Mother loses baby, accuses VH of neglect

Mother loses baby, accuses VH of neglect

A Ti Rocher, Castries woman has accused Victoria Hospital of neglect after losing her newborn baby boy on January 31, 2017.

Zilta Moncherry, 35, told the Times that she went to the hospital  where she told a nurse that she was experiencing pains and was informed that someone would tend to her.

Moncherry explained that after being tended to by a nurse and a Doctor, another nurse administered some medication.

The Ti Rocher resident recalled telling the nurse who was administering the medication that she was in pain.

“If the baby is coming, why are you all trying to stop it?” She recalled telling the nurse.

Moncherry told the Times that the nurse asked her why she believed there was space in the nursery for the baby that was on its way.

She said she was given medication for the contractions, but it apparently it did not work.

The mother said she eventually began experiencing excruciating pain, at which point her first daughter took her to the bathroom for a shower.

“When I came out, if the pain was at five before I went to the washroom, within minutes it was like eight – eight almost nine,” Moncherry explained.

She said when she returned to her bed, she told her husband, Greenidgeeli, that she wanted to go to the washroom.

Moncherry said while she sat on the toilet, she got the urge to stand up whereupon she began giving birth.

She told the Times that she alerted her husband and sent her daughter to call the nurse.

“Before even finishing that sentence, the baby was already out,” Moncherry said.

“I held him – his head did not hit the ground or the floor; I held him by the back of his neck and his legs and I saw – he cried, I heard him cry,” she told the Times, adding that she turned the baby over and saw that she had given birth to a boy.

“He watched his father, but he never watched me,” Moncherry said.

“Then the nurse came in ‘Oh my gosh! Oh my goodness – she had the baby! ‘”

Moncherry told the Times only one nurse visited her at that time but left, telling her to hold on since she was going to return.

According to Moncherry, the nurse returned about twenty minutes later with a colleague.

“They cut the umbilical cord and left with the baby,” she stated.

Moncherry said she was put on a wheel chair and taken back to the ‘labour room’, where she kept asking about her son and was told that the Doctors were still working on the newborn child.

The Ti Rocher resident said she was eventually told that the child, who had a number of abnormalities inside and outside, had died.

She recalled asking to see the child.

Moncherry said she examined the newborn who looked normal to her.

However she recalled being told that the child’s head and face looked flat and agreeing that the face looked flat.

Moncherry has one daughter who has an abnormality.

An official of Victoria Hospital, contacted by the Times for comment on the woman’s story, said there was need to look into the matter.

“This is very unusual behaviour,” the official stated.

According to the official, the patient’s complaint was being heard for the first time by Victoria Hospital although the incident is said to have occurred on January 31, 2017.

“We are hearing this from the media,” the official stated, adding that persons who believe that they have been aggrieved can write a letter, fill out a complaints form or visit the hospital to seek redress.

However the official said the hospital was happy that the matter was brought to its attention by the media, and would investigate.

The Moncherry family said they were advised by a friend to take their complaint to the media as a means of getting the authorities to act.

February 7, 2017 at 7:21 am Reply

20mins later! Ridiculous

February 7, 2017 at 9:14 am Reply

A number of abnormalities…we dont need that in society!

1. Anonymous Too
        February 7, 2017 at 10:31 am Reply

You seem like the BIGGEST abnormality. Obviously your BRAIN doesnt function right. YOU should have been born over a toilet and they should have LEFT you in the bowl.

February 7, 2017 at 1:34 pm Reply

Ppl like u shudnt hide behind such comments ,dont be anonymous . Place that comment on FB so we can see what abnormal [REMOVED BY ST. LUCIA TIMES] wrote that comment.

3. tess
        February 7, 2017 at 1:37 pm Reply

I totally agree ……. we dont need no more abnormal [REMOVED BY ST. LUCIA TIMES] like the person who wrote that comment .

4. tess
        February 7, 2017 at 1:46 pm Reply

5. Anonymous 3
        February 7, 2017 at 10:24 pm Reply

You sound like Donald Trump STFU! ignorant!

February 7, 2017 at 7:36 am Reply

To me the husband have a new baby girl with a bocage student.

February 7, 2017 at 7:43 am Reply

Where that coming in. It’s not about the husband it’s about the child

February 7, 2017 at 7:49 am Reply

Yes he does but dats nun of our business dat rapist mweh mem

February 7, 2017 at 9:02 am Reply

How does your comment or his baby with another person validate the current story of hospital negligence. Some of u too fast to mind plp business. Smh

1. Inyowan
        February 7, 2017 at 10:47 am Reply

Sometimes their man with how many little girls too but the watching somebody else business.

February 7, 2017 at 12:40 pm Reply

Mind your #### business

February 7, 2017 at 7:37 am Reply

A a really

February 7, 2017 at 7:38 am Reply

Cuba they study not their fault.

February 7, 2017 at 9:11 am Reply

And you sound like [REMOVED BY ST. LUCIA TIMES]

2. Masters
      February 7, 2017 at 10:49 am Reply

To the person who commented on being a Cuban trained.why are you mad?let me guess u/ur fam were declined a scholarship to study in Cuba 😀 ?sad ppl lol.btw do you even have a degree?

3. Petals
      February 7, 2017 at 12:42 pm Reply

[REMOVED BY ST. LUCIA TIMES]. You sound like an ignorant fool. Get educated!

February 7, 2017 at 3:45 pm Reply

I assume that you or somebody in your family never got any degree in cuba 🇨🇺 definitely NO because your brain is showing empty areas … i hope your fam don’t carry same problem than you..

February 7, 2017 at 5:15 pm Reply

I hope u will not COME TO THE HOSPITAL! AND EXPECT NURSES TO TAKE CARE OF U.. SINCE THEY STUDIED IN CUBA! YOU MUST BE UNEMPLOYED N UPSET! LOOL!

February 7, 2017 at 11:18 pm Reply

And where did you study?

5. DN
    February 7, 2017 at 7:44 am Reply

what’s new? they always neglect patients at the cost of the patients life, and all of the doctors tag up so in court they won’t testify and say something wrong was done. and who has the money to call in foreign do tots ? so they will always win regardless and not care.

6. Shana
    February 7, 2017 at 7:50 am Reply

What does that have to do with the story about who the husband have child with smh…..like really

7. Chou mama
    February 7, 2017 at 8:02 am Reply

This nurse refuses to hear when a patient says that they are ready to give birth……to me it that’s how I see it……..its like the nurses the ones feeling the pain got the patient……..chpzzzzzz
    HIGH TIME SOMEBODY SUE THAT DAMN HOSPITAL

1. Cristal
      February 7, 2017 at 10:07 am Reply

Very true, it’s almost as if they’re the ones carrying the baby. Sad and the worst part is they get away with it! Smh

February 7, 2017 at 8:02 am Reply

Cheating husband lol Aa pray to the Lord my girl

February 7, 2017 at 8:04 am Reply

Hold on. She thought the child looked normal yet she agree the face was flat? hummmmm There is more to that story. Also the child cried and she ensured his head didnt the ground. That dont sound right. Thats child had abnormalities! Whats does the death certificate say?

February 7, 2017 at 8:06 am Reply

Pray her second daughter has one leg her son is dead omg

February 7, 2017 at 8:08 am Reply

Y does an unborn child have to pay for the father’s dirty sins sorry to her my girl ……

12. Anny
    February 7, 2017 at 8:10 am Reply

Sum Lucia’s need to stop dat dat is nun of ur bizz whether he hv a child or not the point is the nurse to take mor time wit patients day more into the money Dan day wrk day sitting in the nurse office talking about patients whether day hv tings on the table or not

February 7, 2017 at 8:13 am Reply

Like seriously how would she know it was 20 minutes later. Was she checking her time and not the baby. Too fishy

1. Lord
      February 7, 2017 at 10:04 am Reply

What are u one of them

February 7, 2017 at 8:15 am Reply

Smh the woman lost her baby and ppl gonna talk about her husband having another baby how is that anybody’s business choops ……….those ppl need to step up leaving the woman there for 20mins after she gave birth alone that’s crap

February 7, 2017 at 8:58 am Reply

i think the woman is in pain because of her loss and not being factual about the incident, maybe she should look in the mirror all the licks she was getting could of been the cause

2. anonymous yes
      February 7, 2017 at 5:11 pm Reply

This can never happen. A nurse can never deliver a baby and come back 20 minutes later to cut the cord. You all lucians does lie too much
      I understand there are times there is neglect in the medical field however not that blatant. Stop lying. Baby has to be cared for immediately how can a nurse leave an infant especially one with abnormalities unattended for 20 minutes. Lass mahteee. Just like the last one who said the nurse cut the cord and tell her to clean herself and she eh die from hemorrhage. Choops. STOP LYING. You know ur child had abnormalities prior to delivery. CHOOPSSSSSSSS. Speak the truth.. You in labour and u going to use the washroom Mooton. Thats not ur first child.

15. Concerned
    February 7, 2017 at 8:15 am Reply

What is health care becoming in this country? Are we medically incompetent? Are we not able to take care of our people.. It’s frightening to know we are not safe with a our medical systems… Smh….

February 7, 2017 at 8:49 am Reply

Wow a baby was lost 😓😪😣,and ppl have so much to say abt the parents.
    What ashamed,come on ppl it not the time for the bashing of the dad,.
    Lord help then heal,

February 7, 2017 at 8:53 am Reply

The wife and side chick was pregnant at the same time the side chick child survive and wife is dead omg

February 7, 2017 at 8:54 am Reply

Help lord sins of the father

19. S.A
    February 7, 2017 at 8:59 am Reply

Smh about the comments said about the dad. The good Lord will deliever. GODS plans are best, you won’t see the blessing now but along the way you’ll see. Your blessings maybe to take caution, to love more, to open your eyes but you’ll see the blessing. So sorry to hear.

February 7, 2017 at 9:12 am Reply

All these comments are from [REMOVED BY ST. LUCIA TIMES] who casting aspersions on their own country men I never thought I would live to here my fellow country people get so ignorant. Am ashamed to say that I am a saint Lucian. No eye witness was there to varify. Exactly what took place at the hospital except those who give their own version Of the story but the false comments are flowing in. And the Bible said to keep thy tounge. From evil speaking .thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Remove the specks in your eyes before you see anothers own.

February 8, 2017 at 9:05 am Reply

you are right about that ..also he that is without sin cast the first stone..choops am pist

21. so so boo
    February 7, 2017 at 9:36 am Reply

All those that’s up in the ppl business omg instead we Lucian put our head together and help the situation we judge all those negative comment lord you ppl sick one day yourll turn will come and you all negative ppl will feel what she the mother has to go thro I have a cheating husband so it’s not she alone there is so much batterd women who keep their behind shut about getting abuse so the one that text about the husband beating his wife I hope the man you have is undercontroll and doesn’t beat or cheat my view

February 7, 2017 at 10:17 am Reply

Well said

February 7, 2017 at 3:07 pm Reply

Ikr

February 7, 2017 at 9:40 am Reply

well I feel sorry for her she is my neighbor…although the family has a lot of baggage …at this point I don’t think it matters..nobody know what she is going through…so at least ppl…overlook the cheating husband..

23. Queen Sugar
    February 7, 2017 at 9:43 am Reply

I don’t believe that the neglect of the Nurses caused the baby’s death. I also had a baby born with a flat face and my mother asked me if I had sat on her. Long story short she died at 7 months because of a defective heart. Afterwards my doctor told me that a flat face are signs of brain damage. Sweetie the Lord never gives us more than we can handle. Bury your son and seek counselling.

1. Cred
      February 7, 2017 at 6:31 pm Reply

Best comment I ‘ve read.. God bless you lady

2. The Advocate
      February 7, 2017 at 10:08 pm Reply

Makes perfect sense. Remember she was on the toilet and felt an urge to stand, she was already delivering the baby, explains the flatness of the face.

There was negligence on the father’s end too because I am not standing in a toilet with my wife and the newborn, umbilical cord uncut. I woulda pick her up and carry her to the labour room so fast… Not after 5 minutes, not after 10 minutes… U wait 15 minutes, 20 minutes u still there watching your wife? The noise I would have made, they would have been alerted alot sooner.

Meanwhile, y’all saw no signs from the child, nothing significant to raise more of an alarm?

I know both parties and I know that they can both be aggressive, to sit in a toilet or wherever for a whole 20 minutes, is unbelievable! Unacceptable! It hurts yes, but must accept part of the responsibility.

3. Emz
      February 7, 2017 at 11:33 pm Reply

Only comment that made sense here smh

February 7, 2017 at 10:01 am Reply

Well what can be said most of who comment child paying for his fatter sins it could be that of the mother as well no one know what she’s been doing only qhat his been doing God is good maybe he saved this baby

February 7, 2017 at 10:13 am Reply

Omg why are some people so heartless? A baby died because of negligence and yet some people are into the parents life history. I think the necessary authorities needs to revise the operation system at VH because it sucks!!!

1. anonymous yes
      February 7, 2017 at 5:16 pm Reply

That is not True. The child had abnormalities. Lass spread viay propoganda

2. Not believing
      February 8, 2017 at 12:11 pm Reply

Could y’all people please read the woman’s story over again and see the loopholes… She is trying to make her lies stick …..but that twenty minutes thing ain’t working right…stop believing everything y’all read

26. ...
    February 7, 2017 at 10:14 am Reply

February 7, 2017 at 10:15 am Reply

Omg I know him that’s my cousin wife he slept wife his step daughter my cousin daughter and he have a child with a bocage student she gave birth in December

1. Sadden Citizen
      February 7, 2017 at 10:20 am Reply

And where is the relevance of your comment to the article printed? Disgusted.

28. Cristal
    February 7, 2017 at 10:19 am Reply

I hope you find comfort in my condolences. Please get someone to speak to.about your loss. On the basis of the neglect, i do.hope they conduct a thorough investigation and if anyone has been found, they pay.for your son’s life. I wish you two the best. God is mighty, trust him, he knows best! Healing takes time

29. hell
    February 7, 2017 at 10:26 am Reply

She never wanted the baby

1. ...
      February 7, 2017 at 11:41 am Reply

ooo—Have strength my lady, I know what it feels like to lose a new born baby, and the emotional pain faced after a week is alot worst than the times the loss is experienced. Your last daughter is blessed to be living a normal life even with her disability. Please keep yourself strong for the rest of your kids. They need you. Some women women may never ever get to experience being pregnant for even a day, but even with loss, we have children. Be strong to move on. One step at a time.

February 7, 2017 at 10:41 am Reply

This is not the first story of neglect from the nurses at VH. You guys are so sick. You stray away from the fact that an innocent life was lost and you guys are there dwelling on the parents business. That’s terrible. He without sin cast the first stone. I hope that nothing like this ever happens to you or a close family member. I wonder if some of you would post such nonsense if it did.

31. Inyowan
    February 7, 2017 at 10:50 am Reply

Make Fun how you’ll ignorant women want but one day it will be you’ll in the maternity room.

32. Highman
    February 7, 2017 at 10:51 am Reply

Well my mind says the husban gave the woman some to drink to kill the baby, thats why the baby watch yhe daddy first…best advice lady move on with your life

1. ...
      February 7, 2017 at 11:40 am Reply

lll…Have strength my lady, I know what it feels like to lose a new born baby, and the emotional pain faced after a week is alot worst than the times the loss is experienced. Your last daughter is blessed to be living a normal life even with her disability. Please keep yourself strong for the rest of your kids. They need you. Some women women may never ever get to experience being pregnant for even a day, but even with loss, we have children. Be strong to move on. One step at a time.

February 7, 2017 at 11:06 am Reply

My lord….some people heart is so cold. I do mot want Lucians in my business before you put me on front page of the voice.Think beforeyou speak, if u cant be kind and say nothing good,then say nothing at all.Disability or no disability the child still has a right to life.Some people need to feel to understand. I am so sorry for the child parents,may God give you peace and strength as you greive for your son. That person bringing up all manner of evil things up…be careful,i hope u have no flaws in character or personality or even physical….zort maypwisa trop.

February 7, 2017 at 1:25 pm Reply

Poor lady,god bless you and your husband for no one is perfect we all make mistakes ppl talk [REMOVED BY ST. LUCIA TIMES] unless it’s on their doorstep or unless it hits close to home, but god knows and see’s everything leave the judgment to him more strength to you and your family.

February 7, 2017 at 11:12 am Reply

Look into why her husband was beating her in town no just put it on VH police need to investigate that story so don’t put on vh

1. ...
      February 7, 2017 at 11:40 am Reply

xxx Have strength my lady, I know what it feels like to lose a new born baby, and the emotional pain faced after a week is alot worst than the times the loss is experienced. Your last daughter is blessed to be living a normal life even with her disability. Please keep yourself strong for the rest of your kids. They need you. Some women women may never ever get to experience being pregnant for even a day, but even with loss, we have children. Be strong to move on. One step at a time.

February 7, 2017 at 12:35 pm Reply

I think she is too quick too blame the nurses! She herself said the child didnt look normal maybe the child had abnormality or heart defect that cause the child to perish.

35. anonymous
    February 7, 2017 at 11:36 am Reply

am sorry for her children they’re paying for sins of the father and mother. Lord put a hand.

36. ...
    February 7, 2017 at 11:39 am Reply

February 7, 2017 at 12:04 pm Reply

All these nurses do we’ll most of them listen to music on their phones they always have an earpiece in their ears or doing some other thing on their phone please not when you’ll are on duty

February 7, 2017 at 12:39 pm Reply

Some of those comments sickens me omg!

February 7, 2017 at 12:48 pm Reply

Where does politics play a role?

February 7, 2017 at 12:50 pm Reply

You tried to kill the first one and that one to wicked woman anyways the baby is in a safe place now

41. Concern citizen
    February 7, 2017 at 1:44 pm Reply

People it happen at the hospital Victoria hospital the hospital where the nurses and doctors only attend to you when the frawth coming out of your mouth and u die.ive seen it for me self where people lie down all day at the hospital and the nurses just walking up and down like they head not good and not doing nothing for the sick patient.peopl only go to they hospital when they but they nurses and docter think different.lets US air our voice to make thing go away and the nurses an docter take they job more serious.i sure at the interview they knew exactly what they was signing up for and they said yes to all the questions.lets make the hospital take more responsibility for they mistake

February 7, 2017 at 8:50 pm Reply

What mistake? Everything you all read is truth? People always want a scapegoat

42. Pick out
    February 7, 2017 at 2:26 pm Reply

I was in the same boat a year ago vh nurse not nice their don’t listen to the patients especially the pregnant mothers and my daughter was weighting 8 lbs it was because of vh neglect doctors for doctors nurses for nurses

February 7, 2017 at 2:32 pm Reply

Abnormality or not 20.min is. Along time to react to a woman who’s bleeding and. A baby who’s just came out they should have rushed to her aid and the child’s aid I was in her sistuiton last year when I was there to give birth to my son who’s now 3 months praise God he was born safe was experiencing lots.of pains I was spotting then heavy bleeding still they say am.not ready all tough I was 39 weeks it went so bad my child heart rate was under 110 they rushed with oxygen and ice day after that my son was born after I enduced him by walk during my pains up and down the stairs cause it was quite clear they were doing nothing my condolences madam to u and ur fam loosing a child is never easy

44. anonymous
    February 7, 2017 at 3:23 pm Reply

My condolences to the family……I went thru the same thing I was having pains and the nurse saying I not ready a few mins later I felt like I wanted to pee my mother told me is da baby that coming so go to the labour rm the nurse told me to go an pee as I sat down over the toilet the baby head came out thank God notjing serious happened he just spent 2 wks in the nursery… Its time the proper officials did something about some of those nurses

45. unknown
    February 7, 2017 at 3:36 pm Reply

Accept my sympathy sweetheart…… I remembered you from the world pediatric club….those who comment about the parents personal life ……hope you’ll personal life is way better off…..Thats a new born baby we talking about and not parents life…. Ignorant ……seek counseling and hope u get a good recovering ….be strong sweetheart

46. Interstellar
    February 7, 2017 at 6:42 pm Reply

To many comments on this matter (Word deleted) happens yet still VH is a piece (Word deleted) hospital ppl r treated like fast food customers n the service is crap Health care is expensive but yet still what is going on with the money ppl pay for nic that money should be funneled into the health care system budget instead cuz I kno that I will never touch that money I paying them at this rate I will die before pention cuz I’m reluctant to go for checkups which should be free

47. Facts
    February 7, 2017 at 6:44 pm Reply

Really people we are too quick to state comments about peoples buiness when we dont know the fact about anything.It is very true that most of the staff at vh is very careless when it comes to their patients and how quick they attend to paitients but for crying out loud people lie and blame others when most of the times it is their own faults when something bad happens..We need to accept blame for our selves.It is just sad that so many innocent children suffer when we parents make wrong decisions in our lives

48. Boom
    February 7, 2017 at 7:12 pm Reply

Is not the father alone that have sins the mother have too the children paying for the mother sins as well their fathers,’ u shouldnt even make another child for that rapist after he sleep with his child ur child and he get a 16yr old chil. plug U will make more children for him to rape the new baby was saved from finding out what he would have to live with the man holding hands with on tv deh not even hers better urll pray for the first 2 children that their sins of their parents especailly their mother eh follow them cause god alone knows how much dem children has to face the so calked father is a rapist the mother is a poison oh lawwwwd

February 10, 2017 at 2:45 pm Reply

Boom blast them off….. Its true wat u say greenidge is a rapist. Zilta needs to go to wellness center for a year or so to chill out her head….

49. Emz
    February 7, 2017 at 11:41 pm Reply

St.lucians are becoming even more disgusting by the day

50. T
    February 7, 2017 at 11:50 pm Reply

After reading these comments it’s proven the lack of intelligence and the lack of compassion some st.lucians have sooooo disgusted…every one has sin and I’m sure that a lot of those who are on here bashing the mother and father have more skeletons in their closet!!! Lucians take pleasure in kicking someone when they’re at their lowest..if u have nothing good to say hush ur dam mouth ignorant fools…I pray that this woman don’t read these comments cuz this will only make her feel worst no one knows the true story so don’t give ur dam opinion retards …st.lucia needs more people like me goshhhh I can’t deal again tired of seeing ridiculous comments under these stories. Get a dam life not because sno or slu times give y’all an open area to comment that it means every dog has to bark go sit down low lifes #distgusted #ashame

51. Phill
    February 8, 2017 at 2:17 am Reply

The is hospital wed to be taken down and rebuilt. All employees fired and made to re apply for their jobs. Bring in experiences people who actually care about other people. Then put proper processes in place to favor patients.

February 8, 2017 at 4:26 am Reply

don’t know half the story about those ppl am sorry the baby dad think about it y he never look at his mom y he only look at his dad

53. Belive it
    February 8, 2017 at 8:14 am Reply

It is true that some of those comnents sounds disguisting.But dont be so quick to defend everyone who comes on the media to make any claim of neglect or any of the sort.Think for yourselves,dont you know that there are people that knows the victims for themselves so before you call those who are placing those nasty comments all sorts of name be carefull because if you only knew them for yourselves you too would either Place a nasty comment or you would just shut your mouth about the situation.Yes we all hsve skeletons in our closets but really,God alone knows,as for me I feel sorry for the two existing kids and I know that the baby is in a better place.

February 10, 2017 at 11:45 am Reply

St Lucians like minding people business to much same thing they don’t know what is the really matter between the father an the mother just keeping for them an they will be delivered by God’s grace.

February 8, 2017 at 8:46 am Reply

Sad but true

55. smh
    February 8, 2017 at 11:37 am Reply

Alot of people commenting here are narcissistic, childless, immature or just self absorbed bullies. Its pathetic. It does not take education to show empathy, it only takes a heart.

56. How I See It
    February 8, 2017 at 5:07 pm Reply

This is really sad… This is no doubt negligence. The comment made by the nurse about “not having enough space in the nursery” indicates that this lady’s baby was not their main focus.
    The representative states that these things don’t happen at this institution; which is false because I can recall the lady who delivered her baby on her own.
    This was also invalid information about him having another child, it still doesn’t hide the fact that they lost their baby girl.

Also why has it become a war on who

57. a ben bon
    February 8, 2017 at 7:11 pm Reply

Thats a call for concern if it took 20mins for a nurse to attend to someone who gave birth in a toilet or anywhere for that matter.

58. Depressed
    February 8, 2017 at 9:38 pm Reply

God has the power to show you that he is God. Smh. So of the comments omg. Pray for the family and let God.

59. Source
    February 8, 2017 at 10:20 pm Reply

I am really disgusted by some of the comments…to the people who kno the mother well and want to bash her and criticize her u need to take ur ignorance and put it way up ur rear end ur self esteem is probably low and you looking for attention ….on the other hand the main issue VH needs a serious review of their medical team the nurses seem lost and uninterested in their job and ppls lives too many mothers have lost their babies to neglect and negligence the mothers say they are yet still they tell u dnt push or u not ready stating from experience and the nurse was lucky to catch my baby…smh we persecute each other we have no love in this country all we try to do is damage others…my lady there is a god matthew 5:44 states love ur enemies,bless them that curse u,do good to them that hate u and pray for them which dispitefully use u and persecute pray GOD IS GOOD

February 9, 2017 at 4:17 am Reply

That for his lies

61. Khayti
    February 14, 2017 at 9:25 am Reply

I cannot blame the nurses for the death of the baby. But something is terribly wrong here. One of the things I have observed about nurses, particularly midwives, they bring their book learning to the labor rooms sometimes. For crying out loud, if a mother tells you that the baby is about to come or is coming, take note. You are the one who delivers or helps the mother deliver. You are not the one wit the pain or the urge to push. Stop making these decisions and stop giving women pain medication when they tell you the baby is coming. Book learning is great, and it is necessary to have a midwife assist in childbirth, but some of them are a bit careless. I had two such experiences where I told the midwives the baby was coming and they ignored me. Both times the babies almost hit the damn floor if the midwives were not quick enough to catch them. Midwives are not superwomen, neither are they the ones delivering. When a mom says I am ready you better believe it whether your book says otherwise. Babies don’t care about centimeters when they are ready to come, so maybe midwives should be a bit more careful. Another thing, a tired midwife should be relieved of her duty and another should be there to replace her. Childbirth is not a joke even though some of us would like to take the place of Nature and say how many babies or which babies ought to live or die. I have met some wonderful midwives but incidentally, some just are too careless. First and foremost you became a nurse because of your love for human life…not only to kill time for the almighty dollar. The jib if a nurse is not an easy one but it weighs heavy on the mind of a mother when she tells you she is ready to have her baby and through your negligence or what she perceives to be your indifference, she loses her child. Whether the child is deformed or not it is her child and it is not your duty to say whether it deserves to live or not. Again I am not apportioning blame…just saying.