Woman dies after consuming corrosive liquid

Woman dies after consuming corrosive liquid

A 43 year old woman of Desglo died last night after reportedly consuming a corrosive liquid, relatives have confirmed.

The woman has been identified as Cecilia Daniel Marshall.

A close relative  told the Times that the deceased was distraught over a number of problems, including financial difficulties, the recent loss of her husband and her own battle with cancer.

She is reported to have consumed the corrosive liquid yesterday  morning and was taken to hospital.

According to information, the woman died last night at about 11 O’ clock.

January 24, 2017 at 8:15 am Reply

My heart goes out to her daughter.

2. Drake
    January 24, 2017 at 8:22 am Reply

Sad boy, tell me tho how does the picture of the house help, smh……my heart goes out to you young lady, hold ya head up, cry, cry some more and stand up…..you still have your life ahead of you…..blessings……

1. Mine
      January 24, 2017 at 8:31 am Reply

Amen

2. Outay C
      January 24, 2017 at 12:58 pm Reply

It tells you the living conditions some people are exposed to. Nothing to hide. Let the world know.

1. Drake
        January 24, 2017 at 2:36 pm Reply

I know the living conditions, i know it all too well, i know deglos, we should do more as a community for each other cuz the politicians doing for themselves and their friends, time for us to look out for our neighbours ……..

January 24, 2017 at 8:38 am Reply

Ifkr jake! I mean a pic of the family or the lady herself or even an aerial pic of deglois, wouldve sufficed. My heart goes out to the family. Unemployed, loss of ur mother…now u gotta think of funeral costs..sigh. I hope there is a collection or money pool where ppl can help, id like to know.

January 24, 2017 at 8:42 am Reply

Sad there is no help for the poor the goverments keep failing the people capitalism is a curse we need a revoulution to get rid of that fake administration in power

1. Praise
      January 24, 2017 at 9:14 am Reply

Agree

January 24, 2017 at 9:44 am Reply

I disagree with that comment,there is help u jus have to seek it sign up for it an all is well.I have been in a situation with a relative with cancer an there is help plus when he died I paid not a cent the state bury him so get urll facts right before u lot come on social media an blast the system.smh.

5. Samm
    January 24, 2017 at 9:07 am Reply

To lose both parent in less than a year is truly heartbreaking. I pray she finds comfort and strength. You are in our prayers darling.

6. Cristal
    January 24, 2017 at 9:07 am Reply

It is very sad moment. I hope the daughter has a good support system to help het through this grief. God protect her right now and send your.angels to protect her. My sympathies goes out to the daughter and het extended family!

7. Praise
    January 24, 2017 at 9:12 am Reply

Very heart broken,I pray that God Grace carry her through this trying times

January 24, 2017 at 9:14 am Reply

Anonymous
    I want to know why do some idle people sit back and all they see in their eyes is politics. Come on Lucians, its high time we stop this nonsense.
    A young lady had multiple issues, she decided to take her life, in what way is the government responsible for that.
    We need to pray for ourselves and also fir our families.

9. D Honourable
    January 24, 2017 at 9:18 am Reply

Very touching… I’m feeling the daughters pain 😢😢😢. Especially as a young person.. I ask that God will give you strength to get through this…
    When will we people realize suicide is not the answer.
    Prayer is the answer prayer works as long as you believe it might take time but it really works…

10. Sad
    January 24, 2017 at 9:25 am Reply

My heart goes out to you, her daughter. May the Heavenly Father see you through and strengthen you. So so sad!

11. Broken Hearted
    January 24, 2017 at 9:27 am Reply

I just want to express my deepest condolences to the family of the deceased, especially the daughter. May God bring some sort of relief to your aching soul. If there is ever a time for a government to intervene and help somebody is now. If there is ever a time the community needs to come together to lend a helping hand is now. Help for we know not the hour when our turn will come.

12. The Donald
    January 24, 2017 at 9:44 am Reply

Why dont we come togeather as a small nation and help her.Stop blaming the goverment for all our social problem.

13. A concern mother
    January 24, 2017 at 10:52 am Reply

Wheb will we educate ourselves on mental illness. She lost her husband, then cancer strake her body, and to make it worse financially don’t to take of herself and her bills. Her mind became weak and depression toke over the only way out the devil was showing is to take her life. That’s where a community comes in, we should have love and empathy for each other as a community. Find out how she was doing, ask her how can we help and when she relay to you all then seek the help for her from the government and other organizations. But you know what until it don’t hit home no one cares. Am sorry baby girl that you have to go through this tragic time, am praying for you and will help in whatever way that i can. Stay strong and reach out to God He will see you through this time of great saddness.

January 24, 2017 at 10:56 am Reply

So sad! My heart goes to her daughter.. U will be in my prayers…

15. Heartbroken Citizen
    January 24, 2017 at 11:17 am Reply

It such a sad situation but many of our people in St Lucia face those moments when they feel suicide is the only way out. Depression takes a toll on somebody especially when they do not see a clear cut solution. Losing her husband, being diagnosed with cancer which most people see as a death sentence and having no financial support is a lot for one to face especially if they have no support. In no way am I saying what she did was right but for those thoughts to be far from your mind your faith must be strong and you must see the rainbow at the end of the tunnel. No government party can not be blamed in such incidents. I do sympathise with the young lady. I have experienced first hand suicide of a parent and it will be a tough road ahead for you my darling. You will ask yourself a lot of questions. Just pray to the almighty and he will get you through this difficult time. Cry if you have to, grieve the best way you know how. Speak to people do not be afraid to do so. You most definitely will be in my prayers.

16. Sad-But-True
    January 24, 2017 at 11:28 am Reply

Sue Evil Chastanet. He is responsible for all what you’re going through.

1. fsj
      January 24, 2017 at 12:11 pm Reply

U he just won’t give up. .. poor you… prayers goes you to..

January 24, 2017 at 1:06 pm Reply

Sweetheart all I can tell u is will get better it will take time.i can’t tell u I know what u going through because I have not been jn your shoes.but pray ,pray ,pray.God will take care of u.

18. Sara
    January 24, 2017 at 1:14 pm Reply

Gofundme anyone? Lets help change this young woman life

January 24, 2017 at 2:22 pm Reply

Your time will soon come SAD BUT TRUE and when it comes it will be SAD BUT TRUE.

20. Talk
    January 24, 2017 at 2:40 pm Reply

Sad indeed all yall that saying prayers why don’t yall give her some money and help her true it than to sit there and write a whole paragraph about how sad it is she can’t hear yall God in gon send down a bag of money, all the prayers you sending go bless the young woman with some money or food or even a comfortable place to sleep till things settle. .chupzz

21. lisa
    January 24, 2017 at 3:02 pm Reply

this is heartbreaking…When you think you got it bad, there are more depressing situations, stretch out lend a helping hand. This what this world needs

January 24, 2017 at 4:06 pm Reply

Agree ,let’s go fund me that’s the perfect situation it.

23. Humble
    January 24, 2017 at 4:13 pm Reply

May God give you strength daughter in this difficult time

January 24, 2017 at 5:08 pm Reply

Tragic. Perhaps if we had National Heath Insurance she would have been able to cope with her difficult circumstances.

January 24, 2017 at 5:11 pm Reply

May her soul rest in perfect peace she’s in a better place now
    Be stronge my girl I know how hard it is losingboth parents

January 24, 2017 at 5:31 pm Reply

May God give the family strength.

27. Ginny Cenac
    January 24, 2017 at 5:45 pm Reply

There are three reasons being speculated for the demise of this lady. We will never know for sure the real one she is taking to the grave. However one or two of them may have had a traumatic effect on her mental state.
    As an advocate for Breast Cancer I will take the liberty of attaching that diagnosis as the catalyst Women must be reassured that Breast Cancer is not necessarily a death sentence. Early detection and awareness is key to staying a few steps ahead and can add more time to your life. To the daughter, may God family friends and good people come to your aid.

28. king
    January 25, 2017 at 5:06 am Reply

This is a Sad situation with the state of Health Care in saint Lucia, I can understand health Care is not free however when you tell me the Government of the country can fork-out million of dollars to buy luxury vehicles for their comfort rides for the Ministries and citizens cant have access to basic health care

29. Dacobs
    January 26, 2017 at 2:54 pm Reply

the boot is now on the other foot and suddenly it don’t taste as before.

30. Dacobs
    January 26, 2017 at 3:53 pm Reply

chastanet has the propensity to tell lies.