PM issues statement on approaching weather system

PM issues statement on approaching weather system

Press Release:-“My fellow Saint Lucians, by this statement I wish to assure you that my thoughts and prayers are with you as our island today braces for severe weather. Your government, in collaboration with the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) and other partner agencies has taken all possible steps to ensure citizens are kept informed about developments. I am very much in touch with what is happening at home, and remain confident that our police, who are already on the alert, as well as other agencies charged with emergency response, will as usual leave no stone unturned in their combined effort to weather this storm.

“The Acting Prime Minister Honourable Lenard Montoute has done a phenomenal job in managing the situation thus far and I have every confidence that this will continue with the support of the Cabinet of Ministers, NEMO and other agencies.

“I call on Saint Lucians to pay attention to all related bulletins and advisories. Stay tuned to your radios and familiarize yourself with the location of your community shelters. We are all aware of the damage and heartache storms can cause. Unfortunately our island is particularly prone to flooding and landslides, so please be on guard for the slightest warnings. We also need to mindful of the after effects of heavy rains and wind.

“Let us all be our brothers’ and sisters’ keepers. We cannot be too vigilant. Do everything possible to keep yourselves safe. Let us all unite at this time and take care of one another. May God Bless and protect our island home.”

September 28, 2016 at 1:36 pm Reply

Don’t think st.Lucians no how to be each other’s brothers and sisters. If they did they wouldn’t be posting these things about Bexon. It really isn’t a joking situation because some of us get affected very badly

2. Máire Ní Bhroin
    September 28, 2016 at 1:51 pm Reply

May God bless & protect all St.Lucians’ during trials by storm & my family living there. My thoughts and prayers are with you all & may the Lord be your sheild & buckler.

September 28, 2016 at 2:52 pm Reply

God is not a joke! Disasters are coming judgement from the almighty is coming turn from your wicked ways and accept Jesus Christ as our lord and personal saviour and bleed his blood over your doors and homes. May God have his way each and every day and may he have mercy upon us. This is not a joke.. GOD IS REAL and is not asleep.

September 28, 2016 at 4:33 pm Reply

You have been watching too much of those stormy fighty God paintings from the middle age to attribute the Almighty with these character.

September 28, 2016 at 10:08 pm Reply

We can say what we want the fact remains we need to repentttttt give Christ his rightful place in our lives and live for and serve him. May God have mercy on our souls.

4. Ti Avorcar
    September 28, 2016 at 3:07 pm Reply

Guess Acting PM statement not good enough. Unless PM speaks statement not good. Admits Acting PM taking care of things but “I must have my say”. Much for confidence.
    And party hacks do not give me the line the expected line. Please not that when the Acting PM speaks, he speaks for the whole Government including the PM.
    I await you all partisan responses.

September 28, 2016 at 7:06 pm Reply

really wish this guy would never return to these shores.

October 3, 2016 at 9:48 pm Reply

I been saying he should stay in Saudi Arabia and play his little heart out on the golf course the rest of his days.