Woman raped in front of child

Woman raped in front of child

Saint Lucia Police are investigating reports of the rape of a young woman at Piat this morning.

The incident is reported to have occurred at about 10:30 AM.

According to reliable information reaching the Times, the victim is in her twenties.

The incident is reported to have occurred in the presence of the young woman’s one year old child.

The Piat incident is the latest in a series of sexual assaults that have been recorded in Saint Lucia, sparking outrage.

Just recently Prime Minister Doctor Kenny Anthony asserted that serial rapists were on the loose.

March 24, 2016 at 6:55 pm Reply

What is happening in St Lucia with all does rape themail government need to do something .

1. KENT
      March 24, 2016 at 7:39 pm Reply

what is it you’d like government to do ?
      the most they can do is ensure the police force has all the necessary equipment , tools and is well manned ,, that would not stop crime.
      are you aware there are lots of persons with information about on going cases who are refusing to go to the police..you would not want another ORC would you? no offenses I am just asking..i have been victim of crime so trust me I feel the need to get vigilante pun them thugs ..but

March 25, 2016 at 3:19 am Reply

effective prosecution is deterrant. sexual deviants are likely to continue their crimes throughout life victimizing several. sex crime registry. lockup or rehab convicts. government role is to deal with it after it happens SO SAME PERSON WILL NOT DO IT AGAIN..

March 25, 2016 at 6:15 pm Reply

castrate them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please

3. Public servant
        March 26, 2016 at 5:54 pm Reply

Must be a sick red hack. Government can do a lot and the bucks stop with them. For example, tell them stop appointing square pegs in round holes in the police force and open the lab to he detect those crimes.

March 24, 2016 at 11:48 pm Reply

Well do something about it.

March 24, 2016 at 11:57 pm Reply

If women could carry pepper spray or a tazer, there would he far less attacks

1. SMH
      March 25, 2016 at 2:18 am Reply

If men kept their pants up, there would be NO rape!

4. AngrLucian
    March 25, 2016 at 12:45 pm Reply

Women walk with knives, give your kids weapons to walk with to protect themselves, send out a message to the rapists/criminals and the government. The Government is not doing enough, with regards to the police force. Why are criminals protected? I will continue to walk with pepper spray and a knife and maybe I will get an illegal gun. I am so angry now. Yet we wonder why so many St Lucians are seeking refugee, can you blame them? St Lucia sucks!!! The Government suck! a few years ago when the cops took care of the criminals the harsh way, the crime was less. When cops are doing their job to curb the crime, St Lucians are complaining, St Lucians don’t know what they want, a bunch of cowards and two face people. I will not hesitate to use my knife, I may die but he will go down too. We depend on tourism and soon, the tourists will stop coming here, Cuba will become the new tourist destination. Who will suffer? All of us! smh

5. keep calm
    March 25, 2016 at 2:06 pm Reply

that’s why I support the zandoli project, put all rapist and child molesters face and name in public, because a rape is worst than a chop wound or a non fatal gunshot, the post traumatic effect could be detrimental .

6. CantBreathe
    March 25, 2016 at 3:02 pm Reply

I am so angry that I cannot breathe!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to harm a criminal today, teach him a lesson…like go under cover and seek those MF! and secretly torture them myself! Yes, like in the damn movies..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. STOP protecting the criminals! Human rights in St Lucia s crazy!

7. playstore
    March 25, 2016 at 7:14 pm Reply

Hey this thing is scary, there was a kidnapping and rape in VieuxFort on Wednesday night 24.03.16. i aint see it on times neither on Stlucia news online.Times do some investigations. Persons need to be careful.

8. playstore
    March 25, 2016 at 7:16 pm Reply

NB:WEDNESDAY 23RD

March 25, 2016 at 8:22 pm Reply

Wham to them rapist fellas…police need to wake up and do their jobs.put cameras on thr poles.all them.lil blocks..that keep forming break dat up..is fellas that monitoring your moments each day amd doing them shate.rape by itself already makes me sick..but infront a child whaa that extreme

10. The Commentator
    March 28, 2016 at 8:07 am Reply

A few lashes with a lolobeth on the lolo of the rapist should send a strong signal to would be rapists

11. Dutty links
    March 31, 2016 at 2:58 pm Reply

Ive read the comments and I’m pissed off too at what’s happening. All the solutions that were mentioned make sense but we first have to catch the criminal before we can castrate him. Now to install cameras costs money, lots of money. We need to educate the public and maybe even offer a reward for information to make an arrest.
    Them men just spoiling my little island. smh