Opposition calls for spiritual awakening

The opposition United Workers Party (UWP), has called for a spiritual awakening in Saint Lucia as a national day of prayer organized by the party got underway this afternoon at the Vigie Sports complex.

UWP Communications Officer, Nancy Charles, told the Times the party has invited all Saint Lucians to assemble to petition God’s intervention to redress a number of problems facing the society.

Charles said they included a recent spate of suicides, a troubled economy, young people who are desperate because of high unemployment and violent crime.

According to her, there had been a ”phenomenal” response from religious leaders, artistes and members of the public to the event.

The UWP official asserted that the response was an indication that Saint Lucians are longing for an opportunity to pray as a nation.

king-prayeruwp-prayer-3

She said it was the hope of the organizers that Saint Lucians will awake spiritually, love each other, look out for and have more concern for each other.

allen-chastanetuwp-prayer-2

“We are hoping that the spirit of God will dwell in the minds and hearts of all Saint Lucians and avert a lot of the problems and difficulties we are having in this country,” Charles stated.

The national day of prayer was held under the theme – Break Every Chain.

1. http://www.bostonianinnandrvpark.com/
    July 8, 2016 at 10:07 am

my color is cerulean – peace and serenity while inspiring us to be strong and take decisive action (I think i’mthe worst decision maker ever) great month to enhance physical appearance and beautify surroundings. cerulean promotes balance and a sense of well-being.perhaps that is a little me and i try to balance my life… i don’t know!! maybe it is me….-= julia´s last blog .. =-.

2. http://www.reevesquadruplets.com/
    July 8, 2016 at 10:19 am

hahah…very well written, just the other day a friend of mine was telling me how her toddler had decided to become pest controller of the house and is on a lizard / ants chasing spree…RC: Thanks so much Priya. Now, good that you forewarned me about pests, hopefully I can be better prepared for that.

3. auto insurance
    July 19, 2016 at 5:55 am

Jerald, you are a brother indeed to me. Thank you for emphasizing some of the most important and overlooked words in the Sermon discourse: “Not everyone who says ‘Lord, Lord…but he who does the will of My Father…” (Matt 7:21)Janine, welcome to the comments section! You were brave to wade into these waters but the water’s fine for all of us! Like Jerald, I hope more put on their floaties in time…Alan, I am glad you still consider me a friend and haven’t written me off!

4. europa versicherung erfahrung
    November 5, 2016 at 3:12 am

Great post, makes me realise that I need to stop treating my skincare routine (especially the cleansing and exfoliating part) as a ..work in progress and only stick to the products that give me the best results!!Btw, we use the same eye makeup remover, I really love this one since it's extremely affordable and effective (and I go through those bottles like noone's business)!xx

5. http://www./
    November 16, 2016 at 12:50 am

Thanks for taking the time to talk about this, I feel fervently about this and I take pleasure in learning about this topic. Please, as you gain information, please update this blog with more information. I have found it very useful.

6. Calvin
    January 4, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Spritual guidance is all around us, also as is written in Buddhism, Islam, Latter Day Saints, etc etc etc, take your pick.

It is all to easy to reach out to one religion or another for the answer to all our problems, a spiritual panacea.

Does one really think that UWP would be staging this publicity stunt if UWP were comfy in power and had won the last election.

Their signature smell of desperation seems to permeate the air.

Personally speaking, no religion is going to save us. It is up to us to save our selves based on basic human values. It’s not rocket science.

7. versicherung für autos mit h kennzeichen
    February 2, 2017 at 12:58 pm

alhamdulillah, selamat menempati rumah yang baru yang sobat..dan semoga GA-nya juga sukses banyak peserta,insya ALLAH saya juga berniat untuk ikutan GA-nya …salam ———Alhamdulillah…, makasih banyak ya, Pak Hariyanto. Saya tunggu ikut GA-nya ya…. Salam

8. kredit haus renovieren
    February 8, 2017 at 11:45 am

Blogs make quite an interesting source for research into popular expectations on crises and recovery. (I’m writing from 3 Oct 2008 – post Lehman/AIG/Merrill/Bear Stearns)

9. emoji blitz coins hack
    February 14, 2017 at 11:47 am

Great common sense here. Wish I’d thought of that.