Distraught mother attempts suicide

A distraught mother attempted suicide this morning by consuming a corrosive substance, the woman’s daughter has told the Times.

The incident occurred at Desglo.

According to the 21-year old daughter, the family has been plagued with financial problems since her father died about a year ago.

The daughter told the Times that her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and has been coping with intense pain, adding to the family’s woes.

According to the young woman, she herself has been trying hard to obtain employment in order to bring in money,  but to no avail.

She said she found her mother at about 7 O’ clock this morning sitting at their home with a bottle of corrosive liquid at her feet.

The distraught older woman confessed to consuming some of the liquid, the daughter explained.

She daughter said she immediately summoned the emergency services and the police and her mother was rushed to hospital.

“They told me she might not make it,” the daughter lamented when asked about her mother’s current condition.

She is her mother’s only child.

January 23, 2017 at 3:09 pm

That is really sad 🙁

2. Sad-But-True
    January 23, 2017 at 3:09 pm

When will Evil Chastanet realise that it is on the country’s best interest that he resigns, pack his bags and return to his homeland, Martinique.
    You do this, and you will see an immediate change in this Islands bad fortunes.
    Like Tennyson John says, ‘Allez Allez Allez Allez.’
    Leave’

January 23, 2017 at 3:29 pm

how does this have anything to do with Chastanet……. is ppl like url that have the country in the mess it is in n all ur seem to do is blame government esp wen its not ur choice of party….. what have u done for ur country? y dont u offer some form of support with ur rubbish u saying….

1. Sad-But-True
        January 23, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Why should I support an Evil Establishment headed by Evil Chastanet?

January 23, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Sad-but-Foo is here again…sad-but-foo kenny paying you mun?…

2. Pankaiso
      January 23, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Sad But True ,why do you always have to try and upset me ,why do you speak such rubbish boy eh why do you will you continue to lay blame all the time simply because all your eyes see is red stars ,don’t you feel shameful how your father left with out saying good bye do you feel betrayed my son I am sure you do I now understand the reason for you foolish comments

3. ...
      January 23, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Sad-And-Mad… You are a sociopath who needs help

January 23, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Chastanet just reach so what’s ur point ???? Kenny was there for 5 years where the jobs ???? Smh. Yll quick to bring politics in every sauce smh. Anyway I’ll keep this family in my prayers and hope everything gets better.

3. [email protected]
    January 23, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Heart breaking

4. Sad-But-True
    January 23, 2017 at 3:11 pm

When will Evil Chastanet realise that it is in our country’s best interest that he resigns, pack his bags and return to his homeland, Martinique.
    You do this, and you will see an immediate change in this Islands Misfortunes.
    Like Tennyson John says, ‘Allez Allez Allez Allez.’
    Leave’

1. Child of god
      January 23, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Pot telling kettel his bottom black only because you are into evil u can say somebody doing evil.maybe u try something evil on chassnet and it did not work so u say he evil but the blood of Jesus is stronger than your evil self.

January 23, 2017 at 3:27 pm

St Lucia time need to put a stop to SAD-But True. This is the second article on SLT that this person is porting repetition of what I would consider nonsense.

1. Pankaiso
      January 23, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Boy you a so right Sad But True makes me sick to my stomach so I can understand how you feel I am beginnings to ask my self questions about him do you think it’s posiable that after one of Chastenet political meeting one night Sad But got home late one night and saw Allen feeding his mama with pig tail

January 23, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Sad but true keep your trap shut if you can’t say something positive There were so many suicide when the SLP was in power, were you blaming them?
    Is Chastenet the cause of the family financial problems and the lady’s breast cancer. Stop behaving like a fool, STOP the hate, lets love one another so out country will be a better place.

1. Sad-But-True
      January 23, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Not as many as we see today. It has quadrupled.

January 23, 2017 at 10:07 pm

SAD-STINKIN-POO

7. Hurting Inside
    January 23, 2017 at 3:33 pm

This story is indeed heart-wrenching! Sometimes life burdens become unbearable but we still have to hold on to hope to maintain some form of sanity. The economic situation of the country brings on untold suffering on some of us, in this case, desperation! Despite the odds, I hope she would survive.

January 23, 2017 at 3:37 pm

I am not blaming anyone for this but remember when kenny was in power everytime something like this happen he use the blame the doc. Just saying

9. Tired
    January 23, 2017 at 3:53 pm

The st Lucia times need to remove the trolls on this page. I am getting so turned off by the comments I want to stop reading your page. Start editing please. It is cheaper to keep a client than get new ones.

10. Tired
    January 23, 2017 at 3:55 pm

My heart is breaking for this family.

January 23, 2017 at 4:01 pm

Whilst some of you like to sit and blame whichever administration is heading the country…how about we as young person sit n think about the contributions we can make to our. Ousted and individual communities.we all suffer financial constraints,some worst than others.stretch a hand to a neighbor,a friend,family member even a stranger;you will be surprised as to how u helped that person ,etc.EDUCATE URSELVes instead of making foolish comments.you don’t know wat people go through on a daily basis some of us are stronger emotionally and some of us have ppl to help us and keep us stron so Sad-but-true (Words deleted)

12. Love
    January 23, 2017 at 4:14 pm

stop giving sad_but_true value, this is so sad as I have said before and I will continue to say money talks (Words deleted) .. the poor has no say in st Lucia and this is sad …. murderers walks free once their have money so what’s new … hope she makes it sad

13. Pankaiso
    January 23, 2017 at 4:37 pm

I think that we have lots consciousness as to who we a the rudder of our vessels have broken and we have no one on board who has the skills to fix it papers and degrees don’t fix things we need an able bodied navigator who has all the right skills one who can see ahead of time a man or woman who has the ability to take us home safely
    Discipline starts with the head let’s shif to plan B

January 23, 2017 at 4:45 pm

My god our ppl so small minded ppl.
    Omg Lord help my ppl.
    What the pm have to do with the lady actions.
    It time ppl stop posting fingers at the ministers when thing happened.
    We should come together and pray for each other.
    Lord help us all.😅🙄

15. Glitz
    January 23, 2017 at 5:04 pm

“Sad but true” jeeeeez man give the man a break.. Ur life must b real sad… Shameless mf

16. Unknown
    January 23, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Now the shoe on the other foot everybody vex. Why ? When it was the other administration people used to say the same so why get upset now? Everybody has their opinion.

1. Nubian
      January 24, 2017 at 8:25 pm

That’s right everyone has there own opinion..each to their own..my heart goes out to the daughter may get mother rest in eternal peace..bless her xx

17. NWA
    January 23, 2017 at 5:23 pm

sad but true…the problem is not evil chasnet…nor kenny or any minister of any island…its the federal reserve….kenny and dem is low grade puppets…obama,trump higher grade puppets…….the world was designed to be so!!!!…..(freemason quote..order out of chaos)….the yutes are bombarded with rap music abt fast life drugs and guns.movies too!!….the gurls are trained to be objects of sexual pleasure…ILLUMINATI is real and their agenda is goin as planned…it goes deeper than EVIL CHASNET!!!!. i wish u cud see the big picture

18. anonymous
    January 23, 2017 at 5:38 pm

So sad. Lord help us in this country. Heal our land.

January 23, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Sad

20. Cristal
    January 23, 2017 at 5:47 pm

She alone knew what she felt! So sad, she should’ve reached out though!

January 23, 2017 at 5:52 pm

I wonder how much money Kenny paying u to b such an incoherent fool?

January 23, 2017 at 5:53 pm

This is 4 sad but fake

January 23, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Sad-but-true is in search of attention and sadly, is getting it . once this person comments everyone forgets the topic at hand . its clear he always blames Chasnet no matter wat the situation is and that won’t change .

Anyway, young lady(daughter) be strong . I can relate somewhat to Ur situation, however pray hun, God is listening .

January 23, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Very sad stop the crap talk
    about the situation and everyone has they say

25. The Crow
    January 23, 2017 at 6:45 pm

Sad-But-True keep it up . . . I love it and I love their responses. Hahahahahah!

January 23, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Oh my sweetheart….I feel your pain so much and pray that I find a way to reach you to share with you what ever little I have….Telling you be strong Pierces my heart as I know it can be difficult but my child be strong somehow ……May the Lord bring us together.

27. off to work
    January 23, 2017 at 7:53 pm

You’ll really quick to defend people who don’t even know if you’ll exist (Words deleted)

28. Luvlucia
    January 23, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Sad-but-true y cant u go and educate urself instead of u sitting and writing nonsense about the PM. but anyway let us pray for the lady because there are lots of people struggling in st lucia and no one is stretching out a helping hand

January 23, 2017 at 9:08 pm

So sad. The economy is tough. I felt this one, and wht really aches me is that, we hv ppl tht can help. Financially. Or even giving a job. Ppl please help one another. Life will be much better. When u cnnt pay ur bills. No jobs, no income. It’s hard. I hope the Lord will give u strength. The one lady keep the faith. Just pray and believe, prayers do help. I can testify. God please help this family.

January 23, 2017 at 9:10 pm

We want america to take over st lucia. Let america take over pleasr

January 23, 2017 at 10:22 pm

What’s sad is there are more women out there going thru something similar to what she is going thru in silence it feels like you are suffocating daily yes we talk but when talking is done you quickly remember the problems you having lack of work sending in applications no response they say cry it helps for a short while no one knows no one cares and when you let them know you get gossiped about in group it hurts so bad mentality and physically what most of us have to go thru just to be able to have food to eat it’s heart wrenching but who cares unemployment is considered a sin in my world .

32. Tye
    January 23, 2017 at 11:55 pm

Sad but true shut ur mouth nonsense

January 24, 2017 at 4:22 am

The struggle is to real..at least implement a minimum wage…we are pleading and begging mr prime minister…while y’all pocket getting fat we deh suffering and struggling to make ends meet. Lord help this family only who feels it knows ! Jah know starr👍

January 24, 2017 at 6:48 am

So, a lady attempts suicide, b cuz she is overwhelmed with life’s problems and her daughter cant get a job to support them….how the hell a politics topic raise?. Like..dafuq! Well, this morning i chek my fridge and the milk box had a hole i didnt knkw about…all the milk fall in the fridge! Chastenet why? If was slp…i would be having cereal right now!

35. upset
    January 24, 2017 at 7:17 am

When will we Lucian stop blaming everything that happen in this country on politics, people please grow up

36. Vigilante
    January 24, 2017 at 9:44 am

It is a sad state of affairs. My heart aches for this family. No matter how vile you find Sad but Ture’s comments, the fact remains that Kenny was blamed for everything. I don’t see how Chastanet can’t be blamed here when there is a clear (cause – economic hardship) and (effect – desperation) relationship that has resulted in this tragic result. Where is Chastanet when people are killing themselves for lack of work and healthcare. He is responsible. Chastanet might as well have poured the poison down this woman’s throat

37. pissed
    January 24, 2017 at 10:07 am

This is such a sad situation. I pray for her daughter. She lost her dad and now her mom. We as a country need to pull together to help each other. As for you sad but true you are a fool. Suicides have been happening long before uwp won the elections. Are we going to blame chastenet for the suicides in ameroca too. We need to stop looking to put the blame on others and put it on ourselves. We have become lazy and expect the government to take up our slack. Get up people and do something instead of just talking. We are to blame not the government. We need to get on our knees because we are the ones to blame.

38. Vigilante
    January 24, 2017 at 11:37 am

Yes, but the spates of suicides in Babonneau was blamed on the then Government. When you get on your knees, try telling God the truth about what a big hippocrite you are.