Suspected killer charged with capital murder

Suspected killer charged with capital murder

Suspected Marisule killer, Peter Thomas, 43, of Union,  has been charged with capital murder in connection with the death of 76 year old Marisule resident, Rose Anne Raymond, whose body was discovered at her residence on Saturday, December 10, 2016, Saint Lucia police have said.

Thomas was charged on Wednesday.

A police spokesman told the Times that Thomas is likely to make a court appearance on Friday, February 10, 2017.

Subsection 4 of section 86 of the Criminal Code of Saint Lucia indicates that a person convicted of capital murder may, on conviction on indictment, be sentenced to death.

A post mortem conducted by Doctor Stephen King on December 12, 2016, revealed that Rose Anne Raymond died as a result of asphyxia secondary to ligature strangulation.

1. Gabriel Stoke
    February 9, 2017 at 2:56 pm Reply

No handcuffs! (Expression deleted)

2. OMG
    February 9, 2017 at 3:32 pm Reply

oh my goodness, I know him. Didnt even know this was his name. This picture is so much clearer than the others. Smh. This guy worked on a house not too far from where I lived. Always seemed pleasant. I am in utter shock and disbelief!

February 9, 2017 at 6:31 pm Reply

Many crimes are committed by persons who appear to be nice and pleasant and above suspicion. In other words they always seem to be “good boys” until they are caught and exposed as bad men.

2. selah
      February 9, 2017 at 9:13 pm Reply

OMGOSH!!! I know of this man veryyyyyy pleasant as you said OMG….this is crazy!! the pictures before are so dark…..in comparing the two sets of pics i see two different males..smh i am happy that someone was caught this lady didnt deserve this horrific death at all!! Sickening!!

February 9, 2017 at 4:04 pm Reply

Why the death penalty for him and not the other murders. They to should be put to death.

February 9, 2017 at 4:33 pm Reply

I’m not here to judge and I am happy to know that someone is being held accountable for the lady’s brutal death. Looks can be so deceiving. Based on this pic he can pass as anyone’s uncle, favourite cousin etc. But, in all of this I am hearing nothing of how he was found guilty. Did he confess. I mean, did he say what drove him to commit such a crime. What was his defence. How did they come to the decision so fast. You mean he was so unremorseful and in need of fame that he beat his chest about the incident. I don’t know, i ‘m hearing nothing or am I just too blind to see it. Please SNO give me the answers I seek.
    I’m not condoning the murder or feeling sorry for him if he did it, just that I am reading nothing about his defence or lack thereof.

February 9, 2017 at 5:50 pm Reply

Every citizen is innocent until prove guilty. Obviously there must have been overwhelming evidence to bring such a charge against him. The police willl not dilvuge such information that you are seeking so the case will not be prejuduice.

1. msknowitall
        February 11, 2017 at 8:51 pm Reply

they found DNA & it came back positive

February 9, 2017 at 9:59 pm Reply

It’s look like this person wants to take his place if he or she wants to find out why they charge him so fast. Instead they thank God they cought him they. Complaining how he was charge. ( Fe moin sheay )

February 10, 2017 at 12:08 am Reply

Comment:my issues in this state is that they post the pics of who they want for crimes committed.
    when it is a lawyer that they don’t like they show him, a cop that they don’t really care about they mention his name over and over. when it is the big boys son nothing.

we need to see those faces of the criminal. in st Lucia they think they know the law more than anyone else. they look for all sorts of crap not to do this and that. yet the us that they copy exposes everyone including molesters. we are a small state. let’s do it as if it is a small state and let’s eliminate or cut down on those serious crime.
    worrying about human rights and foolishness. even those human rights activists wants to feel safe.
    when people abuse the law to do their shit they want the whole nation to feel sorry for them and so they cry human rights… making the small minded immature cops use it as an excuse to form the balls.
    … there’s always a way around everything. always. n I have a problem with those persons who take the law at face value and not act.
    … PEOPLE IF THE FIGHT BY THOSE COPS WHO ONLY WANTS POSITION STOPS, THEN THOSE DEDICATED COPS WILL DO WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO.
    … when a top cop threatens or even charge persons for passing a love on a thief .. what message are u sending.
    there are ways of sending a message to the public without crippling them.

my my my…. and by the way stop recruiting cops who can’t speak English… eg WHENCE EVER.. ONCE EVER… AND AS ONE grows in a job so should his Language. how can u command if u can’t speak.
    nonsense. the criminals speak better than….
    However I do encourage cops to make friends around the communities. that’s how u make it bro. who say criminals can’t give u information.
    we have the prison which is a house of information. most cops know someone inside.