Francis responds to claims of interference in the RSLPF

Francis responds to claims of interference in the RSLPF

National Security Minister, Hermangild Francis, has indicated that he is unaware of concerns within the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force (RSLPF), that he is interfering in the organization.

Well placed sources have told the Times that senior officers are frustrated by the Minister’s micro-management of the RSLPF.

“He is behaving as though he is the Police Commissioner,” one source asserted.

Francis is a former Deputy Police Commissioner.

“I have not heard that I am interfering,” the National Security Minister said.

He declared that as minister with responsibility for the police, when the police fail he fails as well.

Francis declared that it is in his interest to see that the police function properly.

“Like I told the senior officers, they have a friend in me because I know how difficult a job it is for the police,” the minister observed.

However Francis pointed out that he knows the officers intimately.

“I know who are the workers and as far as I am concerned persons who deserve promotions and persons who are working towards making the force a better place should be the ones  who are going to be elevated,” Francis explained.

He said he would not interfere with the promotion system, but would be advising the police commissioner as to how he sees things.

Senior officers, speaking to the Times on condition of anonymity, have claimed that the minister is attempting to influence promotions in the force.

But Francis said he would never micro-manage the police force.

“I am the minister and obviously the buck stops with me so obviously I would be pressuring the Commissioner, the gazetted officers and the men and women of the police force to do what they ought to do,” he asserted.

1. Sad-But-True
    July 26, 2016 at 2:13 pm Reply

Lol, Hahahaha..So the RSLPF suddenly realizes that the ‘5-to-stay-Alive,’ was NOT about them. Lol. Well it’s down to ‘4 to stay alive. The US has NOTHING to do with Allen (the boy,) and the remaining 4 UWP Prime Ministers. Lol

July 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm Reply

Whoay, tell them to shut up and put up. You in charge, promote your henchmen at their expense.

July 26, 2016 at 6:59 pm Reply

“I know who are the workers and as far as I am concerned persons who deserve promotions and persons who are working towards making the force a better place should be the ones who are going to be elevated,” Francis explained.

Francis is just confirming that he is interfering in the organization. He think he knows who the workers are; his friends I suppose. That’s why it has been said that he promoted an ASP from the police band to act as Superintendent In charge of training. Someone one with no policing experience.

This man is s disaster waiting to happen. Now is his time to be the police commissioner that he never was.

I think the minister would do better ensuring that all retired police officers who currently owe the police credit union and refuse to settle their huge outstanding debts – pay up. Publish their names. I wonder who would be first on that list. Lol

We should lead by example. The indisciplined can never foster discipline. The minister’s record as a police officer speaks for itself.

4. Public servant
    July 26, 2016 at 8:32 pm Reply

As far as I am concerned, the minister’s statement, ‘I know who are the workers and as far as I am concerned persons who deserve promotions and persons who are working towards making the force a better place should be the ones who are going to be elevated,” is more than enough proof of his intention to micro mange. he has been out of the force for years but he knows who are the workers and who deserve promotion? That statement will come back to hunt him. I wonder if he is aware that two things caused the police to rebel against SLP: IMPACS and bad promotion. The promotions that have been made under his short watch, makes the SLP look like angels. He took over RSLPF in a coffin. in the next couple of months, if he continues on this course, it will be six feet deep. As the first retired police officer to hold this office, he should know better that the crap that is going on. The rslpf is now being managed by Jonies come lately and excess bagages.

5. Princess
    July 26, 2016 at 9:13 pm Reply

(Words removed)
    Allen please remove this man as your security minister forthwith!!

July 26, 2016 at 9:22 pm Reply

Hahaha this government is real kixx. Finished the second bag of popcorn and opening another

July 27, 2016 at 9:30 pm Reply

Are the workers those who could have afforded to finance the political campaign? $100,000 To be exact?

The public will judge how competent you selectees are. But if one has to judge based on your abilities I contend that those selectees will be very incompetent.