Timothy Mangal denies making deal with UWP

Timothy Mangal denies making deal with UWP

Timothy Mangal,  a former Saint Lucia Labour Party (SLP) candidate, has denied making a deal with the opposition United Workers Party (UWP), to be Housing Minister in a UWP administration.

“I have made no deal with the UWP,” Mangal asserted at a news conference today where he appeared with the man to whom he lost in the 2011 elections, Guy Joseph.

Mangal said he was responding to assertions being made by the ruling SLP.

The businessman who made his first appearance on a UWP political platform recently blasting his former party, revealed that the opposition did not ask him to appear.

“I did so voluntarily in the interest on my country,” the former SLP supporter declared, adding that he believes that Saint Lucia needs to be rescued from the labour party.

Mangal asserted that he is a successful businessman, looking for no job from anyone.

He responded to what he said were statements made by Minister of Infrastructure, Port Services and Transport, Philip J. Pierre.

Mangal said Pierre had accused him of sour grapes syndrome and asking for contracts from the Ministry.

He stated:

“I am here to indicate that Mr. Pierre said a boldfaced lie. When I was requested by the technical staff of his ministry to tender for the Canaries project I did so. But I know what happens in the tendering process – there is a chance of you winning or losing; so when I heard nothing after the tender I simply left it at that.”

Mangal told today’s news conference that he has never been to Pierre’s office requesting any contract.

He explained that when he did not receive the contract, he never went to the Minister’s office making any comments or asking why.

The former SLP candidate recalled that from 2006 to 2011, his company received many contracts from the then UWP administration.

“If I was greedy as Mr. Pierre is trying to allude, I would have supported the UWP in 2011. Instead I was a candidate for the SLP and for me Timothy Mangal, it has always been about the interest of my country,” he stated.

1. Vibes
    June 2, 2016 at 3:33 pm Reply

SLP Propoganda machine is the best at discrediting any and everyone who dares to share a contradictory opinion. From pollsters, to ex candidates, even party supporters have felt the fury of the SLP machinery..

2. o_o
    June 2, 2016 at 4:08 pm Reply

We do not want Mangal.
    Go and be with your Tap-Dancing monkeys, slaving to Chastenat

3. Need a change
    June 2, 2016 at 4:27 pm Reply

So wht? All of yall dirty…why pretend is some. Both side do the dirty lil undercover dance. All of them in bed with the devil n we are the ones paying for it!

4. m
    June 2, 2016 at 5:58 pm Reply

Pip and Siloss calling Mangal dirty!!!!!!!Wooooooooy mee blag. These guys second only to Rayneau in undercover jobs.

5. Justice
    June 2, 2016 at 6:24 pm Reply

What was the deal between Lorne and SLP.

6. RedRum
    June 2, 2016 at 7:11 pm Reply

The man makes a very good point. A very clear example of the uwp treating the SLP supporter favorably during their reign. When the SLP is in power it is all for their boys.

I am personally sick of Kenny. I want him gone.

7. 5 to stay alive
    June 2, 2016 at 8:35 pm Reply

Dats right. Kenny must go

8. God is good
    June 2, 2016 at 9:12 pm Reply

Adventist they are the ones fighting for money and power forgetting about the word of god preaching god is at hand today but tomorrow fighting for power what a shame for us

June 3, 2016 at 12:09 am Reply

Adventist is where its at!! You can enjoy the earthly pleasures all week long and still have a place in heaven as long as you KEEP THE SABBATH, but I don’t have big money for tithes and cannot run fashion show every Saturday to impress god so my best option is to try to stay clean all the time because I don’t have that luxury.

By the way if an adventist dies in their sins before the sabbath do they still go to heaven to enjoy those streets of gold? Does god cancel it out by considering the last sabbath or do they get to go to hell with people like me?

9. Someone
    June 3, 2016 at 8:10 am Reply

@God is good and Anonymous – we should at all times not lump the whole with just one part of the fraction. There are many humble Adventist who try their best 7 days a week to live good, lives that are pleasing to God. Not every Adventist is on a power trip, or is overly fashionable. In every organization you have some who push the boundaries…they do not define the organization…

10. AB
    June 3, 2016 at 11:41 am Reply

Timothy Mangal should be chase out from the constituency where he have his successful business. He is successful because of his customers from the Castries Southeast, no wonder he did not wanted to recount the votes at the last election. All along he was a UWP supporter and was ashamed to cross the floor so he gave the seat to the poodle behind closed doors. He sold our votes. Chase him out, let him take his business on his head and runnnnn.. Traitor……. UWP candidates want to put money back in their pockets not ours…stupid advertisement.