Tumour patient seeks financial help

Tumour patient seeks financial help

Tumour patient, Layne Jean, has a cheerful voice and wears a smile as he speaks, but he told the Times that his heart is sad.

Jean can easily be mistaken for someone much younger, when in fact he is twenty-one years old.

The Grande Riviere, Gros Islet resident has a history of neurofibromatosis,  a condition characterized by changes in skin coloring  and the growth of tumors along nerves in the skin, brain, and other parts of the body.

Jean also has a  worsening deformity to his spine and needs urgent corrective surgery which, according to information, cannot be done in Saint Lucia.

layne-jean-2

The tumour partient had previous surgery in Martinique which left him wheelchair bound.

Now he is seeking financial assistance to get medical attention in the United States.

Jean told the times he had his condition since he was a baby.

layne-jean-1

“It affects me a lot. Since I was going to school I cannot walk – each time I was walking, I falling,” he explained.

He recalled that when he was a baby, he underwent a surgical operation in Saint Lucia and another later on in Martinique when he was nine years old.

“Right now my spine is all outside, my feet are hurting me – they told me they cannot do nothing for me in Saint Lucia,” Jean stated.

The former Grande Riviere Primary School student recalled that as a result of his problem, he was forced to drop out of school at around eleven years of age.

“Sometimes I don’t let it bother me,” he said brightly, but quickly added “But in my heart I have sadness.”

The eighth of nine children in his family told the Times he is quite distressed because he has to always depend on others to assist him.

“I feel sometimes I can’t take it again,” he told the Times.

Persons wishing to assist  tumour patient Layne Jean can call +1 (758) 520-3957.  The Bank of Saint Lucia Account is 930143177.

January 29, 2017 at 2:54 pm Reply

Sad to say not one comment from any persons if it was a government minister affair their wouldn’t have enough space in this medium for comments.

January 29, 2017 at 3:00 pm Reply

That’s the way life goes. It’s very easy to bad talk one another and very hard to support one another. Thats the tradition of this country.

3. Lawyer lier tiff
    January 29, 2017 at 3:34 pm Reply

Hey bro
    If u can out up the account number and bank please

January 29, 2017 at 3:39 pm Reply

I want to help. Plz give info

5. keeping it real
    January 29, 2017 at 3:43 pm Reply

Yes ur…. if was people business they would comment …they waiting for him to die first to make it happen….so Lucian are.

6. Latoya Claudia and
    January 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm Reply

I pray that God gives him what he wants u are God’s child he sees ur pain my child be while God is with u. I am praying for you.

7. Danny Felix
    January 29, 2017 at 4:13 pm Reply

That’s dad seeing him in that way but god there with him in anyway I could help him I would but will pray for him.

January 29, 2017 at 4:23 pm Reply

Oh my thank God some else has seen this beautiful soul and has taken the time to go to the media with it. Years ago I took him to the media and the same TV station that aired the story, was the same TV station that aired the expert testimony of doctor jeebir “saying I had no authority to take the child from his mother.” Without first investigating the matter. I never stopped praying for you Lane. I know there is hope.
    I am sorry I couldn’t have stayed St. Lucia to fight that case but u were still able to get a place to stay and I will forever be greatful to the people of st. Lucia for responding to your needs.
    I will do whatever I can to assist you my boy.
    Your friend
    Linda.

January 29, 2017 at 4:29 pm Reply

An account info would be nice and a dance or something else where does who can’t give much can do their part

January 29, 2017 at 4:37 pm Reply

The government should have a fund somewhere to help those in need like this young man. All the tax money thats what they should be doing with it.

January 29, 2017 at 4:43 pm Reply

God must take care of u my boy i am praying for u

12. fpjean
    January 29, 2017 at 4:48 pm Reply

New this and New that but our health care still sucks we. Still hv to travel aboard to seek serious medical help wake up st Lucia this is not fair to citizens with all the vat monies and forien donations make better days come to pass

January 29, 2017 at 4:54 pm Reply

There is a hospital in the states where he can get free treatment but I forgot their name. Also st Jude normally has visiting doctors. They can be consulted as to the way forward.

14. Family
    January 29, 2017 at 4:55 pm Reply

Lane is my cousin and such a beautiful young man. Always smiling and forever kind. It breaks my heart but God is good.

January 29, 2017 at 4:57 pm Reply

Liars came to. Say durine elections better health sytem better this better that now we Still hv no healthcare system to help our own here still hv to travel aboard new hospital still hv to travel abroad Luciana open open your eyes wider please plus vat what is really going on to help the venerable it’s so sad

16. Sherine
    January 29, 2017 at 5:02 pm Reply

An account number will be great. So sad and he still keeps on smiling….. That’s a positive attitude l admire. I am willing to help so an account nnumber will do just fine

January 29, 2017 at 5:21 pm Reply

Please go to ncf they raise fund for people who can’t afford medical treatment

18. Helpful
    January 29, 2017 at 6:00 pm Reply

Please go to the Bexon Health Center and ask the nurses about the WPP(World Pediatric Project). It’s for children from infant up to 21 yrs. St. Lucian families get medical help for free.
    This is urgent so please enquire ASAP!!! Or call Dr Jacquiline Bird at Tapion Hospital.

January 29, 2017 at 8:49 pm Reply

My prays are with u my boy sad to hear and read about u.

January 29, 2017 at 10:01 pm Reply

Bank information I will help

January 29, 2017 at 11:24 pm Reply

Is there a gofund me page ..?

22. Freddy
    January 30, 2017 at 12:28 am Reply

I am willing to help to day is yours tomorrow is mine God is good

23. Paula.
    January 30, 2017 at 1:38 am Reply

Hi can i get an account number or phone number i would love to help. I live in Guadeloupe.

January 30, 2017 at 8:38 am Reply

PLEASE pray for that Boy

January 30, 2017 at 9:24 am Reply

An account number would be of great help.

January 30, 2017 at 10:38 am Reply

Even in this young man ‘s predicament these political creeps switch the humiliation st Lucian’s has had to endure throughout the years,now ur’ll want to make it a surprise. God is good though and this time in 2017 god will see u through ur pain ,god bless you.

January 30, 2017 at 11:48 am Reply

Hello I am the first commentor
    It’s so good to to see and hear those comments from various persons. Offering and promising let me say this whilst the grass is growing the horse is staving. To some Of the commentors. No need to cretisize. Any body; government or otherwise. Stop looking at what others who can help the kid.. play your own part.
    Thanks to those who can help him.
    He’s the son Of the soil.

June 16, 2017 at 6:38 pm Reply

Amen for that

January 30, 2017 at 7:53 pm Reply

Can someone set up a Go Fund Me page on his behalf? Would like to help.

January 30, 2017 at 7:55 pm Reply

Or provide an account number where donations can be made.

February 2, 2017 at 12:16 am Reply

There is an account number. Last thing on the story is a phone number and an account number at Bank of Saint Lucia

30. patience
    January 31, 2017 at 3:25 pm Reply

almighty God am asking of u to place your healing hands over this young man an I kno by your grace he will be healed in the name of Jesus.Amen

January 31, 2017 at 8:50 pm Reply

Since the airing on 01.29.2017, calling the number but going to voicemail. I was brought to tears when I saw this wonderful young man on tv. Please provide bank account details as I and my family in the UK want to help. I will keep trying to get through as I would also like to offer some words of encouragement. God bless you and your family.

January 31, 2017 at 11:16 pm Reply

Will be praying for you my brother. I ask our Father to provide your every need

February 5, 2017 at 1:06 pm Reply

Can someone set up a Go Fund Me page on his behalf?

February 5, 2017 at 1:07 pm Reply

Set up a Go Fund Me page on his behalf?

February 5, 2017 at 1:08 pm Reply

create a Go Fund Me on his behalf? Would like to help.

February 5, 2017 at 1:08 pm Reply

Here is a link to go fund me…https://www.gofundme.com/medical-fundraising

February 5, 2017 at 1:09 pm Reply

38. Tom
    February 7, 2017 at 3:43 am Reply

There are countless countries and medical facilities in this world of ours which might not cost a thing. It’s just a matter for leaders of our country, be elected or not to pull the strings to make this boy’s life better. It’s no secret that in most Caribbean islands it’s survival of the fittest when it comes to medical conditions as our facilities are not equipped to deal with sometimes the simplest of issues.

It’s sad. Leaders do something, make it happen and don’t leave it up to the ordinary Joe on the streets to raise the funds, we all know that might be too late.