PM unveils plans for major highway project

PM unveils plans for major highway project

A major highway project is in the pipeline for Saint Lucia, Prime Minister Doctor Kenny Anthony has disclosed.

He told a public meeting of the ruling Saint Lucia Labour Party (SLP) on Sunday night that the government has long been speaking about a highway connecting the North, going through the Babonneau area straight down into Dennery on the East Coast.

“They tell me it’s a pipe dream,” Anthony said.

However he asserted that he was getting closer to realizing the  highway project.

Anthony revealed that the Ministry of Infrastructure will finally be getting the consultancy report.

He said that some time last year he wrote to British Prime Minister, David Cameron, urging that Britain change its support for the Caribbean and give this part the world more support.

Anthony revealed:

“The Prime Minister wrote me back and he said to me that he agreed with me – that the British government would change its position and late last year they announced that they will give the Caribbean a grant of three hundred million pounds for infrastructure projects.”

The Prime Minister said that Saint Lucia’s share is forty million pounds.

“That is the money that we are earmarking to construct that road from Gros Islet in the North to Dennery,” Anthony declared.

He said of the highway project:

“That’s my vision and before I lay down, before I put my head to rest I want to be sure that everything is in place for that highway for the people of this country.”

March 22, 2016 at 8:59 am Reply

I hope what Kenny is saying about the highway project is the truth because we the highway is out dated this would be a wonderful for st Lucia but we know when it election season they will say anything to stay in power.

1. G. Damaze Frederick
      March 29, 2016 at 10:10 pm Reply

What are the chances of this project going ahead.

2. Justice
    March 22, 2016 at 9:33 am Reply

Snonymous you remember 100 million dollars on jobs. Well another elections has somecome around

3. Yoshi
    March 22, 2016 at 10:45 am Reply

Is this a coincidence ? In don’t think so. Just as election is getting close he is announcing all kinds of projects people have been practically begging for. Like the dennery school where problems have been reported for years now. All of a sudden maybe just months away from elections they are announcing so as to gain political mileage what a buch of bull. Now a highway from the north stretching all the way to dennery, I wonder who is going to buy that crap.

4. G. Damaze Frederick
    March 24, 2016 at 3:04 pm Reply

THIS IS AN OPEN LETTER TO THE PRIME MINISTER

My name is GODFREY DAMAZE FREDERICK was born in Anse La Raye so l am a Lucian ĺike you, however I have been living abroad from the age of two. I am a professional project manager and Builder of infrastructure projects all over the world. I am writing regarding your proposed highway project.
    Mr Prime Minister
    PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THE NAY SAYERS AND DOUBTERS ,WHO ARE REFERRING TOO YOUR PROJECT AS A PIPE DREAM
    These people are living in the dark age.and Kross nothing about what they are saying. You send then for tour through the Canadian Rockies and other mountainous regions of the world to let them learn what is possibl
    MR PRIME MINISTER THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS YOU CAN DO FOR ST.LUCIA BECAUSE IT WILL OPEN UP NEW AREAS OF OUR LOVELY ISLAND

Godfrey Damaze Frederick,GSC
    Project Manager
    Vancouver,Canada
    Damazemail@gmail.com

5. G. Damaze Frederick
    March 26, 2016 at 10:38 pm Reply

You have not posted my letter