Police investigate burglary, rape, and homicide

Police investigate burglary, rape, and homicide

Saint Lucia police are investigating a burglary, rape and homicide.

The victim has been identified as 76-year old Rosa Rosemond of Marisule.

She is reported to have been found naked at her home.

A source who spoke to the Times on condition of anonymity recalled seeing Rosemond in her vehicle on Friday.

“One guy was driving and another was in the rear,” according to the source.

The source recalled that Rosemond made a joke as the vehicle drove off.

The men are reported to have been working on her house which reportedly had a leak in the basement.

The  individual recounted observing that  the gate to the victim’s home was locked with a padlock at about 5:30 pm on Saturday without her vehicle being in the yard.

The source told the Times that appeared highly unusual.

The source disclosed that a Security Company had been calling consistently after an alarm in the home of the deceased had been triggered and there was no response.

Law enforcement sources have indicated that Rosemond’s body was discovered at her home yesterday.

It is reported that her home had been burgled about a year ago.

Rosemond lived alone, according to reports.

Her vehicle is reported to have been discovered at the Castries Waterfront.

1. Shyan
    December 11, 2016 at 3:31 pm Reply

So the security company calling the house because the alarm went off and no one have the audacity to actually go to the house to see what’s up because no one is answering the phone. Smh. What a waste of a security company.

December 11, 2016 at 3:39 pm Reply

could be they found out she was dead because of said security company dumb ass

1. Logic
        December 12, 2016 at 9:26 am Reply

The point the individual is making is that, the security company had been allegedly calling consistently, so instead of continuously calling they could have gone to the house sooner. Which does make sense.

December 11, 2016 at 4:20 pm Reply

Exactly or call the police..jackasses

December 11, 2016 at 4:26 pm Reply

Exactly
      Smh

December 11, 2016 at 7:25 pm Reply

So true..

December 11, 2016 at 10:40 pm Reply

I can’t believe this !!!They called but never sent anyone to check !so what waz the god dam purpose for this SECURITY COMPANY!!When I actually thought St.Lucia news online could not get any worse…smh…may she rest in perfect peace🌱

6. mary
      December 12, 2016 at 8:13 am Reply

my tut exactly

December 11, 2016 at 3:36 pm Reply

I wondered why this vehicle was obstructing traffic yesterday? It was guarded. That explains it… wow.. what an ending?

December 11, 2016 at 5:46 pm Reply

Yes I saw that too. I was wondering when I saw the blown tyre. But it stayed there until Sunday morning.

3. Human
    December 11, 2016 at 4:04 pm Reply

Males! please stop, you keep backing women into a corner. PLEASE STOP. All the problems you are going through we do too plus your verbal, physical and sexual abuse. Please think about the repercussions you never get away, NEVER. That is a selfish act that hurt us all in the end.

1. Allah akbar
      December 11, 2016 at 4:37 pm Reply

How about women raising their children better.

December 11, 2016 at 5:17 pm Reply

Not women parents man and woman both have a responsibilty to the child

2. ccccc
        December 11, 2016 at 5:55 pm Reply

What about men playing their part also.

3. in god I trust
        December 11, 2016 at 6:49 pm Reply

Women? Are kids born without fathers.. chpz. Men like you…..

1. Tye
          December 11, 2016 at 9:32 pm Reply

I blaming the security company urll call didn’t get a response call the police n I telling whoever did this has brought to justice my condolences to the family

December 11, 2016 at 8:01 pm Reply

Parents my brother…Parents.

5. Logic
        December 12, 2016 at 9:29 am Reply

Who is to say that PARENTS don’t raise their children properly??? People tend to disregard that there are other influences out there that play a part in individuals ‘ life and AS MUCH as may try to shield or protect a child or children from it, somethings are inevitable.

6. Junior Radix
        December 12, 2016 at 10:55 am Reply

How about men raising their sons to appreciate and respect women

December 11, 2016 at 4:05 pm Reply

i second your comment @shyan

December 11, 2016 at 4:10 pm Reply

What the hell is this as a security com an alarm go off and u didn’t even brother to check it out if someone is held how could they answer a call this is poor ridiculous security com so she installed and was paying in vain because they couldn’t help her this is sad st Lucian all our laws and protectors are a waste of time drugs is the only thing to no them come running so they can get their share this is so so sad poor woman horrible way to die rip

6. Trudy
    December 11, 2016 at 4:14 pm Reply

(Expression deleted) hope they catch the dirty dogs and castrate them… Its high time rapists begin paying for their crimes

December 11, 2016 at 4:17 pm Reply

Sorry but can somebody give me the all time secret to send people and drown themselves. We have had enough. Need something that will work. When two drown the rest will not even think about it. Then that shate will stop. People are tired of living in fear at their own damn homes. The God people will comment yes but whilst you are praying another set will be acting. Time for that shate to stop once and for all.

8. RealTruth
    December 11, 2016 at 4:18 pm Reply

Life on earth will never be infinite and I hope that whoever did this go straight to the burning heck where their spirits came from. No kind of earthly repentance will be enough , EVER. Because to do something like this you have to be evil demons of Satan himself walking among us, only pretending to be human beings. smh.

December 11, 2016 at 4:25 pm Reply

Check the security company
    . See if its not an inside job

December 11, 2016 at 4:27 pm Reply

Family members should take this security company to court. nonsense choops

1. Desolate
      December 11, 2016 at 6:36 pm Reply

The security company should be sued. No reply and no one had the courtesy or professional training to go to the house or send police?
      For all you know if someone had gone there the perpetrator could have been caught and the woman’s life spared?
      I knew her very well. She grew up on my street in the north.
      Oh Helen, what have you come to? We weep for our country.

11. Tisha
    December 11, 2016 at 4:44 pm Reply

Okay if the security system calls, no one answers, no one from comes to see what’s happening because of the way lucians are. Obviously, after 5 minutes the security system should call the police because that’s how all security system works.Anyway, they should already have the police on stand by. Most of the times , I prefer the American security systems because they are more upgraded with security and lawyers and they are more logical.I feel so sorry for the lady’s money…..

December 11, 2016 at 4:58 pm Reply

Really it’s women to raise THEIR children better Sir. May God be praised

13. Tisha
    December 11, 2016 at 5:00 pm Reply

Lucians memm they hear the alarm no one goes by to see what happen but they will be the first to record or video tape something to put on social media…..whoops

December 11, 2016 at 5:09 pm Reply

I saw that RED CAR on Friday night at water front with the hazard light on my way to san souci I was really concern, but I drive passed. on my way back 45 minutes later the car was still their. I again was concern someone was inside sick but drove pass it and stop by the market to call the police so their can go take a look. call but didn’t get a response. then I saw a police vehicle pass heading down Jeremie street into bridge street.

15. MAKAC kENNEY
    December 11, 2016 at 5:34 pm Reply

It is sad, a life is lost. I do not know what the Laws are like in St. Lucia when it comes to security companies or what the official policy is. The one thing I know, out here in the US as soon as my alarm goes off the security company calls, not five minutes later, as soon as it goes off. If I don’t respond on the first call the Police is alerted while they try to contact another person who resides at my house to find out whether anyone is at home or if we are OK. If no response the Police is on their way to my house. Simple. Even if I respond, if the security company is not satisfied for any reason, like I can’t give them my code or I do not sound as if I am alright the Police will pay my home a visit. So I can’t understand the point of having a security company if all that will happen is they will keep calling you when clearly you are not responding which is a fair indication something has probably gone wrong. I guess nobody sues anyone in St. Lucia, and perhaps its a financial waste of time to sue anyone unless you have name and status. But over here as fast as you can say Jack Robinson a security company would have a lawsuit for such negligence. But again that is besides the point. As a people we are watching our nation crumble under a wave of crime perpetuated those who are perhaps themselves victims of the very society they prey upon.

December 11, 2016 at 6:03 pm Reply

This is Saint Lucia not the USA. The security company does not always do a physical check. I don’t know if they brought this alarm situation to the police’s attention. But what is the point of paying for an alarm system and the security company does not do a physical check. What are we paying for a phone call? People check on your family members, especially when they live alone. And be careful. Sometimes it is the people we know who hurt us. It is the season of festivities. Drink less and be our brother’s keeper more.

17. kizk
    December 11, 2016 at 7:01 pm Reply

Heartless bastard.Dont y’all have mother,sisters, aunts chuspe family should go Haiti.

December 11, 2016 at 7:04 pm Reply

R.I.P my dear lady so sad to hear that.

December 11, 2016 at 7:17 pm Reply

So many unsolved rapes and murders in St.Lucia. So many rapists and murderers walking amongst us. That is a scary thought

December 11, 2016 at 7:22 pm Reply

Dirty bastard. Don’t u all have mother, sisters, aunties and cusions family should go to haiti.

December 11, 2016 at 7:29 pm Reply

Bring Back Hanging

December 11, 2016 at 7:33 pm Reply

What a waste of a security company to watch over you and they do not do their job. You have all the info anout the client. The phone did not answer. Couldn’t you call the police, give the info and age and have them proceed to check on the client. What a waste! SMH

23. John Williams
    December 11, 2016 at 7:37 pm Reply

Disgusting bastards! What a shame that these pieces of garbage should engage in such horrible behavior. Much of St. Lucia’s crime problem comes from guns. Many times criminals use guns to force compliance. Unless they change laws to make mandatory long sentencing, the crime problem is not going away. Sad. What’s up with that joke security situation?

24. joe
    December 11, 2016 at 8:19 pm Reply

my take is that the red car was parked there for two days straight and it was facing the north meaning they were heading back up north and don’t tell me that lady didnt have friends who knows her vehicle and would call her to find out wat it was doing there. as for the security company sigh no system in place u call that

December 12, 2016 at 1:05 am Reply

This is such heartbreaking headlines in my country.These reoccurring incidents has me worried about family friends and St. Lucian citizens who are like prey to those vultures.Just hoping their reward is very near. Lord please wipe away those monsters and allow St. Lucians to feel free again.

1. Sexy
      December 12, 2016 at 5:53 am Reply

The guys who did that yall don’t Have a family. Mother sister brother grand mother and all. Sometimes somebody would go there and get kill by the same bastard who killed the lady smh. St Lucia don’t have no law. If the lady had the chance to kill one the law would say to much fost.

December 12, 2016 at 9:13 am Reply

Even the police needs to be blame. I saw that car parked with its rear in the road blocking traffic going to the north at about 10pm on Friday night. I drive by again at about 3:30 am going to the flea market and it was still in with hazards on. In reading some of the comments some people spotted it early Friday afternoon. Why didn’t the police go and check it out and use a tow it away and start an investigation as to what happen. The car being there did not help family members in anyway to at least question why would the car be there for that duration. Lord too many questions after the fact.

27. Logic
    December 12, 2016 at 9:33 am Reply

When something happens in St. Lucia, more often than not, the first thing one says is “I Blame” who are to cast judgement or blame someone. It is true one needs to held accountable and let’s hope that someone is held accountable. I due offer my sincere sympathy to family and strength to get through this tragic incident. RIP Rosa Rosemond

28. hmm
    December 12, 2016 at 11:11 am Reply

Smh y didn’t the security company go to the house or call the police
    Securty or not we not safe in out own homes
    This got to stop .. We need to have a protest against these things as st.Lucian’s we need to b our brothers keeper and stop blaming government after government for persons crime 😠

December 12, 2016 at 11:59 am Reply

We need to hang a few!! Its in our books why not hang someeee my gosh what will it take. Sigh I am not frustrated with whats happening I am frustrated that WE HAVE NOT STARTED HANGINGGGGGG THESE dogs monsters

December 12, 2016 at 12:05 pm Reply

We in Saint Lucia have a police force charged with the responsibility for the maintenance of law and oder the protection of life and property and the detection of crime. We have seen an increase in petty and serious crime and nothing is being done to show us that the Police are protecting the lives of our citizens and detecting crimes when they are committed
    I am demanding therefore the resignation of the commissioner of Police as he is incapable of doing the job and get someone who can

December 12, 2016 at 12:24 pm Reply

A motor vehicle on the high road with its hazards on for two days and no Police stop to check the reason, police vehicles passed by unconcern. Shame on them. Security telephone the home got no response and never made a physical check to verify the reason for the unanswered calls. Shame on them. Neighbours never observed the absence of the lady and check her out. Shame on them. Shame shame shame on lucia. Helen is bleeding

32. someone
    December 12, 2016 at 5:49 pm Reply

St. Lucia times have you’ll contacted the security company to make sure that you have your info correct?

33. Felicia
    December 12, 2016 at 7:02 pm Reply

Oh my this one touch me so had..so much in one night…seriously whoever did this I don’t want u to die peacefully…I would surly make u feel worst pain then u did to me..we women are fear of our life weather home or outside..lord we call upon u to deliver our people in this crises… My sympathy goes out to u my lady..may u rest in perfect peace

December 13, 2016 at 1:35 pm Reply

This person has a lot of information… You saw her at the waterfront…. You knew her padlock was unlocked and you knew the security company called several times…. hmmmm who are you 😧😧

December 13, 2016 at 1:37 pm Reply

This person has a lot of information …. You knew her padlock was unlocked and you knew the security company called several times…. hmmmm who are you 😧😧

December 19, 2016 at 9:22 pm Reply

Let’s get these suspects and hang them in public .at the market square?

1. Faizal Hossen
      December 19, 2016 at 10:33 pm Reply

Melbourne, Australia. Well said. The criminal/s must face the capital punishment. A gentle slap on the hand is not deterring criminal activities and is fact, encouraging criminals.