Pedestrian hit by truck on Sans Souci bridge

Pedestrian hit by truck on Sans Souci bridge

A young pedestrian was hit by a truck this evening on the Sans Souci bridge.

It is reported that the man, estimated to be in his twenties, was seriously injured and bled profusely on the sidewalk.

There were also blood stains on the front left side of the truck which collided with him.

The injured pedestrian was transported to Victoria Hospital via ambulance, where emergency officials reported that he was pronounced dead.

The circumstances surrounding the incident, which persons on the scene said occurred at around 8 pm, were not immediately clear.

1. So sad
    January 30, 2017 at 9:31 pm Reply

That so sad o my father. Please. Help St. πŸ‡±πŸ‡¨ Lucia our fair Helen these reckless drivers

1. Out of the country
      January 30, 2017 at 10:00 pm Reply

Really accidentsorry happen. Be considerate and pray for the family that lost a love one and the driver.

January 31, 2017 at 6:28 am Reply

That has nothing to do with reckless drivers that not been proven anyway,we jus have to leave that as an accident.because some of the pedestrian doesn’t indicate to the driver that they want to cross they just do

1. El jefe
        January 31, 2017 at 7:01 am Reply

I agree these fools just walk in the road like they untouchable.

January 31, 2017 at 7:57 am Reply

El jefe u a heffer 4 mekin dt comment SOMEONE IS DEAD N furthermore ppl dont linger wen they see trucks FOH if u no wat dt meansπŸ˜‚πŸ˜•

January 31, 2017 at 7:58 am Reply

At 8pm he jus crossed IT SEEMS HE THOUGHT THE DRIVER HAD BIONIC EYES CHPZ U WERENT DEH SO SHUT UP

February 16, 2017 at 2:20 pm Reply

Just for some people that dont have a heart Zane Philip father is at the hospital 3 days from now the death of his son drive him down i pray that god help him and my familys

January 30, 2017 at 9:49 pm Reply

Lord, strengthen the families of both of them.

January 31, 2017 at 2:02 am Reply

Thanks his my brother the only 1 by my mother and someone take him always my is in pain i love my brother to much my heart my love my friend someone take him from us

January 30, 2017 at 10:24 pm Reply

I find it so dangerous trying to cross there please put a crossing for people to cross

January 30, 2017 at 10:41 pm Reply

It could be his fault and not the driver and not all drivers are reckless

January 30, 2017 at 10:41 pm Reply

I pray that the family finds strength in Your powerful name oh Lord.

January 30, 2017 at 11:09 pm Reply

So sad may give the family the strength they need to keep on leaving. Rip young man

7. be strong
    January 30, 2017 at 11:31 pm Reply

So sorry for this young man, the driver and their families. May friends, family and God comfort you all at this difficult time.

8. Wab
    January 31, 2017 at 5:37 am Reply

Sad but true stop making yourself a jackass and speak some sense. You are taking every thing as a joke.

January 31, 2017 at 5:50 am Reply

St. Lucian
    Sad-but-true. Tell me something, are you jealous of our PM.
    I suspect you may have had an agenda for him which he did not comply to. Poor jab for you. Worthless brat. Find a life for yourself, that will be better for you and your family.
    YOU NEED PRAYERS ROUND THE CLOCK!

January 31, 2017 at 5:58 am Reply

This is sad to know and I pray for both families. Evening if we are driving with due care and attention it is not standard to have crossing on bridges plus there is a crossing at the traffic light for us to use. The bridge has foot paths and as such we all should pay attention and know the lighting is poor on the bridge

11. GiveUp
    January 31, 2017 at 6:26 am Reply

Rest up bro. But “sad but true” these comment you making on chastnet cant really have any sort of impact currently. It pointless g give up

12. Concerned .
    January 31, 2017 at 7:26 am Reply

This driver has a clean driving record for 41 years …people accidents do happen and let’s treat it as it is…an accident nothing more nothing less.my condolences to the young man’s family and may God strengthen the driver and his family .

13. Fireman
    January 31, 2017 at 8:47 am Reply

Lets nominate sad but true as donkey of the year . no respect for the families involved such a (DA)

January 31, 2017 at 10:34 am Reply

Just pa we pon sa lop la. He’s one Of slp gooroos.

15. Pissed
    January 31, 2017 at 12:40 pm Reply

You need to shut up. Not everything that happens in st.lucia is based I politics. Someone died for Christ sake. 😠😠😠

January 31, 2017 at 10:31 pm Reply

what (Words deleted) are your’ll talking about he was never crossing the road,he was walking to town when the struck started speeding to the lights and then hit him on the sidewalk of the bridge your’ll (Words deleted) would say anything in this country dumb (Word deleted)people the driver was wrong speeding on the bridge like that