Saltibus relieved of duties as National Volunteer Coordinator

Saltibus relieved of duties as National Volunteer Coordinator

Cyril J. Saltibus has been relieved of his duties as National Volunteer Coordinator, effective today, August 31, 2016.

“Consequent upon the outcome of the last General Elections and the appointment of a new Prime Minister, my duties as National Volunteer Coordinator have come to an end,” Saltibus said in a letter to friends and volunteers.

He explained that he was so advised by a letter to him dated July 27, 2016.

Saltibus told volunteers and friends that they had been through a lot together.

He expressed gratitude for the time spent with them.

“Your hard work and dedication served as a motivation for me and this programme. I will forever cherish these past few years and will always look back on this journey with the fondest of memories. I do hope that you too feel the same and that you continue to show just as much or even more enthusiasm towards volunteerism in the future,” he wrote.

He singled out Governor General, Dame Pearlette Louisy for her patronage and guidance; former Prime Minister Doctor Kenny Anthony  for entrusting him with the responsibility of office and Cabinet Secretary, Darrel Montrope, for his mentorship.

Saltibus thanked the Volunteer Board of Trustees, especially Chairperson Ms. Lesilann Modest and Southern Representative Mrs Patsie Powlette, Ms. Anya Edwin, -Volunteer Administrator and the Staff of the Office of the Prime Minister for their assistance and cooperation.

“The conclusion of my stint within the Office of the Prime Minister does not mean the end of my life of volunteerism and I give my assurance that I will continue to work with and support “Volunteer Saint Lucia” and affiliated constituency Chapters,” he declared.

According to Saltibus:

“In that regard I look forward to working alongside each of you, doing what we do best; “Volunteering with a difference”.”

The National Volunteer Programme has as its mission, creating a renewed spirit of volunteerism in Saint Lucia by recruiting, training and certifying volunteers, while encouraging and organizing challenging volunteer opportunities through strengthened coalitions with the Private Sector and Civil Society.

1. Tracey
    August 31, 2016 at 12:29 pm Reply

Other people MUST eat too. Good (Expression removed) RIDDANCE. Never see a short a… full of himself like this (Expression removed)

2. greta
    August 31, 2016 at 12:32 pm Reply

I LOVE THAT. That job was created for this ninkanpoop. Why do we need a national volunteer coordinator? Political appointees need to be kicked out from day 1. WASTE OF MONEY

3. pitter
    August 31, 2016 at 12:45 pm Reply

Salty they finally remove you my brother. What was your role in the first place? Country cannot afford this. Good move mr. Pm

4. Sad-But-True
    August 31, 2016 at 12:54 pm Reply

lol…of course the poor Black UWP house slaves will bash another fellow Black Lucian in defense of their White god. This is what they do best. Lol

5. Sad-But-True
    August 31, 2016 at 1:25 pm Reply

I am still disappointed at the results of the last general elections. For the next five years, I will bash, and insult all all flambeau efforts; whether it is good or its’s an effort to achieve good.

1. All trolls matter.?
      September 1, 2016 at 2:25 pm Reply

Troll. What a sad existence.

6. Sad-But-True
    August 31, 2016 at 1:28 pm Reply

Flambeaus are dogs. I yean their downfall.

August 31, 2016 at 2:36 pm Reply

It takes a dog too know a dog damp fool,no conversation whatsoever.

August 31, 2016 at 2:37 pm Reply

The black slaves who voted for the irish dog have not earn a cent but the ministers have got 3 months pay at ten thousand a month

9. Uncle Sejay
    August 31, 2016 at 2:51 pm Reply

Sad but true u are one sorry slp dog who like to bark hoping the slp would stay in power we all know u and all the other slp supports hate St Lucian and this country because if that red boy was kept in power we all black yes I said it black maybe u wasn’t aware of it but we lucian know that so u can stop calling us black we know that we’re black we are proud black st lucians so keep bashing but u and all the other sorry A slp supports will be right here under the UWP

1. Sad-But-True
      August 31, 2016 at 3:52 pm Reply

What a Happy House Slave you are. 🙂 My My, you are a Tap Dancing Negro Slave. You make your white UWP slave master very proud 🙂 Soon you will be ITS Bed wench. Lol

August 31, 2016 at 4:27 pm Reply

Again st Lucians are rejoicing when st Lucian like them are out of a job only because of de party we support The uwp government will appoint someone else to the post so those who are saying that this is good less money to pay dream on

August 31, 2016 at 7:20 pm Reply

Sad but true, you sound like that prison officer

September 3, 2016 at 11:45 pm Reply

I wonder if it the twin brothers from Laborie and the other works at infurstructure?