Mother seeks funds for baby’s surgery

Mother seeks funds for baby’s surgery

Christal Jorney, 30, is appealing for urgent  financial help to pay for her baby’s surgery.

Jorney told the Times that the child, her first,  was born in August with a cleft palate.

Later, Doctors discovered that the child’s heart was abnormal.

“She now has two holes in her heart, she also has a heart murmur and apart from the cleft palate, one of her hip bones is out of place,” the mother explained.

Jorney said the situation is very hard for her to bear.

cristal-jorney

(Christal Jorney)

She told the Times that she was informed that corrective surgery on baby Toya Jorney will cost over $US 20,000.

“We were seeking assistance from the government but up to now they haven’t. We have written a letter to them but we have not received any assistance as yet,” The Trois Pitons, Castries, resident noted.

She disclosed that the surgery on her child has been scheduled for March.

“My dad is a bus driver – he is the only one working and my husband is the only one working as well to give support,” Jorney said when asked about assistance from her relatives.

She explained that she has been trying to raise funds on her own by selling food.

However the concerned mother told the Times that the money raised is insufficient.

“March is almost here,” she told the Times.

Jorney has said that persons wishing to assist can call telephone number 7296461.

January 25, 2017 at 7:58 pm Reply

We need Universal or National Health Insurance now!

2. smh
    January 25, 2017 at 8:33 pm Reply

u mean to tell me since august the child born n now alone u asking for assistance smh, and march almost there wow!

3. smh
    January 25, 2017 at 8:43 pm Reply

wow

4. Calyx
    January 26, 2017 at 12:36 am Reply

The Prime Minister should get that baby the necessary funds for an immediate operation oversees as we speak, and I mean now, this very moment. 🚑✈️🚡
    SMH.

5. Mary
    January 26, 2017 at 6:56 am Reply

Do you know how many persons in st Lucia with or without kids who has a huge medical bill in st Lucia. Government cannot just foot the bill for all. I know it’s a sad situation but some of us have to go the extra mile to raise funds and also seek assistance from private companies. May she get the help she needs though and a photo of her holding the baby might look more appropriate.#myopinion#

6. Jeff
    January 26, 2017 at 8:42 am Reply

I mean afterall if any1 is to assist just assist I can guarantee we all have kids we are all human and at sum point in time we all will need help sum assistance smh

January 26, 2017 at 8:45 am Reply

This is true .in a case like tres she needs true st lucían public recaude our healthcare sytem dont do hire purchase

8. Louise
    January 26, 2017 at 9:18 am Reply

Bank account number is needed with details of the hospital

9. Sherine
    January 26, 2017 at 10:26 am Reply

I for instance can help but I can’t just give this Lady my money and sometimes it’s not used for the purpose it supposed to . The only way is if she hasthe hospital information I can always use it to send the funds directly but as far as giving my hard earned money in her hands not gonna happen. And the other thing is the hospital has to give the right amount of money this baby needs instead of saying over that amount and the hospital should have an account to receive the funds then l don’t mind helping as much as l can

10. Lucian's
    January 26, 2017 at 11:50 am Reply

Some ppl are ridiculous its a child that needs help .keep the negative comments to ull self .if u don’t want to assist that’s your choice but just remember we all humans n we all need some body to help us along the way

January 26, 2017 at 2:55 pm Reply

Ikr.. like the person who said about “since August the child born now u seeking help” I mean really 😤

11. concerned
    January 26, 2017 at 1:06 pm Reply

Ms Jorney, my sympathy goes out to you. I know this will be a long term situation because baby will need multiple surgeries thru her life. So first of all put your complete trust in God to strengthen you and ask for wisdom to make the right decisions. I don’t know who is your doctor but I know Dr Hughes from Anguilla is a plastic surgeon who has fixed cleft lip and he’s good.

January 26, 2017 at 7:13 pm Reply

I am so disappointed by some comments.