Bus driver held at gunpoint says bandits ‘lucky’

Bus driver held at gunpoint says bandits ‘lucky’

Bus driver, Titus Charles, of Hospital Road, who was held at gunpoint in the wee hours of this morning, has told the Times that the bandits who accosted him were ‘lucky’.

Charles recalled that four men boarded his bus at Gros Islet.

He said the bus already had two women passengers and another male.

The bus driver recounted that when he reached Marisule, one member of the group of four men announced that they wanted him to drive them to Balata.

“I told them I was not going to Balata,” Charles told the Times.

He said they kept insisting that he go where they wanted, but he kept repeating that he would not go.

Charles observed that one of the men “cranked” a pistol, held it to his head and demanded that he turn left into the road leading to Balata.

“I told him I am not going to Balata,” the bus driver declared.

He said that when he entered the roundabout at Choc, the gunman again demanded that he do what he was told.

Charles said he drove towards Castries and swung his vehicle sideways across the road.

“Nothing could pass,” he recalled.

“When I came out to find out what is their problem, I just see fellas start running – who run in the bush; then I went back in my vehicle,” Charles recounted.

He said the two women passengers fled, whilst the male who was not part of the group of four men remained.

Charles told the Times he believed that one of the women called the police.

“I myself, I called my partner and we went back and looked for them but I did not know that the police were on the scene,” he explained.

He noted that he and his “partner” found that the police had the bandits on the ground at gunpoint at Balata.

Asked if he was not afraid during his ordeal, his response was an angry:

“No man, these fellas can’t disrespect me like that. We had to go back and look for dem fellas so that they can know what time it is. You understand?”

According to Charles:

“Fellas working hard for their money and is that you all doing?”

Asked whether he and his partner were armed in any way, the bus driver told the Times that they could not have gone after the bandits “bare handed.”

“They just lucky that the police reach them before us,” Charles said.

He asserted that people must have respect for others who are trying to earn an honest living.

1. concerned
    August 15, 2016 at 5:22 pm Reply

Why mention the bus driver name but they can’t put the names of those little pieces of crap name out so we know who they are so next time everyone knows how to deal with them

2. Sad-But-True
    August 15, 2016 at 5:28 pm Reply

It’s Allen(the child’s) fault! He has caused the crime to skyrocket while jet-setting on tax-payers money around the world visiting family and friends, while the Poor Black UWP supporters go hungry.

August 15, 2016 at 8:16 pm Reply

Shut up crime was always around. So whatever PM that’s in power are u going to blame dem. So Allen paid the boy to do the bus driver dat. U need to shut up and be more realistic. I think u leaving in the bushes to make this statement about crime and Allen Because if Kenny dere these things will still continue happening

2. Petpeeve
      August 16, 2016 at 4:18 pm Reply

When you have nothing intelligent to say just (Expression removed)!! You make yourself look more retarded that you are..(Expression removed)!

3. sad but tru follower
    August 15, 2016 at 8:29 pm Reply

For some reason
    I look forward to reading sad but tru comments
    Sad but true u rock lol

1. smh
      August 15, 2016 at 9:34 pm Reply

Lol yes 100% supporter of SBT

August 15, 2016 at 9:57 pm Reply

You (Words removed) never have a good conversation coming from your mouth

5. Uncle Sejay
    August 15, 2016 at 10:59 pm Reply

All of u sad but true followers are nothing but a load of cow cah cah kenny admitted he’s lost and run away but you all (sad but true) still wanna bash Allen people Kenny not coming back so stop with the Allen bashing only clowns like sad but true would follow him like they did Kenny and lost badly grow up and stop being a clown and accept you’ll lost day bunny mah kak…Lol

6. met bordah
    August 16, 2016 at 7:41 am Reply

Always politics eh…like ppl don’t move on at all…a dog bark is Allen or kenny c somebody farther is Kenny or allen….go clean your house and move on Facebook.

7. met bordah
    August 16, 2016 at 7:43 am Reply

Corrections somebody (Word removed)

8. T
    August 16, 2016 at 8:18 am Reply

you bus driver saying they lucky.. i believe u should have said you are lucky they did not buss the cap in ur head sir. Choops

9. randy2
    August 16, 2016 at 11:48 am Reply

Socio economic issues

10. chickenteeth2
    August 16, 2016 at 11:52 am Reply

I can ran st lucia better

11. chickenteeth2
    August 16, 2016 at 11:59 am Reply

Close small airport, making space for castries expansion and growth. Bring in investments that give sustainable employment( enough hotels alrady) and work on establishing a local university campus. Go on a fact finding mission to barbados for a start; to take note of how they achieved theie level of advancement. My advice to prime minister for a start. Enough mediocrity and incompetency among those governing st lucia

August 16, 2016 at 5:34 pm Reply

but is what allen saying /doing about crime /looking 4 investors /country must b safe first sar/ do like care

13. Kmm
    August 19, 2016 at 8:28 pm Reply

The animosity and hate for others opinions will never stop…all of yall need to put a sock in it…stop trying to kill each other with words…smh…try been civilised and come together as one to help our country be better…yall insults towards each other will not do any harm to the other. Makes me wonder are yall getting paid for yall nonesense…smh