Saint Lucia on list of ten dangerous Caribbean nations

Saint Lucia on list of ten dangerous Caribbean nations

An article published on the “News America” website earlier this week, ranks Belize as the most likely Caribbean country that a tourist would be killed while visiting, on its list of the 10 “dangerous Caribbean Nations”.

The article, entitled “Ten Caribbean Nations More Dangerous Than The U.S.”, states that according to data from the United Nations, a person is 11.9 times more likely to be murdered in Belize than in the United States (US).

It supports that sentence by going on to mention that 45 in every 100,000 people are murdered annually in Belize, compared to about 4 in the U.S.

Second on the list is Jamaica with an 11.3 higher chance of being murdered there than in the US. The other eights nations are: St. Kitts/Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, the Dominican Republic, St. Lucia and Guyana, in that order.

1. ok
    April 25, 2016 at 6:13 pm Reply

Good going Salops!
    No surprise there. I knew you Pos would eventual get on this list.

I hate this country!

2. Daughter of the King
    April 25, 2016 at 9:53 pm Reply

Stop hating your country. It is your gift from God. Bless Saint Lucia don’t hate it or curse it. Turn your curse on your country to a Blessing and then the change would come. There is power in your words. Both positive & negative. Stay on the positive side. Repent from what you said.

3. playstore
    April 25, 2016 at 10:11 pm Reply

kenny killing de country. Kenny u must go!

4. Tetragrammaton78
    April 25, 2016 at 10:25 pm Reply

Let’s just say this: These statistics could have been pulled out of the devil’s arse for all we know. They may be presented solely for the achieving of certain objectives, whether factual our not. I think we should at least consider looking at the bigger picture here.

1. Skyblue
      April 26, 2016 at 3:20 am Reply

Would you go to St. Lucia this summer? I started vacationing there in 2005, but the last time was in Nov. 2014. We have always felt safe there.

5. Not cominbak
    April 26, 2016 at 7:24 am Reply

From my last visit in 2015 ,I can certainly say that this island has evolved tremendously in a criminal manner that is.I was born and raised in St.lucia. been gone for over 15 yrs and I would never want to live there permanently again. .as a matter of fact I have shortened my vacation on the island. .politicians aren’t the ones to blame,people need to start accepting their responsibilities.,on the other hand st.lucia is beautiful ,most people are nice,minus the begging ..the sun is super hot ! The drivers are crazy,the cops are idiots ,so Yes I agree St.lucia is now a dangerous place for visitors. .Bravo !! To the idiots who’ve finally manage to put Lucia on the international headlines! ! Salop!