Ellen DeGeneres bans Kim Burrell

BBC:-Ellen DeGeneres has said Kim Burrell will not appear on her show after the gospel singer made homophobic comments.

Burrell referred to “the perverted homosexual spirit” during a sermon at a church in Houston, Texas.

She had been due to sing with Pharrell Williams on The Ellen DeGeneres Show later this week.

But the talk show host, who is a well-known advocate of gay rights, tweeted: “For those asking, Kim Burrell will not be appearing on my show.”

DeGeneres had been asked by fans to cancel Burrell’s planned appearance and an online petition was launched.

In a video published after the sermon, Burrell said: “I love you and God loves you but God hates the sin in you and me.”

“I never said all gays were going to hell. I never said ‘LGBT’… I said ‘SIN’,” she said.

“To every person who is dealing with the homosexual spirit, that has it, I love you and God loves you but God hates the sin in you and me. Anything that is against the nature of God.”

She added “enemies” had posted only a portion of her original speech.

Williams and Burrell had been due to sing their track I See Victory from the soundtrack of the film Hidden Figures on the chat show on Thursday.

The singer said she made “no excuses or apologies” for her comments.

1. Febert
    January 4, 2017 at 2:44 pm

She’s right.

1. Louise
      January 4, 2017 at 8:32 pm

Ellen is right. Kim is a typical, homophobic religious nutcase who uses religion to justify her own prejudice.

2. Louise
    January 4, 2017 at 8:29 pm

Typical homophobic religious nutcase, using (Word deleted) about ‘sin’ and ‘God’ as a scapegoat for her hateful comments.

1. SLUborn
      January 5, 2017 at 9:10 am

clearly you know nothing about God and like Ellen, have misunderstood what Kim said. She repeatedly said God hates the SIN and not the SINNER. there’s no prejudice in that. everyone sins aand is therefore guilty of what she spoke about. do some reading.

3. Faizal Hossen
    January 4, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Melbourne, Australia.

4. Faizal Hossen
    January 4, 2017 at 9:47 pm

Melbourne, Australia. Oh!oh!oh. Kim Burrell has no freedom of expression and in USA and many European countries, you have CONDITIONAL freedom of expression . You are not allowed to criticise the criminal and illegal activities of Zionists (after all, they owe all newspapers, TV’s, banks in USA and Europe) and can not be against gays, lesbians, same Sex marriages.