Closure of lower John Compton Highway

Closure of lower John Compton Highway

The Office of the Mayor wishes to inform members of the general public that the lower end of the John Compton Highway adjacent to the Vendor’s Arcade will be closed this and every Saturday until further notice.

The closure of the small section of the road between the Jeremie and Jn. Baptiste Streets Roundabout is to facilitate the popular Jeremie Street Flea Market which has seen an increase in occasional vendors and shoppers.

All commuters are asked to be guided by road signs which will be strategically placed for their information and guidance.

The Office of the Mayor wishes to apologize for any inconvenience which may be caused during this period.

December 2, 2016 at 2:24 pm Reply

Now the traffic will jam in the city. Pop pop, beep beep, traffic jam in the city…

December 2, 2016 at 3:03 pm Reply

Like seriously… in my opinion why can’t thy find a more convenient location for this.This just creates a traffic nightmare each and every Saturday and now with the extended section more headach smh

3. Mimi
    December 2, 2016 at 3:09 pm Reply

And not just that it creates unbearable traffic, but they need to change the name. This is not a flea market! The prices these people sell their items is ridiculous! ! The whole point of a flea market is to get stuff at reasonable prices; like between $2.00 and $50.00 at the most. Not the $85 and $100 priced items that they do have. Total (Word deleted)… my opinion.

December 3, 2016 at 7:22 am Reply

I agree with you 100%…all flee market I’ve been to the items are sold next to nothing.. .I have seen people come here in new York go to the pantrys wheir they get used cloth, shoes, cereal ECT for free and boating how they will go and sell them in st Lucia at the flee market. Smh.i will pay st lucia a visit just to go to the flee market and put those people who are doing this on blass..

5. Unpredictable
    December 3, 2016 at 7:28 am Reply

Really , first of all let me say that there is nothing political about my comment, I wanted to say this cause I know Lucian’s like to accuse people of being that way, with that said my view is that this flea market nonsense is a waste of time and an inconvenience to the public. That is not even close to being a flea market. Flea market prices are always below $50. These people have things well above $100. If they want to have a flea market in st.Lucia they need to look at these prices. (Words deleted)

6. Ben
    December 3, 2016 at 7:50 am Reply

Traffic nightmare on one of the busiest days in the city.Why not relocate these vendors to the Boulevard or around the square.

December 3, 2016 at 8:11 am Reply

Great suggestion. I like this!

2. omar
      December 3, 2016 at 10:43 am Reply

the city councel owe you for that brilliant idea !!!!

December 3, 2016 at 8:40 am Reply

I’m in total agreement with that surgetion of the square or the boulevard .
    That mayor needs to learn the city traffic first before making any road closures.

December 3, 2016 at 8:46 am Reply

Remember there’s parking vehicles all over that section of the city in all directions
    When traffic start backing up will the come and direct traffic ? You’re right.

December 3, 2016 at 8:47 am Reply

Sorry market vendors not coming today.

December 3, 2016 at 8:48 am Reply

Sorry I missed the word Mayor

December 3, 2016 at 9:47 am Reply

Not perturbed as I will be at church or home resting or doing a good deed. Lol

12. concerned
    December 4, 2016 at 8:41 am Reply

It would be nice if they’d allow a grace period on a Saturday morning to drivers going to get their produce at the market and environs. All these no parking zones create difficulty for patrons. Think about the elderly ones. How do they carry the heavy stuff all the way to where they’ve parked?

December 4, 2016 at 9:39 am Reply

And thanks to that, the traffic was a nightmare yesterday afternoon. Who’s idea was it to use the main traffic vein for their new venue? So ridiculous!

December 4, 2016 at 12:08 pm Reply