Land slippage poses danger for 80 year old

Land slippage poses danger for 80 year old

A land slippage at Millet poses a danger to an eighty year old resident.

According to information obtained by the Times, Edmunda Julien occupies the home that the land slippage now threatens.

It is reported that during the passage of Tropical Storm Matthew, soil erosion began at one side of the wooden house that Julien has lived in practically all her life.

Heavy intermittent rainfall subsequently has made the situation worse, the Times was informed.

There are now fears that the house could collapse at any time.

The situation has promoted the elderly woman’s relatives to decide to remove her from the house, it was reported.

Julien, whose house is near the road, is reported to have appealed to the authorities for assistance.

October 25, 2016 at 9:07 pm Reply

Don’t worry assistant will come over soon
    This is a real worthy cause.

October 26, 2016 at 10:38 am Reply

How about you don’t build haphazardly. DCA exists for a reason. You people build anywhere and expect gov’t at the expense of taxpayers to come rescue you’ll. Follow the building code people.

October 26, 2016 at 11:05 am Reply

Don’t be so evil minded the lady old live there all her life how she or any one else knows that would happen now from years aback ? We must love be each other keepers and live in unity.
    We Lucians must stay very loving and caring to others .

October 26, 2016 at 11:37 am Reply

Really now. So here I am spending money to build house and follow DCA rules. I pay my property tax to boot. Other people go build haphazardly, away from infrastructure, and cause problems. Instead of my property tax money being used to improve my locale, it is being used to fix areas people should not have gone to live in the first place. And who is being considerate of who now?

1. Sad-But-True
        October 26, 2016 at 7:02 pm Reply

She is 80 yes. Where was DCA all her life?

4. neighba
    October 26, 2016 at 11:45 am Reply

You will swear she doesn’t have children. Why can’t they relocate her house? Better yet take her into their home. After all she is 80 years old. I HOPE IS NOT MY TAX MONEY THEY GOING TO USE TO BUILD RETAINING WALL FOR HER!!!!!

October 26, 2016 at 1:11 pm Reply

Amen. Especially when I can barely afford myself. We need to stop this welfare state.

5. oh my
    October 26, 2016 at 2:18 pm Reply

Is our government trying so hard to show that they are caring that they fail to realise that relocationg this lady would cost alot less than to build a wall in that place?????

October 26, 2016 at 4:24 pm Reply

Well that house deh long before the road for sure I hope the wall does NOT cost more than the house and I hope the kids involved . Smh !

October 26, 2016 at 4:29 pm Reply

If a nation can not look after its old and young its in a pitiful state. Reading these messages make me ashamed of my people why should the government help this lady? You guys need to go back to basics And learn that the way to build a strong nation is by loving and caring for your people

1. neighba
      October 27, 2016 at 4:18 pm Reply

The lady’s family is more than capable of building a wall behind her house without help from the government! I remember when they were building the toilet and bath section in wall recently, they went against the advise of certain people in the community telling them that it would be too much weight for the land! Why can’t her daughter take her into her home? She is 80 years old for crying out loud!