Chastanet: I hate mediocrity

Chastanet: I hate mediocrity

Saint Lucia’s new Prime Minister, Allen Chastanet, has told reporters that he got into politics because he hates mediocrity.

In addition to declaring that he hates mediocrity, Chastanet said he felt that things could have been done in a different way.

“ I am not  happy with the quality and standard of life in Saint Lucia and I think with the right policies we can be much more successful than we are,” the new Prime Minister said shortly after being sworn in yesterday at Government House.

He disclosed that he has always been a critic.

According to Chastanet, he could not stand on the sidelines and criticize when given an opportunity to do otherwise.

He recalled that when former Saint Lucia Prime Minister, Sir John Compton, asked him in 2006 to get involved in active politics, he enjoyed his stint as Minister of Tourism.

“I saw what we could do and I recognized that it really is by policy that we can make a most significant change, so that’s why I stayed in and I am very encouraged,” Chastanet said.

Reflecting on the criticism he has endured as a politician, he asserted that when one knows himself and what he is standing for it makes things easier.

He explained that his United Workers Party (UWP) started with a grassroots approach.

Chastanet stated:

“The first mission was to restructure the UWP with a new vision, mission and values. We had some core elements and when you look at our campaign today that is what makes up our campaign, so we want to see change.”

He expressed the opinion that Saint Lucia can do better.

However the UWP leader said that the country needs major structural change, overhaul and modernization similar to what was undertaken in the party that he currently leads.

1. Yo pere
    June 8, 2016 at 4:38 pm Reply

Big up Chas!

June 8, 2016 at 4:44 pm Reply

I am hearing from My family in SLU 14 Ministers….. Can anyone confirm…….. By the way who is taking the position of Deputy Speaker….. Is it Bradley or Staniluas?????

June 8, 2016 at 4:50 pm Reply

Allen you should not talk about mediocrity…… You were given a speech to read at a public meeting in Grand Rievere (GI) and boy you made like about 55 errors reading a simple note with ABC words…..

Man go wash !!!!!!

June 8, 2016 at 9:44 pm Reply

????????????

June 8, 2016 at 4:51 pm Reply

You paid $200,000.00 USD for a tent ….. What do you call that…..

June 8, 2016 at 5:03 pm Reply

It’s only talk he knows best trust me when it comes for action it’s always something else so let’s just wait and see what will happen I myself want to know who will be deputy speaker it will be very interesting

June 8, 2016 at 5:10 pm Reply

Boy all want big dollars….. The deal is cook….. Time to share the pie!!!!

June 8, 2016 at 6:44 pm Reply

Allen ou say un mantair only now you’re saying before u decrease vat u must go to the relevant authorities such as the IMF CDB and other financial institutions to seek advice you change your words already

1. It's good
      June 8, 2016 at 7:47 pm Reply

But Allen sold the people a Lie. And they drank it like grape juice. Lol.
      It’s Circus now for sure. And I am So enjoying it.
      The Americans are already on their case. Lol.
      You will for sure hear all variations of lies 🙂
      Because this is what he is good at 🙂

7. Lol
    June 8, 2016 at 7:02 pm Reply

Hahahaha..coming from a guy who destroyed an Airline Butch Stewart (or whatever his name is) was getting off the ground. Coming from a guy who was given a Tourism ministerial position and did nothing.

Boy , who you think you fooling? Rotflmao.

Remember Impacs? The US is on your case already 🙂 And I love it 🙂

Remember Vat? HAHAHAHA…We are waiting 🙂

And of-course No visa to the US 🙂
    Salop!!!

8. It's good
    June 8, 2016 at 7:57 pm Reply

I am contemplating an early election in less than 48 months. 🙂

June 8, 2016 at 8:02 pm Reply

St.Lucian are so ignorant and foolish.not thinking of long term,all they think of is a quick dollar.he lied while in office and out of office and now he is back to run this country.yall really think it’s that easy to remove VAT.Only the president of the USA can remove or waive Visa restrictions on country.I wonder what the US thinks of this man who said this.i won’t laugh at this foolish mistake.Lucian thinks every thing will be OK but the educated few or people within enough knowledge and common sense voted and it only show how ignorant majority of the population thinks,and don’t know what is really going on.

1. notAWord
      June 8, 2016 at 8:26 pm Reply

He never said we can travel too the US visa free…any person with common sense would’ve known that’s impossible…I pity you..The level of ignorance in this country is unbelievable…He’s SLU new PM deal with it…

1. Sad-But-True
        June 8, 2016 at 8:44 pm Reply

You are even worst than the Lying Clown.
        Are you his Long-Lost Twin?

1. NotAworD
          June 8, 2016 at 9:58 pm Reply

Serious literacy problem. If y’all think they kick these guys out because chastanet promised visaless flights to the states then y’all suffer from the same dilusions that had y’all loosing ground in this past elections. Make the visas the rallying cry. De ban ped elexion et fache’!

1. David
            June 9, 2016 at 6:41 am

You are so in denial. Lol.
            It has already started 🙂
            And we all love it.

2. That's a lie
        June 8, 2016 at 8:46 pm Reply

He said it….smh.. .no need to lie
        We will all deal with him being prime minister….tanto tanto ….lol
        In my first 90 days….88 more to go!!!!???

3. St lucia
        June 8, 2016 at 9:54 pm Reply

I’m so disgusted when I read these comments. They don’t listen, and that’s exactly how they raise their kids. Pay attention when peoples talk so you won’t look like a fool when you repeat the wrong thing.

1. David
          June 9, 2016 at 6:39 am Reply

You voted a party made up of criminals. And everything the bible spoke against like Liars, voleurs, deceivers etc.

And you have been fooled dear.
          And very soon you will be singing and dancing to the SLP tunes 🙂

2. NotAworD
      June 8, 2016 at 9:46 pm Reply

The Prime Minister said that we won’t need visas to go there – as he will make the island such a paradise, that “they” will all want to come over here. If everyone listens for their own selves the message will not get lost in translation. Chastanet knows that he can’t even make the US change their flight ticket prices, much less remove visa requirements for us to travel to the US…he eh so mad as to make such a statement. If y’all sad, stay sad but eh make people feel y’all mad.

June 8, 2016 at 8:07 pm Reply

Allen i know for sure Dr.Jimmy will not work in your cabinet because you have to many long hand people around you…..

This one of the top person in st lucia….. Go figure your mediocrity !!!!!!

June 8, 2016 at 8:09 pm Reply

Saw on facebook that his father won’t allow him to do non sense.dats so dumb I don’t know how some ppl think to make this comment.so who will really be run the country him or his father.they don’t know what it is to be poor u think is poor ppl they will look at.they were paying ppl too vote . at all poll station they had ppl tackling u and try to give u money to vote

June 8, 2016 at 8:13 pm Reply

Trying to give u money to vote for the candidate.

13. No White Here!
    June 8, 2016 at 8:13 pm Reply

Yeah, right. You’re probably the best actor around, outside of Hollywood. Lmao, but still a “D” List.
    Clown!!!
    Oh, you’ve now talking differently about VAT. Clown!!!

14. No White Here!
    June 8, 2016 at 8:17 pm Reply

Dr Jimmy is already cared for by the European Union, heading Climate Change. So Jimmy is Aiite.

But a party headed by a lying inebriated white buffoon is doomed for failure.

1. 666
      June 8, 2016 at 9:14 pm Reply

The lying inebriated white buffoon, was voted out on Monday!

2. I TITUS EMMANUEL.
      June 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm Reply

Thanks to God …that his son Jesus Christ is better. Than a politicians that he will never make us fools..so .Alan don’t full my people help them get out of politics bondage.set them free.. if you keep to your words we will be happy. Just like you ..love for the people and. The country at large especially those that was there before US all that children will respect them and the country be blees.you can be perfect. Like the heavenly one. It IS written.

15. Lynn
    June 8, 2016 at 9:36 pm Reply

Say layba fache

June 8, 2016 at 9:50 pm Reply

All you SLP ( Slave Living People) you all are loosers or should I say Slow Learning People

17. St lucia
    June 8, 2016 at 9:58 pm Reply

It’s OK to be angry kenny’s slaves, I mean after all I would’ve done exactly what you’re doing now if I was getting a big pay chk and to know now it’s gone

18. St lucia
    June 8, 2016 at 10:06 pm Reply

The visa issue…that’swhat he meant…since we are one of the worst Caribbean islands, he wants to make it great again so they can remove all these sanctions on us and then maybe because of our good behavior they could allow us back in without visas. He explained himself after he said no visa

19. Avaitay
    June 8, 2016 at 10:23 pm Reply

Y’all gave Kenny a run for his money……blaming him for everything. No water- Kenny.
    No food- Kenny
    Death in the family- Kenny
    But no one can speak on ‘my precious’. I don’t understand is because he is lighter …..or it the accent?
    Because his five years in often produced nothing but scandal,corruption,misappropriation of funds, liars and it goes on ……But I suppose Kenny is to blamed for that.

June 8, 2016 at 10:30 pm Reply

All I need is no vat and I have estimated it:
    First three months – 10%
    First six months-5%
    First nine months- no vat
    So by this time next year I can freely go to super j where the goods would have been reduced anyway because Chas wants to take of us and see no vat added on my bill. Great stuff!!!!!!

June 9, 2016 at 8:05 am Reply

Let’s have that same discussion in the next 6 months

June 8, 2016 at 11:05 pm Reply

What’s the difference between, St Lucia will be so nice you won’t need a visa and you won’t need visa to go US?
    The gears are now shifting slowly I await the hypocrisy in the media, he’s now spinning to point where he has to consult before removal.

1. David
      June 9, 2016 at 6:31 am Reply

Isn’t this guy really a sad puppy? He told the people what they wanted to hear. And not the Reality which Dr. Kenny Anthony was telling the people and kept them all in their jobs in the Public Service.

But St. Lucia is our country and we are the ones who need to make the sacrifices to ensure it doesn’t sink.

But Allen was extremely desperate to get into office for fame, that he lied his way through the minds of Black People. Because he knows Black People will always view the white man’s ice is colder than theirs. So they all jumped like slaves and voted for him. And now, we are hearing he is now taking a different stance on VAT.
      LOL.

Mwen Ka wee yo, en Francaise . Lol

22. Mwen mem
    June 8, 2016 at 11:12 pm Reply

This man knew exactly what they people would “hear” when he made that no visa statement. Up to now some poor Lucians still think they can go Macy’s, sears and walmart soon without visa. Your mistruths will come to haunt you.

But I guess he Lucians will blame Kenny too for them not hearing properly..smh

1. Wahhhh
      June 9, 2016 at 6:23 am Reply

Hahahaha.
      good Vibing.

23. seasalt
    June 9, 2016 at 1:03 am Reply

If it is that PM said that things will be so good that Lucians will not have to travel to the USA to seek a better life, it is not saying that we will not need VISA to travel to the USA. However, It is my opinion that when new PM achieve this he should place a visa requirement on citizens of the USA, Canada and the UK to travel to SLU.

People we have a new PM lets wait and see what relief is in the pipeline. We either get relief or they in office get re-rich.

June 9, 2016 at 8:13 am Reply

Please, this man will not bring any relief, he has lied his way through, and these DECDEC St. Lucians who are only about self accepted and condone all his lies. The lying will continue because this is a means of survival.

June 9, 2016 at 1:09 am Reply

God remaind in control people! He reigns above ALL bless

June 9, 2016 at 1:11 am Reply

God remains in control people! He reigns above ALL bless

26. Wahhhh
    June 9, 2016 at 6:22 am Reply

Lucians Voted a “Rheusus Macaque” in office?
    Have we sank that low?
    Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

27. Rebel
    June 9, 2016 at 7:44 am Reply

To all the labor people who are trying to twist the words of the new prime minister, the biggest liar in st. Lucia’s history is Kenny Anthony, most of you don’t know him but I do. He is my relative, he comes from the same place as me, I know more about him and his family’s legacy than most of you and I know how wicked they are. You people think he is some kind of a god but you couldn’t be more wrong. He is the worst thing to have ever happened to this country, let’s give the new pm a chance, instead of trying to put curses on him from the start let’s pray for him for the sake of our country. Right this country should be our number one priority, because when it comes to liars Kenny takes the crown cause he is the only one I know that can make a lie look so Mich like the truth, he is the most cunning politician st. Lucia has ever produced.

1. David
      June 9, 2016 at 8:03 am Reply

Oh shut-up with your silly rant.
      Go back under the rock and serve Chastanet with your apron and wig.

June 9, 2016 at 8:28 am Reply

amen to that rebel

June 9, 2016 at 10:51 am Reply

Whatever Rebel…Keep your family business to yourself…..I certainly am not interested.

As for giving the new PM a chance? Anybody say they not giving him a chance???

To me we can still debate his promises whilst we “giving” him a chance? Correct??

97 days and counting….for the 5

June 9, 2016 at 10:54 am Reply

To me the new PM had already started to proclaim who his cabinet will be on platforms…What’s the holdup? What happen, no one wants to be deputy speaker of the house?

30. lala
    June 10, 2016 at 9:36 pm Reply

your’ll hacks defending kenny/tony he dun resign as leader of slp soon he will give up VFort south and bail to TNT to live out his days in luxury.
    your’ll wanted him to stay here in power and keep the gravy train rolling? we said NO!!
    lets see how many hacks he will take trini with him ….uhhhhh NONE!!
    SUCKERS!! toof