her it would be his fault.

“He told me that and a lil while after I hear him say ‘God forgive me for all my sins’,” she said.

The woman added:

I don’t know how it happen, what miracle was there, my hand get slack and the rope untie my hand.”

She said at that point, she went to help her friend, put her head to his chest but failed to discern any breathing.

The Vieux Fort resident said she started running out of the bush to reach the road to get help, all the time glancing behind her because she was not sure whether the assailants were still around.

The kidnap victim said she remembered seeing a man in a jeep whom she asked for help, telling him that someone in the bushes needed assistance.

The woman said she showed him her swollen hands and the rest of her injuries, but the man refused to assist.

She also recalled a red bus with passengers passing by and the passengers laughing at her.

“I told the man I leave him in God’s hands. What he did me there he will pay for it. I told him that and I continued running, praying to God for somebody to help me. I asked God to send a Good Samaritan for me, but all how I flagged down vehicles nobody stopped,” the woman lamented.

She said:

“When I reach lower down where they had the old Maison Salaison, I saw a man and a woman coming from by the airport side. I flagged them down. The woman asked what happened to me and I showed her my hands and feet. I was naked on the road looking for help for the Mister. The lady tell me okay, she will bring me to the station. She make her husband give me his shirt to put on and they brought me in the station.”

The kidnap victim observed that when they reached the police station, officers were leaving to investigate reports that a crazy woman in the nude was on the road asking for help.

“That’s how it happened,” the woman said, adding that she could not remember the man and the woman who came to her aid, but would really like to meet them again to express her gratitude to them.

1. unknown
    March 14, 2016 at 8:19 pm Reply

I’m not buying her story.

1. Confused
      March 15, 2016 at 9:35 am Reply

Me too. hmmm….. that story is missin so many parts. total opposite of how i would react after experiencing such a heinous crime. funny how she was unaware that he was chopped, not hearing him being chopped or screaming for his life cause that’s what any normal person would do while the act was taking place.but she heard him saying; if any thing happened to her its his fault, and how he asked god to forgive him for his sins. she never mentioned that he was chopped did she not notice that when she went to rest her head on his chest???? i could give a book of reasons why her story don’t make sense but for now ill leave it to our Justice System.

1. Just me
        March 20, 2016 at 8:38 pm Reply

What justice system?

Additionally, I noticed that same thing in the story. “if anything happen to you is my fault” etc.

But oh well. And I want to know how to sue for rumors as well. I’ll be so rich.

2. do onto others
      March 15, 2016 at 8:15 pm Reply

you fools how u shame me i am disgusted if u are a fellow lucian…some one died the story is not urs to judge…judge or jurors…uall are bitter and insensitive….good forbid the day i be judged by “my” people…close minds..i could vomit..

2. Not buying it
    March 14, 2016 at 8:55 pm Reply didn’t have sex with him but why would you go to a secluded beach with a grown talk? Definitely not buying any of this…sounds to me that this was planned

March 15, 2016 at 2:31 pm Reply

whether she went to have sex with him or not is nobody’s business.what matters is a crime was committed and the murderers need to be foun

3. annonymous
    March 15, 2016 at 12:26 am Reply

You not buying it? Obviously you can’t buy it cause you’ re sitting on your head .

March 15, 2016 at 12:58 pm Reply

Even a child could come up with a better story. LMAO at this ridiculous account given by this woman. Funny how he was a friend, but through out the interview with the media he’s referred to as “the mister”.

2. unknown
      March 15, 2016 at 10:54 pm Reply

Only one sitting on their heads is you. learn how to spell.

4. shame
    March 15, 2016 at 7:35 am Reply

I’m still confused.

5. shame
    March 15, 2016 at 7:39 am Reply

you are from vieux-fort I hope I read and understood properly. you know the danger of that beach area. y didn’t you tell the man lets go to sandy beach instead, u said u and the gentleman are just friends, then nothing is wrong if two friends parked next to sandy beach and talk. I am not saying u have an affair with the man. but going in there would bring a lot of things to ppl mind, even his wife would think is an affair ul had.

6. shame
    March 15, 2016 at 7:47 am Reply

on the other hand y didn’t u just stay home to speak with your friend.

7. Disturbed Citizen
    March 15, 2016 at 8:14 am Reply

Everybody is on here judging and that’s not even the matter at hand. How smallminded. And to not even pay attention to the rest of the details. She said they had not been there 10 mins when the guys attacked them, so whether they had something intimate or not is irrelevant in this instance because nothing happened between them. What’s more serious is that people will see you naked on a street asking for help and will only pay attention to your nakedness and shame you. Disgusting behaviour. MATTHEW 7:1

March 15, 2016 at 1:03 pm Reply

With the current crime situation would you stop to give a stranger a ride? There are many scenarios that play in one’s head before stopping for someone, especially in these circumstances. Though I understand and respect that we should be our brother’s keeper, I can’t fault anyone for not stopping. However, laughing or ridiculing someone is unacceptable.

March 15, 2016 at 8:25 am Reply

Folks, While I share your views on the matter, has anyone ever thought of the fact that she may be telling the truth also? It could have lead to something else yes! It a chace that was taken and god did not like, the devil attacked. I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt, I am sure some of you folks have done exactly what she did before and may be more. The way men think and women can lead to taking chances. The proberly thout the servitech Van so there was monies. Remember god Knows and sees everything.

9. David
    March 15, 2016 at 8:52 am Reply

Many of you speak of this like the Thots and Harlots you or your female relatives are.

10. kent
    March 15, 2016 at 10:59 am Reply

for pete sakes does it matter WHY she was there and with WHOM ?? . is it UNLAWFUL to hang out with a friend ..? so what if they were lovers ? that fact remains they were attacked and some one died , THATS THE CRIME RIGHT THERE! kidnapped , robbed and killed all felonies !1 Lucians deal and dwell < if you must on the crime .

March 15, 2016 at 1:37 pm Reply

So sad and yet still lucians deh bashin the young lady

12. makes no sense
    March 15, 2016 at 3:29 pm Reply

this scenario makes no sense. totally incomplete.
    i am not saying she is guilty but theres alot that can be questioned about this scenario. cause if its a 2 door vehilce and they both were on board where were the attackers sitted when they asked them to drive to a more secluded area. were they walking along? theres a million things wrong with this story.

March 15, 2016 at 4:02 pm Reply

It’s sad that someone had to die, God alone knows for what reason…but everyone from Vieux Fort knows this area is dangerous, why would you go there to talk. And how convenient was it, that two armed, masked men, were in that area around 4:30 pm. This story has to many missing pieces.

1. Unknown
      March 15, 2016 at 11:06 pm Reply

Agreed she should be treated as a suspect. Not judging but her story doesnt add up.

March 15, 2016 at 6:05 pm Reply

Those hands were not tied. They were beaten but not tied. No bruising to indicate they were tied. I don’t know but could the police or reporter not asked questions to elicit a coherent story? This is so poorly reported. The first report said his hands were tied behind his back and he had been tied to a tree and choped. Why then does he have defensive wounds ie his hands almost severed. Makes no sense. I would treat this woman as a suspect for the time being.

1. Unknown
      March 15, 2016 at 11:07 pm Reply

15. curious
    March 15, 2016 at 7:34 pm Reply

16. open minded
    March 16, 2016 at 12:40 am Reply

at the end of the day none of us were there to know wat truly happened… we all no reporters ask what they want to know… have u thot of the fact that at 4:00 this happened and she managed to free herself at a much later time… maybe they knocked her out… she is a very petit individual … short and tiny… and how many of u can say u havent gone some where private with a friend be it just to talk or have sex… u guys are acting like u are gods… maybe there were people following the man all the time… and how did the vehicle arrive in his area of residence?… dats all wat ur lucians worth judging and putting ur useless 2 sense where it is not needed…and wat are u a forensic analyst? a detective/. do u work in a crime lab? for u to no that her wounds dont look like she was tied up.. the woman was tied for how many hours and was struggling to get free, how cud that not leave a mark?…so wat if he told her he blames himself?… mayb he did for persuading her to go with him… he asked for forgiveness and he shall be forgiven by the grace of god..but he who is withot sin cast the first stone. no sin is greater tha the other… and vieux-fortians … stop speculating and let the worman rest… wen in shock u can leave out little details also…. she doesnt owe any of us an explanation…. once the police knows she knows the deceased knows and the criminals know…. and she can give the police officers a good recount of wat happened wen she fully recovers from the shock… then i think it will be ok… dont worry all these rumours will blow over in due time