PRESS RELEASE:-The Eastern Caribbean Collective Organisation for Music Rights (ECCO) Inc. increased royalty collection by a record level of 35% above the corresponding period.
As a result, revenue available for distributing to rights holders will increase by 86% to a record high of $817,651.
Following settlement of outstanding fees from the licensing of the Cable content of FLOW, ECCO is able to make a special payment of $250 to each of its 620 members who were registered for the financial year in question (1st January 2015 to 31st December 2015).
This special payment is above any royalties members derived from performances of their musical works.
In addition to the special payment and the main Broadcasting and General Distribution, ECCO has also brought forward the payment of its Live Distribution.
Therefore, the payout scheduled for Friday 2nd September 2016 will include the following:
- The $250 Special Payment
- Fees collected in the ECCO territories from performances on audio visual channels and public performances (1st January 2015 – 31st December 2015)
- Live Performances ((1st January 2015 – 31st December 2015) from: –
- Soufriere & Community Jazz (St. Lucia)
- St. Lucia Jazz & Arts Festival
- Carnival Events (St. Lucia)
- CPL Matches (St. Lucia)
Due to incomplete data the regional Live Distribution will be paid in October 2016, comprising of:
- Jazz & Creole Festival (Dominica)’
- Creole in the Park (Dominica)
- Opening of Carnival (Dominica)
- White in the Moonlight (Grenada)
- Sundance Promotions (Grenada)
- St. Kitts Music Festival
- CPL Matches (St. Kitts & Nevis)
- Wet Fete (St. Vincent & the Grenadines)
- CDF Events (St. Vincent &the Grenadines)
- Hot 97 Show (St. Vincent & the Grenadines)
- Bequia Music Festival (St. Vincent & the Grenadines)
As a result of increased efficiency in the collection of data, re performances, ECCO will be making two Broadcasting Distributions per annum starting in the year 2017, the first one being in April for performance period; January to December 2016 and the second in October for performance period; 1st January 2017 to 30th June 2017.