Castries, Saint Lucia – November 7, 2016 – The Alliance Francaise of Saint Lucia is a facilitator of Cultural Exchange and Education, and is offering opportunities to OECS Nationals through the CIEP (Centre International d’Etudes pédagogiques) English Language Assistant Program.
The successful English Language Assistants will be assigned to assist English teachers at Primary or Secondary schools in the French Territories of Martinique, Guadeloupe and French Guiana for a seven month contracted period. For this there will be monetary compensation for the selected applicants.
The Eligibility Criterion is as follows:
- To be a citizen of an OECS Country
- To be a native English Speaker
- To be between the ages of 20 – 35 years old
- To be a currently registered student of a tertiary education institution in Trinidad,
Barbados, Saint Lucia, or the UWI Open Campus
- Possess an acceptable certified level in French (B1 or better on the Common European Language Framework)
The selection process is in two phases:
- All qualified applicants are to apply by the deadline of December 14, 2016 of which, a pre-selected short list of applicants will be chosen by the Alliance Francaise and the French Embassy based on experience and skills
- Applicants from the pre – selected short list, will make a formal application to be submitted by mid January 2017
In the first phase applications are to be submitted with the following:
- A cover letter and a Curriculum Vitae
- A scanned copy of the National I. D.
- A copy of Undergraduate Degree
- A copy of French Language Certification
- A choice of French Territories they would like to reside in
The position will be for the duration of seven months starting at the beginning of October, 2017 to the end of April, 2018.
This program offers great opportunities for persons to acquire new skills in teaching and also exposes them to the Francophone culture.
The application for the English Language Assistant positions must arrive at Alliance Francaise, The Pyramid, Point Seraphine by December 14th, 2016 by hand or by email to pedagogieafslu.org addressed to Sabrina Lipoff, Deputy Director, The Alliance Francaise, Pt. Seraphine, Castries
For additional Information please contact: Alliance Francaise – (758) 452-6602
It is hoped that young persons who qualify, will take advantage of this great opportunity given by the CIEP through Alliance Francaise of Saint Lucia.