Twelve Year Old Castries Girl Pregnant After Rape

Twelve Year Old Castries Girl Pregnant After Rape

A twelve year old girl living in Castries is pregnant after being raped by a thirty-two year old male.

The child’s mother told the Times that her daughter was examined today at Victoria Hospital where it was determined that she was three months pregnant.

While the mother spoke to the Times outside her residence, relatives reported that child lay on a bed inside the home crying, occasionally throwing up and battling a fever.

“She is blaming herself. She is crying a lot, a lot, a lot. I told her  do not blame yourself because it is not her, because she is a child. But she needs counselling – she needs help,” the child’s aunt said.

While the aunt was speaking, a teenage brother of the victim blurted:

“The boy (the alleged perpetrator) just had a child what day was that. That child just one year and that’s what you doing?”

An irate female family friend shouted:

“Pervert. These men too perverted!”

The mother, who revealed that she has eleven children, told the Times that from the information she gathered the twelve year old was at her Aunt’s house nearby when the accused chose a moment when he was alone with the child to force her to have sexual relations with him.

The alleged incident occurred prior to the reopening of school, the mother said.

However the alleged victim is reported to have mustered up the courage yesterday to tell her sister, who wrote a note  about the allegation that was  passed  to an older female sibling.

rape-letter_stluciatimes_10242016

The older sibling  upon receiving the handwritten note disclosed the matter to the mother, according to information obtained by the Times.

The police were contacted and have begun an investigation into the incident.

However members of the family of the victim said they were outraged by the seeming slow pace of the investigation.

They expressed concern that the alleged perpetrator, whom they described as having been a close family friend, had not immediately been arrested and was free to evade justice by fleeing the country if he chose to.

Some residents of the community where the incident occurred were very vocal in condemning the sexual abuse of young females.

They expressed strong views that perpetrators should be publicly named and shamed.

Both the mother and aunt  of the victim asserted that the incident should put parents on guard not to trust menfolk around their female children.

Said the mother: “My advice is do not trust nobody by your daughters – it could be your brother, your uncle – nobody!”

1. Break the Silence
    October 24, 2016 at 9:19 pm Reply

It is a sad day for men in our society. To betray the trust of a family and solicit sex from a minor is degrading and embarrassing. It is truly a sad day for me in our society.

2. Rape is rape.
    October 24, 2016 at 9:32 pm Reply

If a twelve year old is pregnant, then the rape can’t be ‘alleged’. I hate the prolific use of that word in St. Lucian reporting. Sex with a minor is rape in the eyes of the law and all moral constructs.

1. St. Lucia Times Team
      October 24, 2016 at 10:02 pm Reply

Dear reader,

Your comment has been noted and the adjustments have been made.

St. Lucia Times Team

October 25, 2016 at 6:20 pm Reply

I am sorry to hear that, really sad news only God can judge but give him a sentence he deserved about the litle girl so sad to put her tru the abortion at her age but haven a baby for a rape is not easy to accept I consider the poor girl.
        I willing to adopted.

October 24, 2016 at 11:08 pm Reply

I was thinking the SAME thing. I mean its CONFIRMED that she’s pregnant. Whats this nonsense about alleged this and alleged that! run a DNA on the fetus and the accused and HANG him! People who do these things don’t deserve to breathe.

3. Disgusted
    October 24, 2016 at 9:42 pm Reply

Please rewrite this article and stop insulting our intelligence. A 12 year old who is pregnant was not allegedly raped. She is a minor and cannot give consent. She is a victim. Point blank. This is irresponsible journalism at best, and only serves to further fuel the ignorance & pervasive rape culture in St. Lucia.

1. St. Lucia Times Team
      October 24, 2016 at 10:01 pm Reply

Dear reader,

Your comment has been noted and the adjustments have been made.

St. Lucia Times Team

October 24, 2016 at 10:11 pm Reply

This is so heart breaking she’s only 12 and he will go jail and get fat on tax payers money its time they show those dirty dogs faces ……very upset choops

October 25, 2016 at 10:05 am Reply

MY DEAR, PLEASE READ THE ARTICLE

5. Concern
    October 24, 2016 at 10:28 pm Reply

No sin goes unpunished , I am sure he will get what he deserves, directly from the hands of God. How could you do something so inhuman to a young lady, that just started puberty, I thank God that the righteous judge saw what happen, and you will have to face him one day, I want to know what excuse you will use. I hope you repent and give your life to Christ, or else you will feel the flame of God’s wrath. SMH when I hear that time of sickness against young children. I wish there was a way to help this child out.

6. charles
    October 25, 2016 at 3:30 am Reply

its not 3 months since school reopen… which means this has been goin on for a while… investigate immediately… the child is 3 months pregnant

October 26, 2016 at 8:16 am Reply

This girl is a liar she wanted to look for love but she couldn’t handle the pain now she pregnant and the boy for rape that is hiding more if the victim she need help

2. Serita
      October 26, 2016 at 8:18 am Reply

October 25, 2016 at 6:02 am Reply

There is still time to end the pregnancy, she has been through to much for her mother to allow her to go through with the pregnancy.

1. You are worse
      October 25, 2016 at 6:44 am Reply

That will be murder!

1. Jane
        October 25, 2016 at 9:10 am Reply

Are you seriously going to allow a 12 year old to give birth??

October 25, 2016 at 10:07 am Reply

OKAY CHRISTIAN…….PLEASE I BEGGGGGG OF YOU TO PLEASE GIVE A BETTER SOLUTION

October 25, 2016 at 6:07 am Reply

Every other country these people name and face are place everywhere to warn the public. On the television, on posters, the Internet but only in st lucia they will protect them. Why do that. Let people know who the bastards are! !!!!!!!

October 25, 2016 at 7:05 am Reply

I totally agree!!!! It is as if we sheltering them and protecting them instead of the victims

October 25, 2016 at 7:00 am Reply

Omg feeling sorry for the child i hope tht fool pay for whtvhe do

October 25, 2016 at 7:23 am Reply

you know whats bothers me up to now the police hv not
    come to arrest the rapist the dog i am so upset about the matter
    an am so sorry for this child she is jus a baby WE NEED TO SEE HIS FACE

11. Trump
    October 25, 2016 at 7:43 am Reply

Under my law and leading, all rapists would have been second guessing right now because what an example I would have already made of him. I beg you, give me a chance, it could change your life.

12. p. jean
    October 25, 2016 at 7:44 am Reply

This is sad an unaceptable when will our justice system prevail stronger against these. Perpotrators it’s time to castrate those guys u use it for rape u loose it

October 25, 2016 at 7:59 am Reply

And the sad thing about it is that the bastard is friendly to the child’s cousin,he has a 1 year old baby with the girl,and that you doing to the child destroying her future. Mate need to be hang.

October 25, 2016 at 8:11 am Reply

YOU KNOW OUR SYSTEM HAVE A PROBLEM BECAUSE THIS MAN WILL GO TO JAIL AND GET FREE BREAKFAST,FREE LUNCH,FREE DINNER WHILE HE HAS DESTROYED THIS YOUNG LIFE .BEING AN ADULT GOING THROUGH A PREGNANCY IS DIFFICULT MUCH LESS FOR AN ADOLESCENT,AND THAT’S WHAT THE THE COURT SYSTEM FAIL TO REALIZE.THIS CHILD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.AND THIS IS WHAT SADDENS ME MOST

15. Wow
    October 25, 2016 at 8:46 am Reply

Around your children both male and female… everyone is a suspect.

October 25, 2016 at 10:09 am Reply

not even the dog can be trusted now.

16. Alleycat
    October 25, 2016 at 5:33 pm Reply

It is time we start naming these criminals. Once they are charged then they should be named. An online registry should be created and their names placed there only to be removed after 10 years without any incidents of the same kind.

October 25, 2016 at 7:29 pm Reply

I totally agree with you

October 25, 2016 at 7:36 pm Reply

you all not sapose to be aguing i am 12 and i fell so sorry i cried when i hear that this is bad

October 25, 2016 at 9:28 pm Reply

theirs too much talk and little action. question how much time do u get for tape??.its very simply we the parents need too be informed that we given our kids toouch space away from us. why its only a slipt second before they attack our kids that includes fathers .most mother’s take this as a joke but when our child says mommy first ting listen too dem watch – investigat take dem doctor then if its happens to be from some in the home well u no what too do .I no that’s why I’m up set wit the police unit at LA mar building there jokers

October 26, 2016 at 11:22 am Reply

God forbid as a mother any man rape my princess will never live for the time he sentence to jail . wickedness never done. Rape there for too long and more dont even mention about it.
    I was 1 when a grown man tried to rape me had me on the ground while he on my back but i struggle like a fish in water tk god i escape never tell my parents or brothers .I have no mercy for a rapist especially on a child? The law needs to be deadly on them killing the children spirits for life

October 26, 2016 at 11:25 am Reply

Sorry my ph stick is 10yrs old

22. GEORGIANNA Regis
    October 28, 2016 at 6:14 am Reply

13 years ago I was living in st Lucia 38year man raped a 9year old child boyfriend of the mother nothing was done then; in fact this was talked about on the radio the response from the male population was that this child seduced him therefore it was her fault. Today in 2016 the same thing continue to happen and you all can say is about politic when will you Lucian start looking after the next generation? I was angry then and more so now because you all still sitting your assets not protecting the vulnerable.