PM clears air on land allegations

PM clears air on land allegations

Press Release:-Prime Minister Honourable Allen M. Chastanet wishes to set straight the record regarding widely publicized allegations referencing a parcel of land in the Moule-a-Chique area. The verifiable facts are as follows:

• The land referred to is located at Moule-a-Chique—and is not included in the proposals relating to the ‘Pearl of the Caribbean’ Desert Star Holdings Limited (DSH) development. The land was purchased from a private individual.
  • The Moule-a-Chique land in question was purchased in April 2013 by eight individuals, including Mr. Allen Chastanet months before he became leader of the United Workers Party. The dimension of that property is less than an acre.
  • According to the record, government level discussions with DSH and the Kenny Anthony administration began in 2015—a fact recently confirmed by Dr. Ernest Hilaire, former CIP chairman and chief negotiator during an interview on Thursday 2nd March 2017 on a local talk-show.
  • Prime Minister Chastanet was introduced to DSH Chairman Mr. Teo Ah Khing in July 2016—a fact made public via social media.
  • Prime Minister Allen Chastanet had no meetings or discussions with the chairman of DSH Mr. Teo Ah Khing prior to 2016.

The Prime Minister takes very seriously the allegations directed at him, his wife and other family members. This is especially so as this misinformation has received the widest publicity at home and abroad; the continued circulation of which is a source of injury to both him and his extended family.

The Prime Minister accepts that persons who oppose him politically will constantly make baseless allegations. However, on this occasion the attempt to besmirch his extended family, who have no involvement in politics, is a step too far. The Prime Minister will use all remedies available to him to protect his family whose only involvement is their association with him.

March 7, 2017 at 6:37 pm Reply

Mr.PM the public are aware that you met Mr.Teo during the election period. Why you did not disclose that information immediately are you and Mr.Felix signed the documents for DSH ??? This is what is called inside trading in the USA… You knew very well you stand to benefit once the DSH project is approved… St.Lucia has now become a cash cow for you and your friends. To late with this cheap excuse. People must now start getting their boots to march and shut down the country. Enough is Enough in 8 months from you, your ministers and some of your statutory board members.

March 7, 2017 at 10:34 pm Reply

This is a Prime Minister playing defense on every single topic. 1) Laptops, 2) N.I.C.E, 3) National Budget, 4) Dialysis Machines, 5) DSH Project, 6) Ministerial Protocol (Ubladus Raymond), 7) VAT Reduction, 8) USA Deportees, 9) Deputy Speaker, 10) Cost of Overseas Travelling, 11) Mandatory Training For All Ministers and PS, 12) SLTB, 13) SJH and National Hospital, 14) National Security and Safety, 15) IMPACS and ORC, 16) National Frame work For Energy, 17) School Security and Safety,etc,etc,etc,… When will this PM be truthful to the people and citizens of St.Lucia ? Is that what the people of Lucia voted for ?

March 7, 2017 at 10:39 pm Reply

Let me add one more for you, how could you have forgotten the C.I.P. There is no way to prove someone is Three million dollars rich or financial sound as per Allen in a press conference in January of 2017, that is why he said he reduce the CIP to $100,000.00 USD.

March 7, 2017 at 10:43 pm Reply

All the PM has to do is show all St. Lucians that any suggestion of personal gain on his part is unfounded. And if the DSH project takes place and as a result his property gains value, then this is not a big thing, because such a scenario is both common and normal. All properties become more valuable when they are within close probity of major developments. So let’s move on from there, because Richard Frederick did not say anything that was FALSE. The projected documents on screen showed the lands and the Directors. Whatever Richard may have wanted viewers to believe is neither here nor there and cannot, in law, be considered an offence.

4. Varb
    March 7, 2017 at 11:21 pm Reply

LIAR LIAR “

March 8, 2017 at 3:57 am Reply

What i want to form is a left wing radical movement to drive the du boulay chastanet family and the rich capitalist elite who live in cap estate rodney bay borne terre coubaril from the landscape of st lucia and give all the land and estates to the black people

March 8, 2017 at 7:17 am Reply

So you want communism? Hope you know what you are sayung.

6. Concern Citizen
    March 8, 2017 at 8:12 am Reply

When these people finished with the poor St. Lucia people we all will have to watch of bread

7. Concern Citizen
    March 8, 2017 at 8:17 am Reply

Who they think they fooling putting family first wow I thought it was Country first it’s all about their pockets Lucian wake up

March 8, 2017 at 8:26 am Reply

How bout u isn’t your family frist?

9. Not Nice
    March 8, 2017 at 10:14 am Reply

Man stop lying to the people of St.Lucia,it’s time for you to go. People have to start marching the streets to get this government out.

10. Lynn
    March 8, 2017 at 10:57 am Reply

Wow these SLP hacks are very bitter and will stop at nothing to destroy fair Helen. How many of you all have try to invest into the country to make the poor life better. None. While I read some of you all comments it begs to wonder who is really for country or for themselves. These people you all have tarnish such as the Chastanets the Bernards, the Du boulays if all these people have to shut down their businesses in St. Lucians will suffer because not anyone of you have businesses or invest in St. Lucia. What difference are You trying to make or what is your contribution to sweet Helen, but to destroys one reputation in the name of country? Really St. Lucians? You all will get what you all want. I’m a young person and I’m watching and it scares me to death what generation’s like me will be in time to come. Last election would be my first time voting and I did stay out of the polls because I said unless we make politicians pay for corruption I will not vote. To many times I’m hearing this one and that one is corrupt and yet no one has brought to the courts. I arrest my case for now……

March 8, 2017 at 11:06 am Reply

Your case needs to be “arrested” for true! Now, I rest my case.

March 8, 2017 at 11:52 am Reply

SHUT UP CHASTANET. YOU ALL REALISE HE SAID NOTHING ABOUT THE 99 YEAR LEASE. if you went to miami to splurge when u went to school there, some of us took our studies very seriously and so we can think and analyse for ourselves and see beyond the veils and coverups. tell us st lucians about the 99 year lease. we waiting to hear if you gave the land to china for 100 years for one dollar.

13. sharon terrell
    March 8, 2017 at 12:19 pm Reply

LYNN these SLP supporters are street smart not book smart ,they just bark all the time they are so bush,they don’t know to understand talk,just listen to the politicians they support or who represent thembdo you LYNN think that i would waste my votes to put an x by any of these bush men names,these non talkers cannot represent not even my Dog.I would have to be brainwash and mentally sick.These labors politicians are only good for the yard and savan.I can imagine j.phillip Pierre aka water boy at the UN Lol,Yo Pere.Labor you’ll days finish.Stop you’ll mischief malice lies and propaganda. Godwill chastice you’ll.And Kenny leather face Anthony pay Amos in Haiti before he go with your head.

March 8, 2017 at 1:00 pm Reply

Has anything Richard said been proven true? And people still believing him.

1. Lynn
      March 8, 2017 at 4:35 pm Reply

One must remember Richard is a lawyer. Lawyers lie and would show or make up anything to prove a point. My question to Richard why all of sudden your phone lines are not open so that callers can get a chance to asked questions? You only have a show all to yourself lambasing the government or always waving paper on your screen. Your phone lines needs to be open. Lots of people on the outside is watching. Richard has lots of skeletons in his closet. One thing that I hate this man saying at the end of his show is what jah bless no man curse. Really?

March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm Reply

Lynn, if , as you say, lawyers tell lies, then I take it that you are referring to ALL lawyers. I hope you don’t try to shift the goal post when referring to Kenny Anthony, the Fosters, the McNamaras, etc. I hope, too, that you consider the ordinary man or woman and the children too, all of whom tell lies. Therefore, we are all capable of telling lies. So which one of us is qualified to judge? We keep missing the point, by making some sweeping statements which can be challenged. Let us be careful. I hope you do not have any lawyer friend. But then again, you , too, must have told quite a few lies in your lifetime, so you and your lawyer friends are birds of a lying feather! I confess that I have lied millions of times in my lifetime, and each time, I have asked God to forgive me. But if I have cause to lie again, you ca bet your bottom dollar that I will lie through my teeth!

March 8, 2017 at 9:23 pm Reply

Lynn, but Chastanet is not a lawyer, and people say he lies. Do you still say that only lawyers lie? Oh, you never said “only lawyers”? Well what is your point, if EVERYBODY lies? And do have something against Richard alone as a lying lawyer, or are you accusing all lawyers?

March 8, 2017 at 9:36 pm Reply

Lynn has never told lies in her life. In that sense, she is without sin. Moreover, between now and the hour of her death, she will never lie. It is important to note this, because if, in fact we all have lied and we all will continue to lie, then what really is the point about Richard lying? Of course Richard lies. But so do I, Lynn, Lynn’s friends and family members, Lynn’s lawyer friends, and Lynn’s children, if she has any. I am bing purposefully ridiculous, just to make the point: why cast Richard in a mould that fits all of us? One day I will tell Lynn how many lies I have told in my short life so far. And I am not even a lawyer.

18. Ali Clarke
    March 9, 2017 at 5:24 pm Reply

I don’t understand some of you here are so quick to judge but yet you prefer to be anonymous and offer no real solutions. All I heard is criticism but no one seems to have any ideas or any business solutions to alleviate the suffering for ordinary st Lucians. Its so easy to attack successful people who has money as they are some how wrong to have wealth. I may not support every thing the government may do. But I do support constructive developments and investment that will benefit lucians. Ask what nor your country can do for you but what you can do for your country. I am sick and tired of constant political bickering and snide remarks. Be part of the solution or you become the problem

19. ANONYMOUS
    March 10, 2017 at 11:48 am Reply

WHERE WERE THE CONCERNED CITIZENS GROUP WHEN THE EX PRIME MINISTER STARTED THE ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING IN VIEUXFORT. WERE THEY EVER CONSULTED ON THE PROLJECT OF GIVEN A TOWN HALL MEETING TO DISCUSS IT. WHY DID THEY DRIVE THEIR VEHICLE AT THE SITE IN PROTEST TO THE NON COMPLETION OF THE ST. JUDE HOSPITAL BUT YET DISREGARDING THE DIRE NEED OF A HOSPITAL IN VIEUS FORT FOR THE LAST SEVEN YEARS. THE FORMER PRIME MINSITED SHOWED COMPLETE DISREGARD TO THE PEOPLE OF VIEUX FORT PERHAPS HER TOO WAS FED UP WITH THE TARDINESS OF WORKS. UP TO THE TIME OF WRITING NOT ONE OF THE CONCERNED CITIZENS HAS COMMENTED ON THE EX PRIME MINISTER’S MALTREATMENT OF THE PEOPLE OF VIEUX FORT BUT ARE BUSY TRYING THIER ITMOST OF STOLL THE DSH PROJECT WHICH WILL REDOUND TO THE BENEFIT OF VIEUX FORTIANS FOR THE NEXT 25 YEARS. WE ALL KNOW THE MAJORITY OF OF THIS GROUP ARE LABOUT SUPPORTERS CARRYING ON A LEGACY OF NEGATIVITY TO ALL PROJECT BROUGHT ABOUT BY THE UWP GOVT. TO NAME A FEW INDEPENDENCE, RODNEY BAY MARING, MILLENII]UM HIGHWAY, CIP, AND THE LIST GOES ON.