‘Deceased had abusive relationships’

‘Deceased had abusive relationships’

Relatives of Vergil Roberts, this country’s 18th homicide victim, have revealed that the 52 year old resident of Cantonement, Vieux Fort suffered in several abusive romantic relationships.

A family member told the Times that Roberts, described as a heavy drinker and smoker who had mental issues, was in an abusive relationship when she died.

“She was not in a happy relationship,” the family member said.

The relative said of the deceased:

“From the time I knew her people were taking advantage of her.”

The relative recalled that the deceased had been sexually assaulted in the past.

But the Times was told that despite her trials, Roberts was a loving individual who liked to make people laugh.

The family member who spoke on condition of anonymity, revealed that the deceased was taking medication for her mental condition.

Police found the body of the 52 year old woman in a house at Vieux Fort last night.

A law enforcement official told the Times that the body bore ‘severe’ marks of violence all over.

A male suspect from Cantonement, Vieux Fort, is currently in police custody assisting with investigations into the woman’s death.

1. Bella
    March 9, 2017 at 5:06 pm Reply

Only now ppl speaking? Smdh

March 9, 2017 at 6:00 pm Reply

Are they now trying to say that the deceased victim may have contributed to her own demise in an effort to justify the actions of the suspect?

March 9, 2017 at 8:20 pm Reply

Did not get that at all from what I read.

March 10, 2017 at 8:21 am Reply

I hope not

March 9, 2017 at 6:02 pm Reply

The suspect is not from Cantonement. He only lives there.

March 9, 2017 at 6:07 pm Reply

same thing

4. RIP
    March 9, 2017 at 6:13 pm Reply

The suspect is from ti rocher micoud but lives here with his parents he is also mentally ill and is on medication as well

1. FBI
      March 9, 2017 at 9:30 pm Reply

How Is Ti Rocher Micoud Uh ?! 😂😂😂😂 He Not Mentality Ill At All (Words deleted) !! He Does Just Drink Aloooot Of Rum

5. So sad
    March 9, 2017 at 6:30 pm Reply

Heartbreaking!

6. concern
    March 9, 2017 at 11:02 pm Reply

Oh my why she stayed in it.
    The Lady family should help her out.
    No matter what.

1. They Say
      March 10, 2017 at 7:18 am Reply

A family member said “she had mental issues”
      Smh .would like to meet that person so I could slap the hell out of them and was taking medication? I am so angry with all that nonsense talk…. If yourl don’t know or didn’t know her shut the hell up!!!! The family has enough to deal with already!!! 🙁

7. Chin
    March 10, 2017 at 1:08 am Reply

From what I gathered from this news report is that in an abusive romantic relationship one can never be happy. What I have learnt in my lifetime is that in a relationship where one is verbally abused is no different from being physically or sexually abused. Women as well as men don’t wait till your life is of no more to walk out of the door of an abusive relationship. Everyone is born with free will. To love anyone you must first love yourself. Let’s all embrace a ZERO tolerance for any type of abuse. To the family, my deepest condolences and may Miss Roberts rest in eternal peace.

8. concern
    March 10, 2017 at 6:58 am Reply

Whats the suspect name …reveal it he to wicked

March 10, 2017 at 8:55 am Reply

Folks the lady has gone through a lot. Her family and friends in the community tried for years to assist her. The enviroment where she lives just does not help. She was ask to leave him before but it would not work. sometimes you try but end results could be good or bad. very sad though.

March 10, 2017 at 3:04 pm Reply

True

10. Smarteyes
    March 10, 2017 at 10:19 am Reply

Well said chin

March 10, 2017 at 3:58 pm Reply

Its almost like this website is BLAMING THE VICTIM. Who writes those stories? Probably one who needs to get educated fast!

12. SAD
    March 11, 2017 at 6:53 am Reply

Sad, I only knew her because I lived in the nearby community. Broke my heart when I received the news. Always called my sister and I ‘ti irie’. May you rest in peace Virgie.

March 11, 2017 at 7:39 am Reply

No matter if she was a heavy drinker or on drugs stil she loved the man i use to c them togther never once she or he was lookin wasted sad the man i guess went on the white stuf made him abuse her so bad thats my take here

14. Sad
    March 11, 2017 at 9:27 pm Reply

Both the deceased and the accused have been admitted at the mental institution… I’m sure that their families have tried to help them but sometimes there’s only so much one can do. It’s really a sad situation with noone to blame.

March 14, 2017 at 7:23 am Reply

Well right now the reality of what he did has set in drugs rum all out of his system now he will have to man up for what he did and if I was the law I would put he the one who killed the woman at ciceron the one who killed the man at Denney and the other bastards who killed the woman and her boyfriend at LA clerk in the same cell and let them try der with each other because they would not live long together