PRESS RELEASE:– The level of Reservoir at John Compton Dam has been recorded at 333.1 feet today, Monday , August 15th 2016. This represents a decrease of 0.1 feet from our previous recorded level yesterday, August 14th, 2016.
The level on this date last year, August 15th, 2015 was 333.2 feet.
Spill over is at 333.0 feet
Daily Water Schedule:
The Water and Sewerage Company Inc. (WASCO) wishes to advise of actions and schedule for communities in the Northern part of the island, for today Monday 15th, August 2016
The areas listed were supplied with water yesterday
· Lower Ti- Chemin, Fond Assau, Chassin, Cabiche, Talvern & Hill 20, La Borne, Des Rameaux, Ti Dauphin, Morne Citon, Ravine Macok, Malgretoute and environs, and Garrand were supplied yesterday
Critical Actions for Today Aug 15th, 2016
· Fond Cannie and Cacoa are currently being supplied
· Lower Ti Chemin, Fond Assau, Chassin, Cabiche, Talvern & Hill 20 are currently being supplied.
· Des Rameaux, Ti Dauphin, Morne Citon, Ravine MaCok, Malgretoute and environs are currently being supplied.
· La Borne is currently being supplied.
· Garrand is currently being supplied.
· Upper Monier from Fostin Development to Plateau Pump House will be supplied from tonight.
· Plateau & Upper Paix Bouche will be supplied from tomorrow night.
· Water was pumped to Old Jack Johnson last night.
· Water was pumped to New Jack Johnson last night.
· Water was pumped to Golf Park, Cap Estate last night.
· All Distribution pumps in Cap Estate were operated last night.
· Water was pumped to Mount Hardy Tank last Night. (Tank is full)
· Gravity source supplying Hill 20 Treatment Plant is back in operational.
The Water and Sewerage Company Inc. (WASCO) wishes to inform customers at the under mentioned locations of the following which may cause an interruption in their water supply:
Damaged line near Dilly’s Supermarket as a result of de-silting work done in nearby drain. Customers living in the new CDC and environs are currently without a supply. A crew has been dispatched to execute repairs.
Damaged main at Ravine MaCok, valve closed in the La borne Junction. Customers Ravine MaCok and environs are currently without a supply.
Damaged main at Piat, crews have been dispatched to execute repairs.
One pump at La Croix, Babonneau is faulty, did not come on automatically. This caused an overflow of the tank as a result. Electricians have been informed and will be attending to it.
Crews have been assigned to undertake repairs, works have begun water supply will be resorted as soon as works are completed.
The Water and Sewerage Company Inc (WASCO) apologizes for any inconvenience this may caused.
WASCO…water is life! Committed to meeting customers’ needs
All other communities are being served, whilst we will maintain the supply of water to the aforementioned areas, there may be inconsistencies due to demand or damages which may occur on the lines.
WASCO ….water is life! Committed to meeting customers’ needs.