Press Release:-Prime Minister Honourable Allen M. Chastanet wishes to set straight the record regarding widely publicized allegations referencing a parcel of land in the Moule-a-Chique area. The verifiable facts are as follows:
- The land referred to is located at Moule-a-Chique—and is not included in the proposals relating to the ‘Pearl of the Caribbean’ Desert Star Holdings Limited (DSH) development. The land was purchased from a private individual.
- The Moule-a-Chique land in question was purchased in April 2013 by eight individuals, including Mr. Allen Chastanet months before he became leader of the United Workers Party. The dimension of that property is less than an acre.
- According to the record, government level discussions with DSH and the Kenny Anthony administration began in 2015—a fact recently confirmed by Dr. Ernest Hilaire, former CIP chairman and chief negotiator during an interview on Thursday 2nd March 2017 on a local talk-show.
- Prime Minister Chastanet was introduced to DSH Chairman Mr. Teo Ah Khing in July 2016—a fact made public via social media.
- Prime Minister Allen Chastanet had no meetings or discussions with the chairman of DSH Mr. Teo Ah Khing prior to 2016.
The Prime Minister takes very seriously the allegations directed at him, his wife and other family members. This is especially so as this misinformation has received the widest publicity at home and abroad; the continued circulation of which is a source of injury to both him and his extended family.
The Prime Minister accepts that persons who oppose him politically will constantly make baseless allegations. However, on this occasion the attempt to besmirch his extended family, who have no involvement in politics, is a step too far. The Prime Minister will use all remedies available to him to protect his family whose only involvement is their association with him.