Mother of young shooting victim wants justice

The mother of the  young shooting victim, Dequan Joseph, who was gunned down Sunday in Bois Den, Jacmel, wants justice.

“I would like to let the person know that they kill my son; that my son had no problem with them whatsoever. They will get judgement for my son,” the mother said when asked what message she wanted to send to those who gunned down Dequan Joseph.

“Dequan was a loving child – a usual thing, all lil boys troublesome, but my son wasn’t in no gang – my son only comes by me on a weekend,” Wendy Joseph said of the former form five student of the Bocage Secondary School.

Joseph recalled awakening from sleep and hearing several gunshots being fired.

She told the Times that she later received a telephone call informing her that her sixteen year old son was dead.

Joseph said she went up the road to discover the young man’s bullet riddled body lying on the ground.

“There were two other guys fighting for their lives,” the distraught mother told the Times.

She said the two other shooting victims later died.

“What I understood was that the person actually came – there were several guys there doing barbecue as usual and my son was there and somebody just came and started shooting up everybody,” Joseph stated.

She said she was not sure how many shooters were involved.

January 9, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Rip myson

2. Sad-But-True
    January 9, 2017 at 2:02 pm

I wholeheartedly sympathise with you.
    I can assure you that we will overcome the real problem.

3. Sad-But-True
    January 9, 2017 at 2:03 pm

I whole-heartedly sympathise with you.
    I can assure you that we will overcome the real problem.

4. Sad-But-True
    January 9, 2017 at 2:04 pm

I do sympathize!

5. anonymous
    January 9, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Firstly…You do not know that you son was not in a gang. Notwithstanding this I agree that we need to bring these criminals to justice.

1. George Cyril
      January 10, 2017 at 12:06 am

Very conforming lines, you son of a batch wrote. Your day is soon to come. The mother knows her child; can you prove that he was in a gang?
      My dear lady, pray to God at this time of sorrows. Judge ye not,George that ye may not be judged.

1. George Cyril
        January 10, 2017 at 12:09 am

My dear lady, pray to God at this time of sorrows. Judge ye not, that ye may not be judged.

2. Nancy
        January 10, 2017 at 10:25 am

The comment was uncalled for, but i know for a FACT he was in a GANG! Also a notorious thief from Conway. I Know first hand, as i was a victim of several of his attempts. Little boy, grew up in the wrong place and his mom was also very complacent with him and his older brothers. Deep down she knows she has part to play in his lifestyle and possibly his demise.

6. anonymous
    January 9, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Be strong…You will find justice

January 9, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Always a good boy …. be mindful of the company u keep…. good boy hanging with bad boys….. smdh.

1. Nancy
      January 10, 2017 at 10:26 am

A Vorleh that was deh pal. Trust me, I know cause he try n rob us with his conway crew manyyy times.

January 9, 2017 at 2:46 pm

That boy was a good boy

9. Bullerboy
    January 9, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Sad RIP

January 9, 2017 at 2:51 pm

sells fish by the market he was trying eee r. I. P my bro

11. TC
    January 9, 2017 at 2:53 pm

ur’ll black women are are common disease. every thing is my son was a good boy when u know damn well the children are rotten. he was good to u but not to society.. learn that.

1. Angry
      January 9, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Like seriously… That’s ur response to a mother mourning the loss of her son who died so tragically??? Smh… Maybe u don’t have children but the table will sure turn if it hits home… Smh… Know when to say what!!!

2. Nobody
      January 9, 2017 at 6:45 pm

“Black” wats it with your racist comment???

January 9, 2017 at 2:54 pm

RIP Quan Dem kill me friend dem haffi dead back

January 9, 2017 at 2:56 pm

I dont like that man.. the killer you too will Die one day

January 9, 2017 at 2:59 pm

gobfind justice for my son, when you find it let me know

15. 666
    January 9, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Influential people should turn down their divisive rhetoric as well, because folks often follow their leaders. So politicians, preachers etc…STOP IT

January 9, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Ppl can at least be a little more sincere….put ur foot in the shoe b4 u beat ya (Word deleted)….whether he was in a gang or not…..if u can’t say something good keep ya (Word deleted) mouth shut……bunch os inconsiderate asses….a son will always b a son to a mother whethe he is good or bad…..but that don’t mean u have to share them type of views……ppl really need to be a little more considerate

17. Suzie
    January 9, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Sad you only saw him on weekends but HE WAS A GOOD BOY madame investigate first. Those we associate with say alot about us

January 9, 2017 at 3:11 pm

TC why u so ?? u talk like you dont have bad in u or know some one that ‘s cool with you but bad with with others . don’t judge.

19. Isco
    January 9, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Well Well Well ‘ Son’s Are Always Good Too Their Mom’s But Yuh Never Know What Dey Doing Out There Learn Thatt ‘ Never Judge a Book By It’s Cover ‘

20. Elma
    January 9, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Rip

21. Lio
    January 9, 2017 at 3:52 pm

May their souls rest in perfect peace and my God please takes the wheel from the enemy. Our young generation is living so soon. I sympathize with you mother, I am a mom and I have sons too. Being at the wrong place at the wrong time cost some their life. Lord have mercy

January 9, 2017 at 3:55 pm

It’s all base on how we mothers raise our kids these days, if can’t guide them right from wrong. How can we call our self mother’s? ? An that’s so sad

January 9, 2017 at 3:57 pm

U judging the book my yout

January 9, 2017 at 4:06 pm

ISCO STOP JUDGEING PEOPLE U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT

25. strawberry
    January 9, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Another young son still in da prime of his life,so sad 😢 RIP

26. Lucian act like humans
    January 9, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Smh…what that yute was doing nothing that yute was no gangter the ppl that like Ti do that hope urll have no kids or if urll don’t have don’t make…I lady has a rite to say her son was no gangter…cause he was not…I know that yute…u maybe use to smoking his lil weed but smokeing does not make him a gangter..so every body that get gun down was bad ….smh…I hope wen urll or urll families get hit urll say the same…I hope…I share tears with u Wendy…nooks …fresh…rip my Lil papa….glo in peace…

27. pumkin
    January 9, 2017 at 4:23 pm

RIP sweetie

28. Lists off
    January 9, 2017 at 5:10 pm

A woman is mourning her son and that’s all u can think about whether he was in a gang or not it doesn’t give the person the right to gun down no ones child,not because he only came by his mom on weekends doesn’t mean the mom didn’t know her son,typical Lucian’s he with no sin cast the first stone,may your soul rest in peace quan And to the family be strong

29. Blaqgoddess
    January 9, 2017 at 6:42 pm

R.I.P TO A LOVE ONE

30. a concerned citizen
    January 9, 2017 at 6:46 pm

r.i.p. don’t know you but everyone says u were a good lil boy.we want operation restore confidence back

31. STR8
    January 9, 2017 at 7:36 pm

TC I can’t believe dats wat u said,but the funny thing which parent would like to hear they son is killed, nun. The person that killed him will be killed my some1 else.

32. Small country, One love
    January 9, 2017 at 10:00 pm

At 16 years old we all have made a mistake where we look back and shake our heads. Our mistakes as minors could’ve gotten us killed or landed us in prison but we somehow escaped. Don’t go judging the kid. Sympathize with his mom, not bash her. (Unless he took the life of someone else’s child that you know of)

33. Shatt youte
    January 9, 2017 at 10:13 pm

RIP MY BOY YOU GONE NOT BE FORGOTTON

34. Lucia by birth
    January 9, 2017 at 11:25 pm

So sad rip dont no you but feel your mom pain.some of the comments are so crazy .we all are human we all have a heart but yet some of feel theirs are golden. Good to luck to all the bad comment

35. hmmmm
    January 10, 2017 at 12:15 am

I sympathize with the family for their loss but do a little background check on him from the bocage secondary school. Interview the principal ,vice principal, teachers and students about him.How many times his parents came to check on him at school? Why was he out of school when he suppose to be in form 5? These are just a few questions you need to find the answers to and you would be in a better position to know the type of kid he was. But i still don’t condone he being killed this way. Parents need to step up and guide their kids from young and rid of bad habits from early.

36. Jj
    January 10, 2017 at 6:19 am

D lil yute waz in the wrong place at the wrong time..he wasn’t in no gang the mom is being honest in what she is saying!!!

37. C.A.R.D
    January 10, 2017 at 7:42 am

Ignorant lucians alone stupid minded that’s y urll not reaching nowhere u urll have none good to say shut (Words deleted) up a yute just die think of it as ur brother father uncle or son how would urll feel it would still hurt whether they were bad or good in gang or not stop putting down urll own ppl speak about the homicides that need to stop love and prayers that’s what we need and r.I.p my boy and may the lord be with u my mummy to guide u through this time

January 10, 2017 at 11:33 am

OK st Lucia you some of you are just fools thank GOD l move out when I was 17 because l did not wants to have kids in st Lucia after you leave school all it had was old man looking at you next thing is babes now is guns i love st Lucia but not to live there he is MY sister son say all the bad things about him we will be ok hope when is your son you will no what is pain Rip my love we will meet one day

39. SAVE US
    January 10, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Does it mean that speaking the truth says you aren’t sympathetic? Call a spade a spade. No one is saying that one had any right to end the young man life, but let’s face it that’s the life style he choose. I have two sons myself. My son got beaten up so badly once just at the entrance of Conway. I blamed no one but him. Due to his association he suffered the consequence. Persons are not being judgemental it is what it is. We sometimes cast a blind eye to our children’s friends or in all honesty we are clueless as to the things they’re involved in.. There are so many wayward youths just roaming the streets and are a nuisance to society. We need to be honest with ourselves. Some parents are quite aware as I said of their children’s involvements. We need to first start by having real dialogue especially with our boys. Secondly we need to turn to God. Life outside of Christ is pointless. We need to lift up our children. Only by the mercies of God will we pull through.

40. Bert Cucu
    January 10, 2017 at 2:41 pm

So Nancy said he was a vorleh that means he was good to go I hate a thief!

41. Khayti
    January 10, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Whatever he was, no body had any right to take his life or the lives of anyone. It is so sad that St Lucia is a predominantly Christian country yet when tragedies like this happens every holier than though comes out and pronounces judgement. Whatever happened to “Thou shalt not kill?” There is a lack of respect for human life and that culture permeates society to the point where people accepts it as the solution to our problems. Who gave you the right to take the lives of others or to condone that kind of behavior? Does the fact that a person offends you permit you to take his or her life? Can you find any other way to deal with your differences? Wake up St Lucians!

42. Pastor Aboojah Lol
    January 10, 2017 at 6:36 pm

After all I have read good,bad, not so good, not so bad ,please take a moment stop and think of who is truly the bad guy out there. Who did left love ones mounting and took a precious your life. Mom take heart and be strong. Keep praying bcuz prays works miracles. 😇

January 10, 2017 at 10:11 pm