Opposition calls for spiritual awakening

Opposition calls for spiritual awakening

The opposition United Workers Party (UWP), has called for a spiritual awakening in Saint Lucia as a national day of prayer organized by the party got underway this afternoon at the Vigie Sports complex.

UWP Communications Officer, Nancy Charles, told the Times the party has invited all Saint Lucians to assemble to petition God’s intervention to redress a number of problems facing the society.

Charles said they included a recent spate of suicides, a troubled economy, young people who are desperate because of high unemployment and violent crime.

According to her, there had been a ”phenomenal” response from religious leaders, artistes and members of the public to the event.

The UWP official asserted that the response was an indication that Saint Lucians are longing for an opportunity to pray as a nation.

king-prayeruwp-prayer-3

She said it was the hope of the organizers that Saint Lucians will awake spiritually, love each other, look out for and have more concern for each other.

allen-chastanetuwp-prayer-2

“We are hoping that the spirit of God will dwell in the minds and hearts of all Saint Lucians and avert a lot of the problems and difficulties we are having in this country,” Charles stated.

The national day of prayer was held under the theme – Break Every Chain.

1. playstore
    April 17, 2016 at 9:06 pm Reply

Good job. Vote UWP

2. Oxo
    April 17, 2016 at 11:53 pm Reply

Prayers are very important. If however it was a national event, why wasn’t the other polical parties invited to participate.

1. cheap insurance
      June 4, 2016 at 11:46 am Reply

WOW! This is so brilliant I don’t even know what to say except, “Brilliant!” asked me if I’d seen your recaps and if I hadn’t, I must. She was absolutely right. I can’t begin to imagine how long it took you to do this with the hidden links and all. Amazing…the best thing I’ve read about True Blood…ever! I’m off now to read the previous ones….before tonight’s new episode airs.

2. http://www.bostonianinnandrvpark.com/
      July 8, 2016 at 10:07 am Reply

my color is cerulean – peace and serenity while inspiring us to be strong and take decisive action (I think i’mthe worst decision maker ever) great month to enhance physical appearance and beautify surroundings. cerulean promotes balance and a sense of well-being.perhaps that is a little me and i try to balance my life… i don’t know!! maybe it is me….-= julia´s last blog .. =-.

3. europa versicherung erfahrung
      November 5, 2016 at 3:12 am Reply

Great post, makes me realise that I need to stop treating my skincare routine (especially the cleansing and exfoliating part) as a ..work in progress and only stick to the products that give me the best results!!Btw, we use the same eye makeup remover, I really love this one since it's extremely affordable and effective (and I go through those bottles like noone's business)!xx

4. http://www./
      November 16, 2016 at 12:50 am Reply

Thanks for taking the time to talk about this, I feel fervently about this and I take pleasure in learning about this topic. Please, as you gain information, please update this blog with more information. I have found it very useful.

3. Margaret Lubrin Aoki
    April 18, 2016 at 4:47 am Reply

So help us God; may repentance follow suit. In keeping with the Party’s fundamental values, I sincerely hope this initiative becomes a permanent feature on your Calendar; regardless if you are in government or not. Please make it an annual event.

4. The Crow
    April 18, 2016 at 9:36 am Reply

Is this just a political ploy or and event to bring change to the heart of men and women as to their relationship to God? If it is the latter, then, I hope the political discourse changes and all of those politicians and the cohorts be the first to develop and treasure this relationship.

1. Fannie
      May 6, 2016 at 7:01 pm Reply

I was seoiursly at DefCon 5 until I saw this post.

2. http://artbybryna.com/insuran.html
      June 15, 2016 at 8:26 pm Reply

Her “nerdiness” is so ridiculous. The line of reasoning “well, it can’t hurt!” is so illogical. The efficacy of placenta ingestion to prevent postpartum depression is absolutely testable, but good research doesn’t exist because it’s such a stupid idea. Who needs data when you have confirmation bias? It’s interesting that she attributes her good mood after giving birth to placenta pills and not to her son!

3. http://www.reevesquadruplets.com/
      July 8, 2016 at 10:19 am Reply

hahah…very well written, just the other day a friend of mine was telling me how her toddler had decided to become pest controller of the house and is on a lizard / ants chasing spree…RC: Thanks so much Priya. Now, good that you forewarned me about pests, hopefully I can be better prepared for that.

4. auto insurance
      July 19, 2016 at 5:55 am Reply

Jerald, you are a brother indeed to me. Thank you for emphasizing some of the most important and overlooked words in the Sermon discourse: “Not everyone who says ‘Lord, Lord…but he who does the will of My Father…” (Matt 7:21)Janine, welcome to the comments section! You were brave to wade into these waters but the water’s fine for all of us! Like Jerald, I hope more put on their floaties in time…Alan, I am glad you still consider me a friend and haven’t written me off!