Father stabbed to death at Pavee

Father stabbed to death at Pavee

A Pavee resident is dead this morning after being stabbed in the abdomen, allegedly by his son.

The deceased has been identified as Charles Augustin.

Christopher Smith, who is one of the sons of the deceased, told the Times that his father was involved in an argument since yesterday with another son.

christopher-smith

(Christopher Smith)

Smith said when he got home he saw one of his siblings in an argument with the deceased.

“I tell my father, ‘what going on home?’ I tell my father : ‘Daddy, what dah man have in you garcon. You is a big man, dah man can’t have you on that. The last time de man stab you and thing garcon and you having dah man taking edge on you, you check it?’  So I tell my father ‘Garcon like wah! So it stay?'” Smith told the Times.

He said later he hard a big commotion.

“I go downstairs. I watch through the louvres first, you check. I seeing my brother in the yard. So when I reach outside, I don’t see him – he run. When I go downstairs, I seeing my father on the ground laying down and bleeding and all kinda thing so,” Smith said.

He said his father was dead.

Smith described his father as an old man who works hard for his money.

“When my father get money and thing, my father does check on me – check on everybody. But when dem man make they money they don’t give my father nutting. If I do my lil hustle I go tell my father ‘ look’ you check,” Smith explained.

He said his father and mother have four children.

According to Smith, his father also has an adopted daughter.

Smith said  he had been threatened by his brother his brother who had the argument with their deceased father.

“He try and tell me he go chop me and all kinda thing. So I just say ‘you see dat. I done see is a trouble  ting  already. Police go hold me for dem man so I just go at my home,'” Smith said.

He said when he awoke this morning his father, who is 51 years old, was dead.

Saint Lucia has so far recorded 14 homicides for the year.

The  latest incident occurred at about 3: am, according to reports.

1. John doe
    February 3, 2017 at 7:59 am Reply

So why they have to write exactly what the boy was sayingoin with all the mistakes awa for the news e

1. tech
      February 3, 2017 at 8:43 am Reply

Exactly!!!!!The average person may not be able to understand this kind of slang. Reporters and or Writers should have a translation of slang to standard English. I’m not saying the slang is inappropriate, don’t get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with quoting a persons speech. It’s time we start to do things as professionals in this country. I cant believe a whole bunch of fools in this thread agree that this slang and broken English is OK to be taken to the media. Sometimes I wonder where we are going with this kind of philosophy and expect to better ourselves. What is this place becoming? Trails of consecutive homicides in such a short period of time.

February 3, 2017 at 10:45 am Reply

Wat really is ull point the crime or wat was said

February 3, 2017 at 9:02 pm Reply

my thoughts exactly

2. John Hippolyte
      February 3, 2017 at 10:08 am Reply

It’s written in direct speech and there’s nothing wrong in doing that. I am sure you understood everything that was said.

2. John Williams
    February 3, 2017 at 8:01 am Reply

Wah! Dats had to understand….check it.

3. Lucia
    February 3, 2017 at 8:08 am Reply

i like the way the actual account was typed such a sad story to many killings in Lucia

February 3, 2017 at 8:10 am Reply

So true, all this broken English give me a break.

1. Chaq
      February 3, 2017 at 8:21 am Reply

Major news platforms like Cnn does use direct narrative from people they interview as well.
      Get on with the times we are living in Lucians

February 3, 2017 at 9:15 am Reply

exactly it called reporting verbatim

5. Precious Life
    February 3, 2017 at 8:11 am Reply

The Peope have to quote the people correctly. Try to understand the slang of the generation. I understood every word he said. Take your time to read it. Very Sad another life had to end so violently.

February 3, 2017 at 8:15 am Reply

No everyone can read that nonsense talk ,you see I thought the media would be helpful curve the broken language which make our children do so bad in English when writing exams but they are now bringing it in the news smh. But anyway so sad sometimes it’s so hard to deal with your own children lord put a hand.

February 3, 2017 at 8:41 am Reply

dts not case rite now somone has lost their life

February 3, 2017 at 9:05 am Reply

You need help with your English as well with all those grammatical errors!

February 3, 2017 at 11:05 am Reply

Hello stop wasting time commenting bout the english a life was taken dats the issue just give the family support

7. Confused
    February 3, 2017 at 8:19 am Reply

The news reporters did a good job smh keep it up smh. Welcome the new English tought these days.( I prefer my old standard English tho )

8. Angella Charles
    February 3, 2017 at 8:22 am Reply

Who ever is writing this news could not edit the Newark shame on the people

February 3, 2017 at 8:24 am Reply

Y’all that complaining about broken English think y’all too high… Y’all should be teaching in Oxford University since u can’t relate to St. Lucian slang….

February 3, 2017 at 8:27 am Reply

Very sad story indeed, the news did nothing wrong by saying exactly what the young man was saying, no one will have any cause to say ” u didn’t say this or that’s not what I meant” the news did not misinterpret anything, I agree 100%

February 3, 2017 at 8:30 am Reply

Typo * “I didn’t say this”

February 3, 2017 at 8:40 am Reply

my down take on dat whole thing is at the moment you all should not be criticizing the guy we should focus on whats going on right now anyways such a sad story I think we should start having death penalty for less crimes

February 3, 2017 at 8:42 am Reply

Some of u’ll lucians think u’ll to high up there,and if u don’t understand what was written then u don’t belong in Lucia, by the way I wonder how Mary Francis does sleep in her bed..smh. u’ll lucians who oppose of death penalty not seeing is deliberately these ruthless criminals doing their act because there is no capital punishment..how many more lives have to taken before an example is being made of some of these heartless criminals.

February 3, 2017 at 9:06 am Reply

Mary Francis should change her occupation from HUMAN rights to CRIMINAL RIGHTS, the only damn time she can say something is when IMPACTS is involved or a ‘poor’ criminal is being mistreated, selling out the safety of the citizens of her own country, still waiting on her to talk about the people that are committing suicides, or maybe they are less human than the criminals she keep defending.

13. Joe Blo
    February 3, 2017 at 8:44 am Reply

Why do we learn to stick with issue

February 3, 2017 at 8:45 am Reply

There is nothing wrong with the colloquial language used. This was the way in which the young man spoke and it’s being reported verbatim that’s all. Many of our youth speak in this way on a daily basis. We cannot assume everyone can speak or write standard english.

15. Joe Blo
    February 3, 2017 at 8:45 am Reply

I mean why don’t we learn to stick with the issue.

16. General
    February 3, 2017 at 8:46 am Reply

I hope is not bompy.i used to work with ur paps bra.plz tell me is not bompy i just prayed asking God to wash saint lucia n as i look to my phone,nah man i hope is not bompy.

February 3, 2017 at 11:04 am Reply

Yes is bompy Charles 😞😞😞😞… So tragic tho! Was a really cool guy! I grew up with him…R.I.P. Bumping charles

February 3, 2017 at 8:56 am Reply

St Lucia Times did good by quoting the individual. Why are people finding issues with it? This is how many of the young St Lucia men speak nowadays. I do not know where they adopt this kind of language, but I know for sure the teachers never taught them to speak like that in school.
    For the hypocrite who say that it is hard to understand and have issues, when the Jamaican release their music y’all don’t critize and say you all can’t understand. All garbage y’all singing.

February 3, 2017 at 9:55 am Reply

How is Jamaicans u putting in u thing?

February 3, 2017 at 10:50 am Reply

Because most Jamaicans don’t speak standard English. Many St Lucians copy them.

February 3, 2017 at 10:05 am Reply

How is Jamaicans u putting in u thing? That’s the way a lot of u speaks so just stop it like u all from the USA. that we .so love we and be proud of the reporter. He Can spell a lot of u can’t. KMT. Rip

3. A Concerned Lucian.
      February 3, 2017 at 7:31 pm Reply

I agree with you dear. Some of the youth of today are not being taught moral values and respect for their parents.
      What happen to the days of strict parental control?
      These days kids are controlling their parents at such a tender age. Parents struggle to send them to school and they think, their parents are not doing enough.
      They leave school, where English is being taught but they refuse to drop the ghetto/ slang/ street talk and speak proper. I’m not saying everyone has the same level of education but they can do better. They copy all these artists with their vulgar songs, why not copy someone who speaks good English as well. What we are dealing with is a disheartening situation, but instead we are wasting time talking about the guys language. I’m not in favour of the news reporters editing anything anybody says as evidence, to suite the readers. Nonsense!!!
      If you go to the court of law,they record you as you speak.
      Anyways the bible says, children obey your parents in the lord so your days may be long and it also warn the parents to not provoke their children to wrath….. IT IS A SIN!!!
      We are definitely in the end times. May God have Mery on Us All.

18. Jane doe
    February 3, 2017 at 9:08 am Reply

Obviously…the reporter must put it as is….its a statement..he cannot change wat the man said an put it in standard english…smh..he had to say exactly wat d man said…yall lucians feel yall tooo Bright woooaye!!

February 3, 2017 at 9:18 am Reply

All of y’all are (Word deleted) hypocrites to say you can’t understand or have an issue with the st lucian slang quoted in the story when I bet 99% of y’all know and understand all kartel,mavado,popcaan, alkaline and every other jamacian artist y’all listen to everyday.No offense but (Words deleted) focus on the actual problem.

February 3, 2017 at 9:27 am Reply

You typical st.Lucian just don’t have any thing to say so you guy just had to criticised the slang in a which it was written. Shame on you’ll really poor towards this critical moment!!

21. Heather cornibert
    February 3, 2017 at 9:29 am Reply

Some lucian relly think they better than others if thats the way the guy can speak let him be and stop maki g fun of his speech at least he tried

1. ...
      February 3, 2017 at 9:45 am Reply

No one is making fun, if it was a televised interview then fine. If it was meant to be understood for quick reading, then why not rephrase.

February 3, 2017 at 11:15 am Reply

Yh plus his state of mind was maybe not there at the time after that experience

February 3, 2017 at 9:30 am Reply

Oh please that’s how you all talk so shut up

February 3, 2017 at 11:20 am Reply

Hope u can handle it if it reach ur doorstep alot of us out of situations so we always make negative comments

February 3, 2017 at 9:32 am Reply

You check it

February 3, 2017 at 9:32 am Reply

Instead of worrying about the language or slang, try worrying about the situation. St
    Lucia has a serious problem and in need of a remedy. People are to quick to take the easy way out. Who give you’ll the right to take someone else’s life? Who told you’ll that you’ll should play God and mess with his beautiful creations? Why are there so many heartless people walking the streets? People please learn to respect and love each other. I will continue to pray for the country.

February 3, 2017 at 9:33 am Reply

Lord have mercy un st lucia i am not coming home again to much killing it look like we in a cimpetition now and saying this is the 14 death

26. The Advocate
    February 3, 2017 at 9:34 am Reply

This is what happens when classes are not taken seriously. The following is not the best report. I dare say, it is better written as the reporting is more concise…

Saint Lucia records homicide number 14, for 2014, the third of three stabbing incidents for the month of February, with the latest incident having occurred at about 3am this morning.

According to reports, a Pavee resident is dead, after being stabbed, allegedly by his son, in the abdomen.

The deceased has been identified as 51 year old, Charles Augustin.

In an interview with Christopher Smith, son of the deceased, the Times has learnt that the father was, from yesterday, involved in an argument with another son.

According to Smith, ”I tell my father, ‘what going on home?’ I tell my father, ‘Daddy, what dah man have in you garcon. You is a big man, dah man can’t have you on that. The last time de man stab you and thing garcon and you having dah man taking edge on you, you check it?’ So I tell my father ‘Garcon like wah! So it stay?’”

Smith also confirmed that some time later, a big commotion was heard. He continued, “I go downstairs. I watch through the louvres first, you check. I seeing my brother in the yard. So when I reach outside, I don’t see him – he run. When I go downstairs, I seeing my father on the ground laying down and bleeding and all kinda thing so.”

By then, Augustin lay motionless, with no pulse recorded.

Smith said that his father and mother have four children. His father also has an adopted daughter.

He went on to describe his father as an ‘old’, hard working man.

“When my father get money and thing, my father does check on me – check on everybody. But when dem man make they money they don’t give my father nutting. If I do my lil hustle I go tell my father ‘ look’ you check.”

Smith admits that he has been threatened by his brother who had had the argument with their deceased father.

“He try and tell me he go chop me and all kinda thing. So I just say ‘you see dat, I done see is a trouble ting already.’ Police go hold me for dem man so I just go at my home.”

27. ...
    February 3, 2017 at 9:41 am Reply

Oh my goodness…I cant read half the article. So upsetting of the Times to do this! smh

February 3, 2017 at 9:42 am Reply

Our young men and women can’t give a proper report like seriously wow .We need to start praying more .

29. Cornbread
    February 3, 2017 at 9:43 am Reply

A life is lost and all some idiots can talk about is the way it was wrote….just shut up…rip to the dead

30. Lucian...
    February 3, 2017 at 9:46 am Reply

Another person has tragically lost their life but most of you here complaining about the fact that the guy was Quoted ,and his use of Slang???…Like Reallyyy?!?!

31. wondering
    February 3, 2017 at 9:50 am Reply

Ezra why you kill your dad

February 3, 2017 at 9:50 am Reply

It was wrote ? You just as as stupid As the rest. Go sit down somewhere CORNBREAD and it is “it was written “

February 3, 2017 at 9:58 am Reply

Very unfortunate situation when a PATRICIDE occurs.

February 3, 2017 at 10:03 am Reply

It was written as it was said.

35. Sadden Citizen
    February 3, 2017 at 10:04 am Reply

So sad that St. Lucians choose to dwell on the exact words from the guy who was interviewed rather than the fact a man lost his life by a child he brought into this world. This is a sad situation to kill your own parent who loved and brought you forth in life. This man is heartless. St. Lucia needs a lot of prayers. Too many murders being committed. We need to change the way we thing and act towards one another. RIP the Mr and my prayers and condolence goes out to his family and the rest of his kids in this difficult time.

February 3, 2017 at 10:18 am Reply

GM.
    Lord when it will stop.
    It ur dad ur heart did not fall to just walk away and let him b.
    Father help ur ppl.
    Blood of Jesus cover my entire fmly under the blood and friends, cleanse my island let Peace begin.
    Amen😘😅😆

37. Society
    February 3, 2017 at 10:19 am Reply

Where were u’ll when them so called educated stupid politicians was speakin broken english on u’ll political platforms…..stop being stupid……right in the house of parliament…u’ll ministers mixin patio with English…..st.lucia where people are educated but stupid…..smh

38. Eagleyez
    February 3, 2017 at 10:30 am Reply

Ooh my God, What’s taking place in our sweet Helen I keep wondering if Lucifer has released his dragons in St.Lucia cuz there’s too manyPrayer Warriors. My school mate,Heart felt Sympathy goes out to his family. So sad indeed, Son killing Father. Blood of Jesus over St.Lucia

February 3, 2017 at 10:32 am Reply

St. Luciana I am very disappointed in your behaviour. You all have stray from the point, the point there is someone’s life has been shorten has been taken away. Since when have we become creators of ourselves? Have you ever created someone from someone from nothing. Are you the Almighty? This I should be the subject and stop checking from grammatical errors. Neither of you are teachers. How many of you said may his soul rest in peace and pray for the soul of the dead and the conversion of the son. God bless all of you and think before you write your thoughts down

February 3, 2017 at 10:39 am Reply

Goodness, gracious! When will the slayings/killings stop in St. Lucia? Something is definitely wrong in this land. This is a situation that needs to be addressed urgently by the government. Yes, the government, they have a responsibility to the nation to protect it’s citizens. Something has got to be done!

41. Joans
    February 3, 2017 at 10:39 am Reply

It was very hard for me to understand. The word’s .

42. Babyboy
    February 3, 2017 at 10:55 am Reply

Another life has been taken and you guys r talking about how the story was writen.. 14 homicides for this year wow for st lucia that’s alot.
    They have to report the story as it is the same for police officers you have to write the statment how they said it to you.

February 3, 2017 at 11:17 am Reply

Bring back capital punishment ASAP.
    And also folging. .

44. TC
    February 3, 2017 at 11:17 am Reply

where is all the UWP mongrels , I know none of urll like to hear about politics but if it was kenny anthony that was there , they would be calling for everybody heads . Same here, Mr Francis should resign. nonsense. U putting measures only in Castries whilst ppl across the island dying like flies.

February 3, 2017 at 11:27 am Reply

I think the Police and Government should forget about the US and deal with the criminals accordingly……. Let the US keep their aids

46. Patou
    February 3, 2017 at 11:58 am Reply

Sad for my Helen of the West . Too many innocent dies

47. die young
    February 3, 2017 at 12:55 pm Reply

I can’t believe that all you English language expert use this tragedy as a platform to promote good vs hood English.. a Bible lesson such as honour your mother and father seems more appropriate at this time. Shame on you heartless academics !!!

48. Sharon terrell
    February 3, 2017 at 1:31 pm Reply

If somebody tell me they will chop me or kill me i will kill you first thing the police cannot save me it will be to late. I just pray you never go to bed and you have no kids,because they cannot save you.It will most definitely be you.These criminals cannot stop.My condolences go out to you the family.When someone threaten you make that your business.Make sure they die before you.Dont let them take you’ll life first (Word deleted)

February 3, 2017 at 2:15 pm Reply

Check it, is how De ting go down dem people must give it. Seen!

February 3, 2017 at 3:29 pm Reply

where is SAD -BUT -TRUE ON THIS ONE

February 3, 2017 at 3:44 pm Reply

This is indeed a tragedy that needs never to be condoned or repeated

52. Why
    February 3, 2017 at 7:06 pm Reply

At least your own father.he was the one who conceived you with your mother.u are not God and u taking a life.its time to hang killers here