Help offered to suicide victim’s daughter

Help offered to suicide victim’s daughter

The law firm, Cyril Landers and Associates, has reached out to help  21 year old Chantal Marshall, the daughter of suicide victim, Cecilia Daniel Marshall, 43,with an offer of employment.

Cecilia Daniel Marshall, who was reported to be overwhelmed by several problems including the recent death of her husband, financial woes and the challenge of coping with cancer, died last night at Victoria Hospital after consuming a poisonous substance yesterday morning at Desglo.

cecilia-daniel-marshall

(Cecilia Daniel Marshall)

Her daughter Chantal, who was busy today making arrangements for the funeral, told the Times that she was grateful for the offer of employment from the law firm.

The young woman indicated that she was willing to take up the offer after the funeral.

In addition to the job offer from Cyril Landers and Associates, there have reportedly been offers of financial help for the bereaved daughter from others as well.

Since the story broke, there has been an outpouring of sympathy for the family.

The daughter, a former student of the Ciceron Secondary School, disclosed that she had been looking for about a year, without success,  for employment so that she could assist her suffering mother.

A relative of the suicide victim explained that everything was done for the deceased.

“We went and see her, we fed her, we did everything for her,” the relative told Radio Caribbean International (RCI) today.

According to the relative, an aunt who took the lead in caring for the deceased fell ill.

Nevertheless the relative explained that the aunt still went to see Cecilia Daniel Marshall yesterday at the family home, but Marshall was at the hospital after having consumed the corrosive substance.

“I do not want people to believe that she had no family member taking care of her,” the relative told RCI’s Timothy Poleon during today’s edition of Newsspin.

The woman explained that family members were very concerned about Marshall.

She said Marshall was very depressed.

“Even seeing her, talking to her, when she answer you can see she was depressed but we never believe she would do that. You don’t know what’s in people’s mind,” the relative said.

Asked what lesson there was from the tragedy, she said:

“I believe sometimes you ask them questions and they don’t always tell you the right thing.”

She said that relatives have  been plunged into mourning as a result of the suicide.

“We’re down,” the woman declared.

January 24, 2017 at 6:05 pm Reply

I think that’s a great way Landers and Associates offered assistance.

2. LADY C
    January 24, 2017 at 6:26 pm Reply

My heartfelt condolences goes out 2 her family but i am happy dat het daughtzr was offered employment.

3. Concerned citizen
    January 24, 2017 at 6:28 pm Reply

Blessings to the law firm of Cyril Landers, because no I elbows what this young lady would have done later, losing her dad and mom, and she’s trying her best to get a job but with no success. You did the right move. God will surely bless you, at the same time give her what she deserve and don’t take advantage on her by making her work like a donkey for a small pay. God will not see you on this part.

January 24, 2017 at 6:34 pm Reply

That nice
    I’m.happy for her.
    Job well done it the law firm.
    That what we need in time problems.

January 24, 2017 at 6:34 pm Reply

To the law firm

January 24, 2017 at 6:42 pm Reply

My condolences dear child.

Sandals is opening up a new hotel in st Lucia jobs jobs jobs. Less people will be in her situation. Stop the negative talk against STEWART. I WORKED AT SANDALS BEFORE youall can too.

January 24, 2017 at 6:43 pm Reply

Sandals coming soon. jobs jobs jobs

8. Anon
    January 24, 2017 at 6:46 pm Reply

‘She had been looking for about a year, without success, for employment so that she could assist her suffering mother. ‘
    Breaks my heart so much, we put the rich in high positions to get richer whilst the poor remain suffering!! This government is NOT coming to the aid of the country’s people, the ones they only pretended to care so much for during elections. No political agenda, just straight up truth!

9. JFN
    January 24, 2017 at 6:52 pm Reply

I thought the young lady said she had no family to help. That made me angry to think she was abandoned by both sides of her family. I hope they comfort her as I know the void of losing both parents. What makes me mad is millions are spent in borbol whist we have no proper healtcare. Two wks ago i heard a dr. telling an elderly lady she had cancer. The lady enquiried about treatment and was told we have none you have to go to Barbados. I could not stop myself from crying. To make it worst the dr. asked who she lives with, she replied she is sound is alone with God. If I a stranger in the waiting room felt pain I cld only imagine her son who accompanied her. This story above is heartbreaking, I’m glad she is getting help. May we all assist her whether in prayers, money, hugs or whatever.

10. Vibz
    January 24, 2017 at 7:09 pm Reply

I’m really delighted that the daughter was offered a job. Kudos to the law firm! I am convinced that we are put here on this planet to help one another. Just want to let the relatives know that we feel your pain. Remember this, in every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Best of luck to you.

11. CJ
    January 24, 2017 at 7:39 pm Reply

I’m so happy you have a job now and I pray you receive counseling and all the help you deserve. Sometimes family offer help but just so much help but when it comes to all of ones needs…..it may not be met ….Caring for a household can take so much and in the ladies case she was dealing with grief, physical pain and financial issues. I don’t think anything bad about the family….One can only do so much at times. My heart just goes out to the daughter for having all this to deal with….May God be with her. Cyril Landers and associates thank you for taking her in on your team.God bless you tremendously. To the family find comfort…..You tried in whatever way you could ….We all know that it isn’t easy. God bless you all.

January 24, 2017 at 8:32 pm Reply

Life is hard and sometimes when you ask for help people say so much, especially when you use to live a certain way before you became ill. My mom is a cancer patient as well and thank God for good family. Our health care sucks big time, no help. All they offer is chemotherapy which i think kills you faster any other treatment you have to travel to get it done. Doctors barely care about you and they’re not very sympathetic but the greatest physician is the great man from up above, trust and keep your faith in him. He will never fail you.

January 24, 2017 at 8:48 pm Reply

Chantal. The only thing I can say right how is be strong. Be strong. Be strong. tears.

January 24, 2017 at 8:59 pm Reply

R.I.P. Cecilia .I’m happy that she was offered a job But it’s sad that she had to lose her mother in order for her to get a job. Good luck dear child.

15. h
    January 24, 2017 at 9:25 pm Reply

I am lost for words don’t know what u are going thru all I can say is my sympathy goes out to you and be strong my girl be strong

16. True lucian
    January 24, 2017 at 9:30 pm Reply

If anyone knows this young lady and a way I can get in touch with her I live in the states please I would like to be of help contact me my name is true Lucian on Facebook please.

January 24, 2017 at 9:47 pm Reply

The capitalist system is responsible for thr decay of the social fabric of the nation to many people have nothing very few people comtrol all the wealth the chastanet the du boulays and the elite who live in cap estate rodney bay and borne terre have millions of EC dollars in the foreign banks

18. Jean Latair
    January 24, 2017 at 11:42 pm Reply

This is what I call sacrifice. This is how far it had to get for people to realize the magnitude of the problem (poverty).I hope there is life after death so your mom can be recognized for saving your life. Be wise young lady for there are vultures out there waiting to prey on you. Wisdom to you.

19. VR
    January 25, 2017 at 5:43 am Reply

To many times we look at the picture and see just what we want to see but the fact of the matter here is so sad it hurts that a young woman who have lost the breadwinner in the family can’t get any assistant from the government to help sustain her family ..this is so sad what part do the NIC play in peoples lives sorry to say but this is it the ones we put in power are not the ones crying its time we look out for each other and put all references aside and let each one help one …thanks to the lawyer who gave her work but is she the only one out there in the county that’s in need of help ???

20. So sorry.
    January 25, 2017 at 8:44 am Reply

So so sorry for their loss. May angels support you dear child in all your needs.

January 25, 2017 at 11:26 am Reply

be strong my girl god has yourrbback his the only one that can get u through this trust in him.

January 25, 2017 at 11:29 am Reply

thanks to the law firm that gave u a job hope it helps u get through im life may god bless, guide and protect u one love

23. Sharon terrell
    January 25, 2017 at 12:09 pm Reply

Happy People thanks to the law firm u have done a great deed.To the young lady u are blessed,we all lose people in our lives but i know its a double blow for you,but the angels are being sent.Turn to God find possitive people to see you through the rough times, also councelling and professional guidance will help.You will be in my prayers.