Police had secret campaign to remove SLP!

An investigation by the Times has discovered that there was a secret campaign by some members of the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force (RSLPF), to remove the labour  government from office

According to information obtained by the Times, officers, some of whom were strong supporters of the Saint Lucia Labour Party (SLP), worked hard to influence family members and other law enforcers to vote the SLP out of office.

An SLP source told the times that the Labour Party was aware of the  “secret”campaign.

“We don’t think it was the entire police force but certain key elements within it,” the source said.

The Times was told that the police campaign was so effective, that the overwhelming majority of the police vote went against the SLP.

One source referred to the campaign as “Operation Remove Kenny.”

News about the operation first surfaced in the latter part of last year, when a revelation was made by Talk Show Host, Claudius Francis.

However well-informed sources told the Times that the exercise had no sinister motives such as removing the incumbent government by force.

“We wanted to fire Kenny,” the source asserted, adding that the campaign succeeded in getting members of the Saint Lucia Fire Service and Correctional Officers to join it.

The Times has discovered that police officers engaged in the so-called Operation Remove Kenny (ORK), were disgusted with the former Prime Minister’s handling of the IMPACS matter, and felt that by his public pronouncements, Anthony had demoralized the RSLPF.

The officers were also upset with National Security Minister, Victor La Corbiniere, whom they accused of using the Public Service as a weapon against them.

They spoke of labour party sympathizers in the RSLPF being promoted rapidly.

One source accused La Corbiniere, against whom death threats were reported to have been made, of misusing the resources of the RSLPF in a requirement for police protection, at a time when manpower was limited.

The Times is in possession of evidence that a request was also made on October 23, 2015, for the police to evaluate alleged threats against two named individuals and give “immediate” attention to ensuring their security.

 

 

 

Shares