PRESS RELEASE:- EFFECT OF CONTAGIOUS DISEASES (EDUCATION ACT OF SAINT LUCIA 2008)
33. EFFECT OF CONTAGIOUS DISEASES
(1) Subject to section 34, a student suffering from or exposed to a contagious disease shall not be admitted to or permitted to remain in any school.
(2) Where the principal discovers or has reason to suspect the presence of a contagious disease the principal shall immediately report the same to the parents of the students concerned, the Chief Education Officer, and the Chief Medical Officer.
34. RE-ADMISSION OF STUDENT ON PRODUCTION OF MEDICAL CERTIFICATE
(1) A student who has been refused admission to a school on the ground that the student is suffering from or exposed to a contagious disease shall not be re-admitted except upon production of a medical certificate from a medical practitioner registered under the Registration of Medical Practitioners Act to the effect that such student is free from such disease and is unlikely to be a source of infection to other persons in the school.
(2) The medical certificate required by subsection (1) shall be issued free of charge by any Government medical officer issuing the same.
“We, the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force would like to encourage the citizenry to read and study the laws which governs our society. Never forget that knowledge is power”.