IRD concerned about uncollected cheques

IRD concerned about uncollected cheques

The Inland Revenue Department (IRD) is appealing to taxpayers to collect outstanding cheques representing income tax returns.

Deputy Comptroller Responsible for Operations, Marcia Vite’, explained that taxpayers’ cheques are registered and posted.

However Vite’ told the Times it appears that once the taxpayers see registered mail from the IRD, they believe it is an arrears statement or some other information and do not pick it up.

VIEW LIST OF NAMES HERE

“We are at the juncture where we have quite a few uncollected cheques,” she disclosed.

The Deputy Comptroller Responsible for Operations explained that the IRD will be posting the names of all the persons who have not collected their cheques on the agency’s website shortly.

“The taxpayers can have a look at it and then come to our department,” Vite’ said.

She told the Times persons should check the website to see whether their names are there before proceeding to the Department which is located at the Castries Waterfront.

The IRD official revealed that the uncollected cheques numbered over two hundred covering from 2014 to the current year.

As a result she said some of them would now be invalid.

However Vite’told the Times that her department would change the dates and have the cheques processed.

VIEW LIST OF NAMES HERE

November 26, 2016 at 3:17 pm Reply

Ur’ll concern about the number of uncollected cheques. Really. Vaiement … so many times ppl calling asking ur’ll if a cheque had prepared and all they hearing is no.

November 26, 2016 at 4:29 pm Reply

Whats the website

3. Virginia Williams
    November 26, 2016 at 4:38 pm Reply

May I get mine please? I well want my returns. My name is not on the list. So hurry up and prepare mine for me. I will definitely collect it. Please and Thanks.

4. Mosley
    November 26, 2016 at 4:53 pm Reply

Really IRD? Bayties. I had to threaten to take legal action, only then was my returns made available for 5 years. Won’t even say more.

November 26, 2016 at 6:17 pm Reply

Really…..People beg and have been denied. ….that’s a club for favorites. …… I will be there on Monday….promtoe……..

November 26, 2016 at 8:59 pm Reply

Since 2010 I waiting for my returns check, each time I ask it’s never there. I’m still waiting for my checks, (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016)

7. Evastus Augustin
    November 26, 2016 at 9:19 pm Reply

Really,this is a well packaged untruth. With technology if you are truthful, please use the availability resources to rectify this scenario.

November 27, 2016 at 7:13 am Reply

…..So maybe those cheques should be cancelled and write up cheques for those people who have been making constant requests for their own tax returns cheques…tsk…tsk…smh…uncollected cheques “my foot”!

9. tc
    November 27, 2016 at 9:13 am Reply

Really… what about calling these various persons and telling them that a cheque has been prepared. The business houses do it.

November 27, 2016 at 9:18 am Reply

So most of the names on here have postal addresses and post boxes, yet the cheques sitting at IRD? Smh. Post the people cheques for them.

November 27, 2016 at 9:16 pm Reply

Some people in that list are no longer on the island and live overseas. What provisions have they made since these checks are years overdue?
    I have a suggestion: Post the people’s checks and so their family members can have them deposited on their accounts since they are not there in person to pick it up.