Parliamentary Commissioner appointed

A Parliamentary Commissioner in the person of Doctor Hilda Rosemarie Husbands-Mathurin has been appointed by Governor General, Dame Pearlette Louisy.

Doctor Husbands-Mathurin  took the oath of office this morning before the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Honourable Leonne Theodore-John, in accordance to Section 110(3) of The Constitution.

The ceremony took place in the Members’ Lounge at Parliament Building, Laborie Street, Castries.

Dr. Husbands-Mathurin previously served as both  President of the Senate and Speaker of the House of Assembly respectively.

The Office of Parliament has extended congratulations to her  and wished her the very best in her new appointment.

The office said it looks forward to working with the new Parliamentary Commissioner.

The constitution of Saint Lucia says with regard to the Parliamentary Commissioner’s functions:

“The principal functions of the Parliamentary Commissioner shall be to investigate any decision or recommendation made including any advice give or recommendation made to a Minister, or any act done or omitted by any department of government or any other authority to which this section applies, or by officers or member of such a department or authority, being action taken in exercise of the administrative functions of that department or authority.”

1. francine
    February 1, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Leon do you remember Bargain center? And home wrecker?

2. Pankaiso
    February 2, 2017 at 7:06 am

Job for the girls in power

1. James
      February 2, 2017 at 8:53 am

The Dame’s friend. Always recommending her for a Government job.

3. Matthew Alexander
    February 2, 2017 at 9:29 am

There’s really no justice in this land. Even the post such importance of Parliamentary Commissioner is politicised. Can I really go to this Commissioner if I am not UWP with a politically charged problem and get justice?

1. Saint Lucian
      February 2, 2017 at 11:40 am

Do you have another suggestions Matthew Alexander? The problem with us is that we like to criticize for the sake of criticizing. Suggest someone else and take it to the relevant authorities. Thank you.

February 2, 2017 at 2:03 pm

With all these posting I starting to think I am ignorant of lots of things. Can you please educate or inform me of the politics in this appointment, cause I am not seeing it. I have followed the politics of St Lucia and I never seen this Lady directly involved in any partisan politics. Isn’t the Lady qualify for the job? Are you recommending that they give the job to someone on the other side?

February 2, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Agree

4. Saint Lucian
    February 2, 2017 at 11:39 am

Excellent appointment. Congratulations.

February 2, 2017 at 11:55 am

Congratulations Dr Mathurin! I know you will do an excellent job!

6. Selah
    February 2, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Yepeeee!! Great appointment!! CONGRATULATIONS Mrs. Mathurin!! I know you will do a fantastic job being objective. God bless you and protect you on this new position.

February 2, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Mrs Mathurin!
    Please ignore these envious and jealous comments posted by these losers who are going nowhere!

8. Tim Brumwell
    June 29, 2017 at 12:37 pm

I met Mrs. Mathurin a few years ago while changing planes at O’Hare. Since then, my wife and I have enjoyed her company on a variety of occasions. I am politically active on many levels at home (Canada). I have found her to be knowledgeable of many topics and well capable to discuss items of mutual interest and offer insight that I may have otherwise missed. She is a delight to know. You have done well to have her in this position.