Chopping victim recounts night of terror

Chopping victim recounts night of terror

Chopping victim, Oliver Willie, is crying out for justice after being attacked near the Castries market.

Willie, 35, who was released from hospital on Sunday, told the Times he was using a telephone booth when someone attacked him from behind.

“He chopped me on my head – when I try and run, he chopped me on my leg and when I fall down my fingers get chop,” he explained.

Willie said he also sustained injury to his eye.

oliver-willie-2The Castries resident  said he could not recall anything else, but that he ended up at Victoria Hospital.

“I need justice – justice right through,” he declared.

Willie said he could think of no reason for the vicious attack.

He asserted that he had  hefty medical bills to pay as a result of the injuries he sustained.

“I have to go back to the hospital on the 28th for my eye and next month – for my head to check my brain, because my skull cracked,” Willie told the Times.

oliver-willie-3He disclosed that the police have since held the alleged perpetrator who was positively identified by an eyewitness yesterday.

“They bring him to court today for bail, that is what I heard,” the chopping victim  stated.

He said he was not sure whether what he heard was true.

Willie told the Times that he wanted his assailant to pay his medical bills, since he is not in a position to work anymore due to the injuries he sustained.

“I was supposed to get a security work the day after that happened to me  – but  right now I can’t work, I can’t do nothing for myself,” he declared.

He said he was in pain and suffering.

July 22, 2016 at 5:27 am Reply

Boy do not try to fool people u should know why this happen to u b

July 22, 2016 at 10:47 am Reply

I like that comment

2. Sad-But-True
    July 22, 2016 at 5:40 am Reply

Another case of Chastanet’s Wonderful Boys & Girls.

1. Have mercy
      July 22, 2016 at 8:22 am Reply

Fool. You are just a psychopath.

July 22, 2016 at 7:28 am Reply

U no exactly. Y dey attack. U boy

July 22, 2016 at 8:33 am Reply

So tell us

4. MAKAC kENNEY
    July 22, 2016 at 9:50 am Reply

Whether he knows or doesn’t know the reason for him being attacked is irrelevant to the fact that a crime was committed against his person. Whatever the reasons for this horrendous act, there can be no justification for the attack, since we live in what is supposed to be a civil society. As such, for civilized human beings violence can’t be our way of resolving disputes, nor should we make excuses for persons acting like barbarians and taking matters to such despicable levels of behaviour. So Fellow St. Lucians, let us not dwell on what the victim knew or didn’t know, but let us collectively condemn this sough of behavior and let us together seek ways to rid our country of the curse of such demonic attitudes that give rise to such unpleasantness. we need to start teaching our children how to resolve their inner feelings of being slighted, betrayed or hurt, and project a healthy attitude towards those they perceive to have perpetrated a wrong against them. Proper resolution to internal conflict over wrong can allow for forgiveness and dealing with the slight in a dignified, positive and altogether non violent attitude, thus creating a a tranquil environment where peace and not war and hatred is the order of the day. We all have a part to play in what our society is today and what it will be tomorrow and the day after. If our society fails, regardless of who we are or what position or status we hold, we would all have contributed in one way or another to its demise, and as a result of this collective failure we will all suffer likewise. On the other hand if is a successful society, while to each the level of success will be different we will all ripe a measure of satisfaction and enjoy the benefits of a tranquility and peaceful atmosphere. Is that too much to hope for?

5. Georgian
    July 22, 2016 at 1:14 pm Reply

We need repentance prayer 2chronicles..7:14declares If my people which are call by my name shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways;then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin’and will heal their land..

July 22, 2016 at 6:22 pm Reply

This is life in Chastanet land.

7. Christian101
    July 25, 2016 at 11:20 am Reply

Amen! @ Georgian #preach

8. Carol Schubach
    August 24, 2016 at 7:48 am Reply

The testimony from Tracy Edwards, 32, at the defendant’s sanity trial recounted the night last July 22 when he narrowly escaped after spending several harrowing hours in Dahmer’s apartment.