Police probe alleged rape of 12 year old girl by family ‘friend’

Police probe alleged rape of 12 year old girl by family ‘friend’

Police have launched an investigation into a report that a twelve year old girl was raped by a  male in his early thirties who is a close friend of the family of the alleged victim.

Relatives of the girl told told the Times today that the alleged incident occurred before the reopening of school but only came to light yesterday.

They said that the alleged victim, who was too afraid to speak,  eventually mustered up the courage and wrote a note to one of her siblings who passed the handwritten note to an older sister.

The older sister reported the alleged incident to her mother.

The alleged rape took place at a house in Castries while the alleged victim and perpetrator were alone at home.

The girl’s relatives told the Times  they suspect  that the child could be pregnant.

“He was like family – we trusted him,” they said of the alleged perpetrator.

Yet a female family member recalled that some years ago when she was at primary school, the same individual who is accused of raping the child attempted to force himself on her but she managed to escape his advances.

The female, who now appears to be in her late teens to early twenties, explained that at the time she was too afraid to tell on him.

She told the Times that the man also made an attempt on an older cousin.

The woman ruefully explained that perhaps had she spoken up, the alleged rape of the twelve year old may not have taken place.

She claimed that the alleged perpetrator told the mother of the twelve year old that he had kissed the child and things got “out of hand.”

1. Trump
    October 24, 2016 at 1:30 pm Reply

Allow me please, I beg you, to take the law in my hands this time. Just this once, please, and we shall see rape come to a halt in this country.

1. v
      October 24, 2016 at 2:20 pm Reply

I aGREE

2. Ken haekhawk
      October 24, 2016 at 5:55 pm Reply

Oh I love you trump

3. In Agreement
      October 24, 2016 at 6:53 pm Reply

Yes please Make St Lucia safe again

2. broken heart
    October 24, 2016 at 1:36 pm Reply

These stories just break my heart! The damage cannot be undone and I feel sorry for the youngsters. It affects their whole life. It’s like destroying them but they’re still alive to feel the pain.

1. The light
      October 24, 2016 at 2:06 pm Reply

Me to!!! Sighh…and it’s so high in st.lucia we don’t even know. ..it took me 10 years to talk about mine…altho it wasn’t that bad….but women need to protest against these crimes….we need a sex offenders registry and a program in schools where social workers interviews children every year to find out if they’re being molested etc…especially the Young boys

3. Tasha
    October 24, 2016 at 1:48 pm Reply

So u couldn’t get someone your own age to have sex with? U had to take advantage of the persons child? God knows why he hasn’t given me children because I swear I would b in an 8 by foot cell if a man did that to my child #pissed

4. Samantha
    October 24, 2016 at 1:55 pm Reply

His private part should be cut off so that he may never use it again.

5. Trump
    October 24, 2016 at 2:02 pm Reply

This friend of the family thing must stop! That should be a thing of the past. We should have no friends when it comes to our young innocent baby girls. And in some instances not even family members should be entrusted near our young jewels.

6. Tashaii
    October 24, 2016 at 2:19 pm Reply

Let me just say, friend or not, this world has become so dangerous now, that you can’t trust anyone at all, once you have a penis, no more rides/pick-up’s alone the road even if I know you, sorry, innocent has to pay for the guilty,…..no chances to be taken, not even with you precious daughters or sons,…..ppl “hold on to your children”….Women, be careful who you stop to give rides,…………its always someone we know….BE WARNED…

7. what the
    October 24, 2016 at 3:25 pm Reply

Excuse me? He kissed her and it got out of hand? As if a grown man kissing a 12 year old is appropriate? I hope this disgusting pervert gets the full extent of the law . How could a person be so sick? And parents STOP LEAVING YOUR KIDS ALONE WITH “FRIENDS” . In this day and age common sense should tell you trust no one!

8. Smh
    October 24, 2016 at 4:01 pm Reply

Seems to me that he is used to doing this. Who knows who else he has sexually abused. They need not to drag his case or let him go easy. Smh. These pedifil es disgust me!

9. Dacobs
    October 24, 2016 at 4:05 pm Reply

For a moment I though this was international until I reach the part where it said “Castries”. what mislead me is the photo which is that of a Caucasian. You mean St. Lucia Times couldn’t the photo of local police use instead of the one used? Just what is it are we being told here? I am very disappointed with that photo because I don’t think it represents law and order in St. Lucia!

10. piron
    October 24, 2016 at 6:35 pm Reply

take the law in your hands and cut his penis off, and finish! magistrate may give him probation…

October 24, 2016 at 9:29 pm Reply

kissed the girl and “things got ‘out of hand”
    is he for real?

12. tired of bs
    October 24, 2016 at 10:04 pm Reply

It’s about time these guys be made examples of… Publicly shame them let the world know who they are god forbid they get away with it ppl will know who they are n will be better equipped to keep their little ones safe… Family friend my toes when I were done with u u’d ask for Ur death

October 25, 2016 at 3:57 am Reply

We need to stop trusting ppl especially with our kids.

14. Large back
    October 25, 2016 at 7:34 am Reply

We keep saying don’t leave our children with friends or family but we need to be realistic. Most mothers work and yes we need someone to care for our child or children between the time they leave school and we get home from work. I think what we should say is for parents to be more vigilant when it comes to their children, foster a good relationship with them and train them properly, so in the event of such an attempt or advance they would be comfortable enough with us to tell us as soon as possible. As it relates to the legal aspect if it these matters take way too long before they are tried in court.

15. Large back
    October 25, 2016 at 7:35 am Reply

We keep saying don’t leave our children with friends or family but we need to be realistic. Most mothers work and yes we need someone to care for our child or children between the time they leave school and we get home from work. I think what we should say is for parents to be more vigilant when it comes to their children, foster a good relationship with them and train them properly, so in the event of such an attempt or advance they would be comfortable enough with us to tell us as soon as possible. As it relates to the legal aspect of it these matters take way too long before they are tried in court.

1. Hope
      October 29, 2016 at 8:38 am Reply

Soo true. And well said. I’ve been abused at age 15 and presently in my early 20s’. My mother still doesn’t know. Parents have to ensure that the relationship between theirselves and children are positive,that their children will feel comfortable to confide in him/her ie:mom or dad. My mom was ad is a strict mom. She had to be strong fact that shes a single mom of two. I just guess that was her was of being strict,to ensure we dont get into trouble but when a parent is too strict….it causes the children to take advantages of time spent out of the house.example if that child is sent to lessons that child may follow schoolmates to a game shop or lime just beceause ‘everyones doing it’ where as othet children may need someone to speak to for advice eg:a 20 year old man tries to persuade a 13 year old by giving her gifts. She should beable to speak to her parents and that parent should beable to control the mater from there on-where as in my case I had no one to speak to,no big sister,strict mom,dad barly around and the ‘man’ was a family TRUSTED friend. He was a decan at church. A man that everyone trust. I trusted my life with him. I looked up to him as a dad he was so easy to speak to and ……it happened. He has two children I pray for his daughter everyday hopefully his heart have changed. Parents stop raising your kids to be so fearful of you that they are ao ahy to speak up when they are supose to. Everytime I hear a rape incident it brings be back…….i remember

October 25, 2016 at 12:33 pm Reply

Is there a DON PABLO ESCOBA in St Lucia? There would be no more rapes I bet you.

17. Hope
    October 29, 2016 at 8:20 am Reply

Its really sad,heart breaking…he should be tourtered….hanging him would just end his life,he should be tourtered.