PRESS RELEASE:-SCHOOL RULES TO GOVERN DISCIPLINE (EDUCATION ACT OF SAINT LUCIA 2008)
49. SCHOOL RULES TO GOVERN DISCIPLINE
(1) A public school or an assisted private school may, after consultation with its Board of Management where such a Board exists, introduce rules to govern the attire, conduct and discipline of students.
(2) Rules established under subsection (1) shall—
(a) be circulated to the parents of the students of the school; and
(b) not come into effect unless approved in writing by the Chief Education Officer.
(3) The rules that affect students shall be posted in conspicuous places within the school and shall be reviewed with the students of the school at the commencement of each school year.
(4) The rules established under this section shall be applied without discrimination to all students and shall be consistent with this Act and the regulations.
(5) Discipline of students shall be administered in accordance with this Act and the rules and procedures established by the Board of Management, or the Chief Education Officer.
“We, the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force would like to encourage the citizenry to read and study the laws which governs our society. Never forget that knowledge is power”.