Former Prime Minister Congratulates UWP

Former Prime Minister Congratulates UWP

The following is a statement issued by Hon. Dr. Kenny D. Anthony on the June 6, 2016 General Elections:

“On behalf of the Saint Lucia Labour Party and also on my personal behalf, I congratulate Mr. Allen Chastanet, Leader of the United Workers Party on his victory at the polls today, June 6, 2016.

On all accounts, this was a convincing victory. It is clear there was a major national swing against the Saint Lucia Labour Party.

I wish the people of Saint Lucia the very best as we embark on this new journey.

As to my future, I do not intend to serve as the Leader of the Opposition and indeed, Political Leader of the Saint Lucia Labour Party. I will, however, continue to serve my constituents of Vieux-Fort South and support my other Parliamentary colleagues in their various constituencies as they seek to protect the interests of their constituents.

I am deeply grateful for the honour of serving the people of Saint Lucia as Prime Minister for nearly three terms.

My special thanks to the people of Vieux-Fort South for electing me as their Parliamentary Representative for the fifth time.”

June 6, 2016 at 11:00 pm Reply

Score Loser

2. first time voter
    June 6, 2016 at 11:05 pm Reply

It was time !!raeeeeeeeeeè we large we bad !- south east to the world #uwp

June 6, 2016 at 11:07 pm Reply

Excellent move, very mature and timely. You served St. Lucia well your imprints are there for even the blind to see. You should have learnt from the Jamaica and Trinidad experience.

4. Mirror Mirror
    June 6, 2016 at 11:16 pm Reply

Wow that’s not congratulations that is “I glad the people of VF did not dump me, but I know the fellas don’t want me for PM or OP so I going to step down and do what I can for the fellas and VF. Wow the people of SLU really shock me.

5. Observer
    June 6, 2016 at 11:41 pm Reply

Kenny/Tony Davis Anthony, we tought you a lesson once and for all.

You really tought we were joking, take this with you wherever you go.

You are lucky, the people of V/Fort saved you.

Bye, bye, bye Kenny, bye, bye Tony.

6. Rajiv
    June 7, 2016 at 12:27 am Reply

Newsman, until the Prime Minister Designate is sworn in Kenny is Prime Minister and is better referred to as outgoing Prime Minister. He’s not former, yet.

June 7, 2016 at 12:28 am Reply

Thanks Dr. ANTHONY for the gracious concession. Now let’s wish the UWP god speed in the path ahead and pray that they perform as promise. Let us keep them honest and true but work together for a better St. LUCIA. Wow the sky has opened, the rain is pouring, the celebrations cut short because there is work to do to get us back to growth and prosperity and hear the monies in our pocket go “ching, ching, ching.”

8. what's going on
    June 7, 2016 at 12:29 am Reply

June 7, 2016 at 4:33 am Reply

All the same.
    Give it a year and a half and you will see.

10. I TITUS EMMANUEL.
    June 7, 2016 at 8:18 am Reply

God is good he is great and mighty.

11. Ellie
    June 7, 2016 at 9:56 am Reply

Rayyyyy that is it uwp God exhalts the humble stay humble and the lord will be your weapons proud to be black

June 7, 2016 at 10:44 am Reply

i wish the UWP good lock in putting st.lucia back on together again

am very happy for st.lucia home sweet home.

steve !

June 7, 2016 at 10:50 am Reply

Congratulates UWP well done

michael !

14. alex
    June 7, 2016 at 5:38 pm Reply

lets put aside party difference and work to build a better lucia for us all. our children deserve it

15. Harold Edwardsa
    June 8, 2016 at 3:26 am Reply

Leo Clarke, Francis , La Corb, Kenny , Pip be it on your head that the SLP is out of government.

16. Harold Edwardsa
    June 8, 2016 at 3:32 am Reply

Pip Minister of Bridges, you failed to build the most important bridge the one between the government and the people.

June 8, 2016 at 11:32 pm Reply

98 days to go UWP…..98 DAYS…just saying..waiting

18. Slp supporter
    June 13, 2016 at 7:35 pm Reply

Dr Anthony did a great job although I believe the VAT was a bit too high. I pray tht Allen Chastanet Will keep his promises and make St Lucia a better place to live and invest