PRESS RELEASE:- The Ministry of Equity, Social Justice, Empowerment, Youth Development, Sports, Culture and Local Government will be conducting the Annual Review of ALL Public Assistance, Disability Grant as well as Medical Exemption cardholders of Castries, Souci-Millet, Babonneau, and Gros-Islet.
The Review will be held during the period September 12, 2016 to September 30, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m at Head Office located at the Waterfront, Castries.
Clients of Anse la Raye should visit the Constituency Council Office during the period October 3, 2016 to October 14, 2016 from 9:00 a.m.to 4:00 p.m.
Clients of the remaining regions should visit their respective districts/community offices from September 12, 2016 to October 14, 2016 to conduct reviews.
Please note that the following documents MUST be submitted to the relevant Welfare Officers for your area during the review process:
- Client card.
- An updated doctor’s book or letter (as recent as one month), doctors book must be stamped using the Hospital or Health Centre stamp for bedridden, sick, mentally challenged, amputees and elderly clients.
- Birth or Baptismal Certificate for each child / children on Public Assistance.
- National Identification Cards for everyone 18 years and older.
- All children at tertiary level institutions (Sir Arthur Lewis Community College) must submit proof of enrollment or acceptance letter from the institution (for Form 5 students).
- Students attending Primary and Secondary Schools should submit letters from the institution stating they are still enrolled at school or copies of last terms report.
For further information, please contact the Ministry at telephone number 468 5192 (Castries) and 454 6478 (Vieux Fort).
Please be guided accordingly.